- Barnet, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
Based in North London, Lynne Evans is an award winning Event Director with a proven ability to successfully launch, produce and manage high-profile events.
An independent eventmore...Based in North London, Lynne Evans is an award winning Event Director with a proven ability to successfully launch, produce and manage high-profile events.
An independent event services professional with over 20 years experience in launching, planning and delivering a wide range of events. Conference programme planning, high level speaker services and VIP management are of the highest calibre – most clients come via referrals.
Through the creation, direction and development of events in all shapes and sizes, Lynne is an excellent project manager with access to a pool of similar professionals should the need arise. Whatever your event requirement – even just an extra pair of hands onsite, then Lynne can be of assistance.
I also greatly enjoy typing - going back to my days of being a PA! With typing speeds of 100wpm, I welcome audio transcription, copy typing and virtual assistant work.
Area Covered: Specialities include: Budgets, forecasting and strategy; Conference production (programming); All aspects of logistics and operations; VIP Management including protocols (esp Middle East); Venue liaison; Registration and customer service; Staff managemen
Company Name: Lynne Evans Events Ltd
Industry: Event services
Job Title: Managing Director
Company: Lynne Evans Events Ltd
Description: Formed in May 2005, Lynne Evans Events Ltd is company with a wealth of experience from a variety of sectors and event industry backgrounds. The quality of service is demonstrated by the fact that all of our clients have brought us repeat business; in fact,
all new business has been developed on word of mouth marketing.
Experienced in venue sourcing; event pre-planning, reporting and project management; financial arrangements (including online payments); conference programme development; conference management and speaker services; event marketing & PR,
together with registration services.
Job Title: Event Director
Company: Turret Middle East
Description: In 2007, I joined forces with a previous colleague and launched the inaugural World Future Energy Summit. I was tasked with pulling together my “A-team” and as a result, the Summit exceeded all expectations with over 11,000 attendees from 77 countries around the world included 423 international and regional members of the press. The response the Summit was outstanding. In April 2008, we sold WFES to Reed Exhibitions, maintaining the management contract for the second summit to be held in January 2009.
Job Title: Conference Director
Company: dmg world media (uk) ltd
Description: With the purchase of EAGC in March "04, Turret already had in its sights the sale of EAGC, together with Gastech to leading exhibition and publishing company, dmg world media (uk) ltd (Daily Mail General Trust). I was asked to move with key members of the energy team to Redhill to continue running the conferences. However, after a very short period, I realised that the average 3 hour each way commute from my home in Barnet was not the best use of my time and thus took steps to set up my own consultancy business and was delighted to retain dmg as my first client.
Job Title: Conference Director
Company: Turret Group
Description: With the sale of the European Autumn Gas Conference to Turret Group in March 2004, I moved to Turret to continue running the event. Within the new company, I also took the role of Conference Director for Gastech 2006 (c.1700 conference delegates and 5000 exhibitors and visitors), and produced the most successful event at that time in terms of numbers of sessions, numbers of speakers, numbers of delegates, numbers of exhibitors and overall revenue.
Job Title: Event Director
Company: EconoMatters Ltd
Description: Appointed Head of Conferences for a commercial conference company in January 2001 to produce and manage a high quality annual programme of events within the gas industry. My aim was to maximise profitability whilst exploiting opportunities for growth. After seven months with the company, I was offered the position of Company Director with share options, which I accepted. At this time, I also acquired responsibility for the training division Alphatania, the creative services team and the HR function.
Job Title: European Training & Conference Manager
Company: Deloitte & Touche, London
Description: Responsible for the organisation and administration of international tax training and conferences for Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
· Managing a team of eight staff in the Tax Training & Events Department, ensuring each role was carried out to the best of their ability and that new events coming into the department were allocated appropriately;
· Managing a dedicated conference team for large annual events, comprising all aspects of marketing, production and event management attendance ranging from 100-1500;
· Budgetary control for the European tax services function within the worldwide firm;
· All aspects of the operations and logistics of event management (25 residential European tax training courses per annum and approximately 150 national courses). Included programme planning, speaker selection, direct liaison with all speakers and delegates, careful negotiation of terms and conditions of all event service providers (including AV companies), preparation of all marketing literature, presentational aids and conference literature, monitoring of evaluation forms and hosting evening social functions;
· Creating and developing firm "Event Standards", which sets out terms and conditions of business when dealing with event suppliers;
· Extensive European travel setting up, attending and providing on-site administration to events. Also attending as delegate to both UK and overseas meetings and conferences for research purposes.
Freelance Event Services Professional / Virtual PA / Audio Transcription / Copy Typing