- Sheffield, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
Bright, straightforward, a hands-on project manager with over 7 years PM web and application development background.
• Experience in agencies and large corporate environmentmore...Bright, straightforward, a hands-on project manager with over 7 years PM web and application development background.
• Experience in agencies and large corporate environment (due to acquisition).
• Project management across the entire development life cycle from qualifying to completion. Pragmatic application of agile, lean and traditional approaches (including Scrum and PRINCE2)
• Never afraid to ask for explanation so that Technical details can be translated in to client facing language. If I don’t understand it, how will the client?
• Flexible, tenacious, patient and committed.
Once I gained my Prince 2 qualification the levels of projects I was able to manage increased significantly in budget, time and man power. My first large project was handed to me in a somewhat dishevelled state – an amalgamation of Prince 2 and SCRUM, budgetary issues and a client without clear direction attempting to work at a granular level. After much effort expended on the companies behalf, using the documentation, budget management, risk assessments and daily logs I took steps to advise that the project was not sustainable and the company I was working for should extradite themselves. The company chose to follow the recommended action and the project was halted. After that I was entrusted above others to manage often more challenging projects because of my honesty and management style.
When my previous company reached a certain size and were absorbed in to Capita, I decided that the opportunities available to me were no longer appealing. I missed working in a smaller agency where a team really becomes more of a family, and your personal investment in to the company becomes more fuelled. As such I joined a smaller company as Head of Production to extend my skills and really try to help develop the business. This in itself offered new challenges and re-ignited my passion for project management once more. I have relished the opportunity to see the difference that my involvement has brought to the company and team.
Now, I am looking to take those skills and build a solid network that can provide new and stimulating challenges for me to get stuck in to.
Digital Project Manager