- London, GB
- £10 /hr
- Available now
I can offer excellent copywriting, editing, proof reading, design and typing services based on four years\' experience in editorial and production roles in book publishing.more...I can offer excellent copywriting, editing, proof reading, design and typing services based on four years\' experience in editorial and production roles in book publishing. In my current job I typeset, edit and proof read books, write copy for back covers, catalogues, press releases and adverts, design book covers, catalogues, posters, leaflets and adverts.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: March 2009 - Present: Production Editor, Play Publisher
- Typesetting, editing and proof reading plays
- Liaising with printers over cost and schedule
- Website work: updating entries and advertising events/ features
- Design: book covers, catalogues, advertisements, leaflets and posters.
- Copywriting: back cover copy, advertisements, website, leaflets and posters.
November 2007 - March 2009: Editorial Controller, Giftbook Publisher
- Project managing the editorial process and ensuring an efficient work flow in order to send books to print in budget and to schedule.
- Repro: outsourcing artwork scanning and wet proofing, formatting Word documents for typesetting, laying out words and illustrations in Quark, producing contract proofs in-house for printer colour reference.
- Proofreading and checking colour proofs and ozalids, making corrections in Quark.
- Organising picture database on IPhoto and Access database of quotations; adding keywords for search facility
November 2006 - November 2007: Production Assistant, Lifestyle Publisher
- Project managing new titles and reprints for lifestyle and childrenâï¿½ï¿½s books. Costing, scheduling and organising the repro, typesetting, printing and shipping processes for trade and co-edition foreign language customers.
- Holding weekly production meetings with editorial, design and sales departments.
- Checking and correcting proofs for colour accuracy.
Education Summary: Education - 10 GCSEs, 4 A Levels, BA hons. English Literature and Latin (University of Durham)
Introduction to Photoshop CS3
Introduction to Indesign CS3
Colour separation seminar
Realising Your Potential Assertiveness Training (4 day residential course with consultancy Life Directions)