- Newcastle upon Tyne, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
A Marketing Professional with proven skills in product development , project management and lead generation. Plus, extensive general marketing experience including website designmore...A Marketing Professional with proven skills in product development , project management and lead generation. Plus, extensive general marketing experience including website design and implementation, direct marketing - email or Royal Mail , social media marketing, PR, advertising and event management (inc. product rollout). Worked with large international companies like Legal and General through to small to medium sized businesses like LBM in Manchester.
Area Covered: North East and Yorkshire
Work Experience Summary: Marketing Manager ITPS (Newcastle)
Responsible for all marketing activity including the creation of a completely new website which incorporated latest SEO techniques and social marketing. Generated many great PR opportunities which have featured ITPS in the Journal, Northern Echo and North East Times, set up a programme of themed high level breakfast briefings at NUFC. Produced a 100% increase in sales leads from a marketing budget that was reduced by 40% through very careful management of costs.
LBM Direct Marketing (Manchester) Sept 2007 • Nov 2008
• Product Development - Over 12 months developed and launched 3 major web based products with a further 2 in the pipeline which I successfully presented to the main board for sign off
• Project Management - Responsible for generating the full product specification and project plan and working closely with the IT Team to produce the SQL/web pages etc., through to testing and signing off the product
• Marketing Communications - launched the internal training certification and organised the production of collateral and PR opportunities through our agency and managing the direct marketing lead generation program using email, mail and SEO
• Product Training - Set up and managed the product certification training scheme, which is a company first. The major benefit has been accelerated product take up by the sales team, leading to quicker sales delivery.
Dun and Bradstreet (High Wycombe, Bucks.) 1998 - 2007
• Internet Revenue - Responsible for UK Risk Management division of D&B, which contributed over 80% of total UK revenue most of which was via the website
• Full Marketing Plan - UK wide responsibility for co-ordination and implementation of the marketing plan for all UK risk products with a 2006-7 sales target of £70M
• Product development - Key player in the Europe wide team that developed the new online UK Credit Reports with market leading content and functionality. UK lead on introduction of new UK monitoring service.
• Direct Marketing - responsible for the UK direct marketing launch of the new credit reports which included a themed competition
• Team Management - Recruited, developed and ran a small team of three which had a very strong relationship with the sales teams - critical in a sales driven organisation
• Team Player - worked with an offshore IT organisation set up a self reporting charging system which paid for itself within 2 months and which will generate D&B significant revenue over the next 10 years
• Product Development - the UK version of global decisionmaker and sales development of the D&B data integration product. This product allowed us to imbed ourselves into one of the most important users of B2B credit information, the credit insurers
• Web Site Development - Managed main UK web site, which generated £40m of revenue. Delivered the overall content of the UK main site. This involved internal/external marcoms and site redesign. The main challenge was selling in at board level the move from a product based website to site that focused on customer needs
• Database Marketing - Launched an innovative service, which combined customer’s sales information with D&B B2B data and gave insight into market penetration and potential across Europe. Lead to the foundation of a completely new division in D&B in UK • the Market Insight Division
• Events, Trade Shows and PR - Responsible for the training of sales staff, production of marketing literature, lead generation program, organisation of high profile seminars, launch at International Direct Marketing Fair and PR campaign for the Market Insight product
Legal & General PLC 1987 to 1997
• Project Management - Project managed a team that developed an innovative PC based commercial insurance quotation system called RiskWriter
• Service Marketing - Computerised L&G's service performance reporting resulting in improved customer service
• Internal Comms - Launched and managed in-house audio tape and newsletter
Education Summary: Chartered Institute of Marketing Qualified