- Aberdeen, GB
- £43 /hr
- Available now
A creative marketing and communications consultancy; assisting our clients accomplish their brand goals and visions through results-focused solutions. Working closely with carefullymore...A creative marketing and communications consultancy; assisting our clients accomplish their brand goals and visions through results-focused solutions. Working closely with carefully selected designers-of-choice, we deliver a complete range of services from copywriting to website design.
Why we do it
We love nothing more than achieving tangible results and receiving positive feedback for exceptional work.
Our key motivators:
• Add value to our clients’ business offerings
• Improve upon or transform business presence
• Alleviate the pressures of corporate communications by managing and delivering our client requirements
• Achieve clear, undeniable results
• Offer the ‘personal touch’
Our clientele comprises of small, medium and large organisations, ranging from locally based family businesses to multi-national oil and gas companies.
- Communications planning/strategy development
- Brand development
- Creative internal/external communication campaigns
- Copywriting, development and design of: websites, intranets, brochure collateral, newsletters
- Event planning e.g. exhibitions, townhall meetings, client hospitality
- Media relations and press releases
- Social media
- And much more…
PREVIOUS CONTRACTS AND JOBS
Job Title: Territory Communications Manager
Company: Subsea 7
Description: Territory Communications Manager for North Sea, Mediterranean and Canada - 6 month contract role.
Work with the Territory and the UK Country Management team to develop and implement a rolling Communication strategy and implementation plan in line with the overall business objectives for the Territory.
• Work closely with Country and Territory Managers following the merger, communicating the correct messages to the public and the media.
• Develop project data sheets, client presentations, technical case studies
• Working with the Territory/Country Sales & Marketing team, develop and manage a plan for attendance at industry events, including exhibitions, sponsorships, conferences, trade fairs and client hospitality events
• Identify and develop key note speaker opportunities for senior representatives from the Territory/Country. Support development of content
• Produce direct, develop and manage the Territory/Country media relations plan to build and safeguard the company's reputation with it's various stakeholder groups including key customers, potential customers, and opinion formers in the Territory/Country
• Work closely with Country and Territory Integration Directors following the merger, to communicate effectively and empathetically, to employees and stakeholders.
• Develop an internal communications programme for the Territory/Country that promotes awareness and understanding of business activities (on and offshore)
• Develop and implement regular staff briefings and Town/Village Halls to keep staff informed of Territory/Country strategic messages
• Develop creative, engaging communication campaigns to support the business needs of functions and divisions
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Description: Responsible for marketing and communications activity across the Senergy group, comprising of Oil & Gas, Survey & GeoEngineering, Alternative Energy, Training and Software divisions.
Daily liaison with creative/digital agency on current projects, ensuring that deadlines and objectives are met.
Involvement in five acquisitions, which resulted in repositioning the brand and evolving it over time. Valuable experience in Merger & Acquisition activity gained through the development of integration strategies with the marketing team and company directors.
- Ensuring effective and accurate representation of the Senergy brand.
- Working with colleagues in the marketing team to ensure marketing and communication strategy being adhered to.
- Working closely with company directors and management teams to meet the company’s objectives through all of the above.
- External marketing communications - copy writing and overseeing design of brochures, leaflets and external newsletters.
- Corporate presentation – ensuring it remains current month by month and writing slides on new products and projects.
- Interactive presentations for events and exhibitions
- Graphical library
-Company “webmaster”. Writing content, uploading and managing content via CMS system, keeping content up to date with latest news and contract awards. Liaising with external digital/creative agency and marketing heads, establishing future strategies.
Job Title: Owner / Manager
Company: Celtic Candles
Description: Owner / Managing Director of Celtic Candles, specialising in handmade candles made with natural soya wax and 100% pure essential oils.
- Business planning and strategy
- All aspects of production from selecting fragrances to testing products. - Brand development, logo design, market positioning, web site development and growth - Supplier relations - retailers - Direct selling i.e. local markets and online.
Education Summary: 2003 - MSc Marketing
2000 - BA Retail Management
1998 - 4 SQA Highers, 7 SAQ Standard Grades
2009 How to Write for the Web - CIM
2007 Effective Selling - Internal
2006 Understanding Exploration & Production - SPE
Marketing & Communications Consultant (Freelance)
Mairi is brilliant. She was able to understand and adhere to our brief. She is an excellent communicator and always kept us informed throughout the project.
Very impressed with the quality of the rewrite.
Mairi is fast, accurate and stuck well to the brief.
High quality work, delivered on time and great to work with.
Very pleasant working with Mairi. I would hire her again.
Thanks Mairi. Really happy with the copywriting that you did for the website. It was completed on time and you regularly kept me updated with progress. I very much look forward to working with you again.
She is a great asset, takes care in addressing your needs.
Mairi is great to work with and she communicated effectively. She also delivered the tasks as agreed. Many thanks
Mairi's work was top-notch and her communication excellent. I would not hesitate to work with her again. Highly recommended. Thank you Mairi!
Mairi produced an excellent piece of work and was a pleasure to work with, will use her again
Mairi was really great and professional. She managed to put together a website review presentation within 24 hours with accuracy and depth. I would definitely recommend her and use her again for future projects.