- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
French-English and German-English translation; any subject matter.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: Translation of documents, ranging from financial and legal throughmore...French-English and German-English translation; any subject matter.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: Translation of documents, ranging from financial and legal through to film scripts and production notes: French and German into English, English into French and German.
Extensive daily use of French and German in all verbal and written communication covering a French and Swiss client base in an investment bank.
• CONTEXT: Working in a linguistically diverse and highly pressurised environment of an investment bank, providing native language speaker support to a French and Swiss client base. Took a client base historically covered predominantly in English and transformed it to one where all client meetings and communication were conducted exclusively in French and German. Undertook multiple internal translation projects within and outside of specialist area to facilitate smooth running of the business. Ongoing translation freelance for film and media companies.
• BACKGROUND: Course at Bristol University comprised a significant translation component and have actively pursued translation opportunities since. Having studied French and German for over 23 years, lived and worked in both countries, speak and write both languages to native speaker level and have consistently targeted multi-lingual working environments to maximise possibilities for daily verbal and written usage of both languages.
- IMS Media (Sept 2009):
Translation for voiceover of travel documentaries French-English.
- Pathé Productions (2007-ongoing):
Translation of documents from French-English (4,000-14,000 words), including:
- film script of M. Karlsson (A. Astier)
- production notes to accompany cinema release of The Fox and The Child’ (Luc Jacquet)
- production notes to accompany cinema release of Welcome to the Land of the Sh\'tis’ (Dany Boon)
- Fox Interactive Media (2006-2007):
Translation of legal documents from German-English.
- Goldman Sachs International (2000-2009):
Translation of documents from French and German to English, English to French and German, including:
- article from English to French published in Banque Magazine’ on European Commercial Paper Market
- articles from financial publications from English to German for internal use
- legal documents to ascertain eligibility of clients to trade with the bank
- minutes from client meetings for firmwide distribution
- communication from clients regarding financial claims made for late trade settlement
- conference and roadshow agendas
Education Summary: University of Bristol, BA Hons. Modern Languages, French and German, 2:1 (with a distinction in German oral).