- London, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
Just finished Project Managing for Nike Sportswear - Limited Edition England Team Destroyer Jackets
An international, multi-sector, projects and events manager. Results proven creative bespoke solutions for brands including Harrods and Nike. Experienced in high level communicationmore...An international, multi-sector, projects and events manager. Results proven creative bespoke solutions for brands including Harrods and Nike. Experienced in high level communication with skills in problem solving and precise project logistics. Experience of working across the UK, Europe and Asia Pacific. Seeking next creative and diverse challenge.
Areas of expertise:
- Project Management
- Events / Conference Management
- Office / Property Management
- Relocation Services
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
- Executive Assistance / Virtual Assistance
- Travel Management
I am based in London but willing to travel within England and abroad for work.
PROJECT & EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Clearly defines success criteria and monitors progress against this in order to highlight whether a change in approach is needed
- Has sound understanding of sourcing diverse venues and negotiating favourable contracts
- Expertly selects the most appropriate production options; delivers events with efficient logistical planning
- Solution focussed. Produces risk assessments and takes effective action to mitigate
- Innovates. Harnesses ideas and best practice, in order to generate a culture of continuous improvement
- Willing to take responsibility for identifying and implementing solutions decisively
- Regularly conducts post-event analysis to maximise effectiveness and identify new opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Confident liaising with colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong negotiation ability, persuasive at conveying opportunities, gaining stakeholder buy-in’ and ensuring that contracts are favourably weighted
- Makes good use of a range of IT packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint in order to manage and present information effectively
- Takes time to appreciate and understand the perspectives of others including colleagues and external stakeholders, in order to engage and respond appropriately
- Keeps people informed. Communicates effectively and assertively, ensuring that information relayed is both relevant and accurate
- Committed to understanding fully, the needs of the organisation and its stakeholders in any given situation.
WORKING WITH OTHERS
- A natural team player with strong leadership and interpersonal skill, delegates tasks to colleagues and suppliers in an efficient and confident manner
- Quickly responds to changing priorities, identifying and implementing appropriate actions
- Diplomatic and diligent, able to competently resolve differences between others in a calm and thoughtful manner to the satisfaction of all parties
- Proven staff management ability. Acknowledges team efforts and shares success
OFFICE / PROPERTY / LOCATION MANAGEMENT
- Facilities management. Procurement
- Process engineer change and compliance. Implements cost reduction policy
- Building maintenance
- IT / Telecoms / Hi-tech - ensures all systems operate effectively. Purchases and manages implementation of all equipment and ensures all service agreements are adhered to
- Accounting assistance and budget management: banking procedures, invoicing, and reconciliations of company / production expenses
- Deals with supplier contracts on all levels
- Inventory management
- Corporate image - implements and maintains the interior design of locations and for all branded items from promotional items to headed stationery. Liaises with builders, contractors, designers and printers ensuring all deadlines are met.
- PR and advertising for business, corporate identity & branding on and off line
- Social Media
EXECUTIVE / VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE
- Diary management and travel bookings.
- Generates proposals, presentations and general correspondence.
- Organises business / personal lives.
- Duties range from organising insurances, paying bills, banking, shopping, assistance with purchase of properties and relocations.
FREELANCE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Freelance Project & Events Management
In 2009 I started Mocha Magpie Limited, in order to launch my freelance career.
Highlight clients and projects include:
Nike – Sportswear (2010, 2012 & 2013)
2013 – Following the announcement of the new England team kit, Nike created premium limited edition ‘England’ versions of two of its iconic sportswear styles – the NSW Destroyer Jacket and the Nike Air Max 1. Project managed the research, development and creation for all the embroidery customisation elements applied to all the Destroyer jackets.
2012 – Project managed an embroidery customisation project for team uniforms produced by Nike during the London Olympics.
2010 – Lead Producer for a World Cup Event: Nike Global’s London presence for the 2010 World Cup “The Nike Polo Pub at The Mortimer Arms”, Tottenham Court Road. The event ran for the duration of the World Cup month and gave football fans a venue that allowed them to socialise, view all matches on large format HD projector, enjoy live music from London DJ’s and bands and customise their very own Nike GS Polo shirt. Lead the entire project production from installation, daily event management, staff management, through to dismantle. Managed a budget of US$300,000.
The Modern Pantry & Harrods – Restaurant, Events Catering, Food Products (2010-2013)
Successful restaurant based in Farringdon London. Project managed “Chef of the Season” collaboration with Harrods. New product development. product research and development. Events management and production for our restaurant presence at Taste of London, Taste of Christmas, Feast 2012, The House of the Nobleman, The Real Wine Fair and many corporate events such as TED, Serpentine Gallery, New Zealand House and Chloe Boutique. Inventory management. Created in-house documentation, records and systems.
Gallery Fumi – Contemporary Art & Design Gallery (2009-2012)
Gallery and events management both on-site at the gallery and off-site locations (London and Sardinia). The larger projects / events of each year are preparations for the summer Gallery location in Sardinia, London Design Festival, Pad London and Frieze Art Fair. Liaise with designers and artists within London or overseas to ensure pieces are delivered on time for shows and ensures the day to day running of the galleries, events or projects are in order. Location refurbishments and event production.
metroLAB – Coworking Space (2011-2012)
This is a coworking space for start-ups, entrepreneurs and freelancers. Researched, developed and designed the business model and products. Project managed the graphic and website design and implementation. Created in-house documentation, records and systems.
Adhoc – Events & Project Management
Corporate Events, Training Days, Private Parties, Weddings. A variety of events with durations that ran from 1 day to 2 weeks.
Project manage relocations, refurbishments, interior design and preparations for film / photography
IT Skills: Advanced computer skills and good working knowledge on networks and systems.
Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Adobe
Social Media – Linked-In / Facebook / Twitter / YouTube
Project Manager / Events Manager / Office Manager / Executive Assistant