My name's Luke Gray and I'm a Royal Television Society award nominated writer/director who is looking for some freelance work in-between jobs. The sitcommore...Hello there
My name's Luke Gray and I'm a Royal Television Society award nominated writer/director who is looking for some freelance work in-between jobs. The sitcom I recently co-wrote, directed and edited has received positive feedback from Ricky Gervais's agent as well as the writers of The Simpsons. If you'd like to watch it search for 'The Story of the Mimers' on Youtube or click on the links in my portfolio/CV.
I'm a friendly, confident 22 year old who last year graduated from Southampton Solent University after studying the world's first degree in Comedy. I've recently moved down to London to start a career in comedy scriptwriting, but I'm willing to do all kinds of jobs to get my foot in the door.
I haven't got years and years of experience but what I do have is a young fresh perspective on comedy, as well as a great deal of respect and admiration for the shows and comedians who have enlightened our screens for the past 50 years.
I am a creative person in all areas (Not just comedy) and have a strong interest in writing scripts for other genres such as drama.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: Nov. 2010 – Dec. 2010 ‘Rick & Peter’ – Channel 4 comedy pilot – Eleven Film
• Filmed rehearsals
• Transcribed rehearsal footage into script format
• Produced the props, cast and location lists.
• Researched future formats for the production company.
Oct. 2009 – May 2010 ‘The Story of the Mimers’ – Spoof documentary
• Directing film crew and actors on location.
• Co-writing a 70 minute script and editing it down to 50.
• Filming various shots in documentary style.
• Editing to a professional standard.
• Nominated for a Royal Television Society award.
May 2009 – July 2009 ‘Inception’ – Warner Bros. Film
• Building and constructing sets.
• Light fabrication metal work.
March 2008 – ‘The Russell Brand Show’ – BBC Radio 2 show
Comedy Jingle Writer/Editor
• Learning and using audio software such as Audacity.
• Producing work to a professional standard.
• Having my work played to over 200,000 worldwide listeners.
Summary: I studied the first ever full time university degree focused entirely on comedy. During my 3 years I gained much experience over several fields. In the first year I studied stand up comedy and performed in several clubs in England and Germany. In the 2nd year I had to writer and produce two comedy radio shows, a radio sketch show and a radio sitcom (Both awarded firsts). In the third year I had to write, produce, film and edit my own own sitcom which has recently been nominated for a Royal Television Society award. Throughout my 3 years on the course I have also had to produce many academic studies and essays on the history and structure of comedy.
Degree: Second Class Honours (2:1)
Field of Study: BA (Hons) Comedy: Writing & Performance
University / College: Southampton Solent University