- Cambridge, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a senior software engineer with strong experience in the development of complex web applications. I have good knowledge of:
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, RDFa,more...I am a senior software engineer with strong experience in the development of complex web applications. I have good knowledge of:
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, RDFa, microformats)
- Java, J2EE
- PHP, MySQL, Oracle, Symfony, Drupal
- Software Engineering (e.g.: UML and tools, Agile approach, testing and Junit)
- I am very used to team working and I have had experience in leading small groups of developers, as well as in training and student's tutoring.
- I have worked in several fields, mainly in scientific data management and broadcast industry.
Area Covered: Cambridge, London, UK
Summary: I have worked in the IT field for many years. I am best experienced in web development, either in Java or PHP, as well as with most of related technologies (e.g.: MySQL, XML, Apache and Linux/Unix). I have several years of experience with Semantic Web technologies and ontology engineering (e.g.: RDF, OWL, RDFa, microformats). I have worked in several application domains, including life sciences and radio-television.
Job Title: Leader for the software development
Company: IFOM, foundation for molecular biology
Description: Our company has worked with Leonardo and the Biopolo scrl organisation to develop the Italian Biotechnology Directory, a web portal of Italian organisations working in the field of Biotechnology. The web site provided with detailed information about biotech companies and institutes, as well as daily updated relevant international news.
Education Summary: I have a PhD on Computer science, which concerned a project about applications of the Semantic Web Technologies to the management of biomedical knowledge (namely, gene expression and microarray related knowledge). I have a degree in Information Technologies.
Web Application Developer, Semantic Web, Java, J2EE, PHP, MySQL