- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am Brazilian, son of Italian descent. My father was my mother and industrial artist / educator. I was born in a family interested in various subjects. During my adolescence mymore...I am Brazilian, son of Italian descent. My father was my mother and industrial artist / educator. I was born in a family interested in various subjects. During my adolescence my main passion was music. I started early to devote the first chords on the guitar. After the majority, I started getting interested in different subjects, both for three years I attended the course in mechanical engineering at one of the best universities in Brazil (UFRGS). Why not feel identification with the profession, decided to change course and enter the journalism school, where I got my diploma at the same university. I worked as a journalist of agricultural economies in Brazil for six years, covering events, reporting daily market commodity and monitoring the evolution of sectors such as energy, sugar, coffee, soybeans, ethanol and also the pockets of New York, Chicago, London and Sao Paul. After this period, I lived in New Zealand, Italy and currently live in London. I worked in catering companies, media and eventualment work in some market research. I am currently a member of a team of customer service at Swiss Post Solutions, a company linked to the WPP group of services and mail delivery. I work freelance in a research project, especially related to the Brazilian and Portuguese. I took courses on financial market and last year realized a course at the London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) financial market, trading and analysis. I am fluent in Portuguese, Italian and English and this year I want to enroll in International Relations and Global Change at the University of Westminster. I am not married and have kids.
Area Covered: Journalism, Media, Sales, Market Research and Translation
Work Experience Summary:
UNITED OF KINGDOM
ORC INTERNATIONAL, SEPTEMBER 2010 – DATE (Part-time)
Market Researcher – Portuguese and Italian Projects
* Conduct a survey on behalf of New Technology Insurance (NTI) about mobile phones and laptops insurance.
LISTA BRASIL, JULY 2010 – DATE (Part-time)
Social Media / Sales
* Expand the issues contacting companies online, personal and by phone
* New Business and market research
* Planning of website maintaining and executing day to day blog duties as copy-editing
* Coordinate publishing, marketing, publishing partners
* Contribute and execute new ideas for the social media program, to help improve consumer and media experience
SWISS POST SOLUTIONS LTD, JANUARY 2010 – DATE
* Dealings with clients and costumers proactively representing MailSource, working in customer service.
* Making online and by phone courier booking and invoices.
* Processing of archive files and tracking signature movements by IT system.
* Upgrade of the database system
BAXTER STOREY, MARCH – DECEMBER 2009
* Cashier Retails
* Costumer Service (ordering and serving confectionary and condiments)
* Stock taking
JUNGLE DRUMS MAGAZINE, APRIL – DECEMBER 2009
Journalist and reporters (part-time)
* Wrote articles about Latin American lifestyle in London
* Reporting the news from gig, concerts, exhibitions where I used to write down reviews
* Interviews with artists in London and from Latin American
* Reviews about CDs and DVDs
TOPSY TURVY, JULY – DECEMBER 2006
* Working in a concept of team with kids, using the flexibility skills to act in the different sections of the company (office, coffee shop and leisure centre).
KOFLER PAULANER, Verona, FEBRUARY – DECEMBER 2007
Manager Assistant (evening shift)
* Development and creation flyers for a promotional announces and financial assistance.
EASTPACK Ltd, Tepuke APRIL - July 2006
* Supervisor: Horticulture company responsible for the packing fruits in New Zealand. Controlling of the staffs, stock taking and publishing .
- SAFRAS & MERCADO, Porto Alegre/Sao Paulo APRIL 2000 – NOVEMBER 2005
Journalist and reporter of the main Brazilian agency news on agribusiness market
* Coverage of trade markets in soft commodities from NY and London (NYSE/LIFFE). Prices displayed, updated on real or delay time, comments of all futures contracts in Brazilian and international commodity exchanges
* Daily analyses of trades of physical market, taken from the main regions of production and trade in Brazil. Weekly analyses with specialized information, market trends and crop forecasts, both from Brazil and countries that trade the commodity. Indexes including the financial one.
* Use of technology solutions, streamline information systems optimize communications software and to keep leading competitive development of market news.
- CASA DAS GAXETAS LTD, Porto Alegre, FEBRUARY 1996 - APRIL 2000
* Retails, customer service, brand, trading assistant manager, responsible for managing and trading a range of products.
Education Summary: Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)
Bachelor in Journalism