- Dunfermline, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
I have worked in the clothing industry for 26 years as a designer and pattern cutter of ladieswear, childrenswear and menswear. I have spent most of my career working full timemore...I have worked in the clothing industry for 26 years as a designer and pattern cutter of ladieswear, childrenswear and menswear. I have spent most of my career working full time for suppliers to Marks and Spencers.
I have a broad knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods. I communicate well and I'm used to problem solving and offering best method solutions to the usual dilemmas often associated with garment manufacturing.
I successfully work remotely with companies in London and other areas of the UK.
I am open to travelling for occasional visits to help the communication process.
I am happy to look at one off projects or larger long term working relationships.
Please visit my website www.pattern-cutter.co.uk
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Area Covered: Anywhere. Designs can be sent to me by email and I can post patterns to recipient on a next day delivery, pre 9am if necessary. Garments can be sent to me by post to work from also.
Summary: Freelance Pattern Cutting and Designing March '07 – Present
– MIG Pattern Cutting Services, London.
- Various Students
– Lojigma, Corporate Wear, Dalgety Bay. Paramedic High Visibility suits, medical wear and mountainwear.
– More UK, Leeds. Ladieswear highstreet clothing.
– Nena models Ladieswear, Marks and Spencer.
– Independent designer – Iona Crawford.
Commercial Design Manager April 2010 – Feb 2011
NKD Clothing LTD
Ladies and menswear.
Supplier of corporatewear and staff uniforms mostly to Hotel and financial sectors.
Scottish Antiques and Art Centre Abernyte, Perthshire March '07 –April 2010
Designer And Product Development Manager Jan '99 – Jan '99
Ladieswear supplier to Marks and Spencer. Dunfermline, Fife.
Designer, Pattern Cutter, Grader
Lindsay Allen Ltd. May '97 – Jan '99
Ladies and childrenswear party plan manufacturer.
Designer And Pattern Cutter
Nena Models Ltd. Feb '97-May'97
Ladieswear supplier to Next, Dunnes, Dorothy Perkins and Littlewoods.
Designer And Pattern Cutter
Hollas Group. Apr '96 - Feb '97
Ladies and childrenswear supplier to Next, Dorothy Perkins, BHS, Littlewoods, Hawkshead and Savacentre,
Designer and Pattern cutter
Bentwood Ltd. Ladieswear supplier to Marks & Spencer. Oct '92 – Apr' 96
Assistant Designer and Pattern Cutter
Job Title: Designer/pattern cutter/technologist
Description: Garment Construction and Pattern cutting.
– Creating technical sketches either manually or by computer.
– Compiling technical data and 'make up' methods required for factories or pattern cutters.
– Working closely with designers in interpreting their designs to a high technical standard.
– Size charts for concept and graded garments. Pattern Cutting From Description, Sketch to Garments
– 18 years experience creating first patterns for high street stores, mainly Marks & Spencer. Manually or computerised. Experienced in Lectra.
– Manual and computerised lay planning for the purposes of costing garments.
– Grading patterns manually or by computer. Comparative Shopping In U.K. And Abroad
– Designing clothing ranges following a brief set by large high street retailers such as Marks & Spencer and Next; comprising new seasonal colour palettes and style features.
– Sourcing new fabrics and trims.
– Presenting new seasonal design sketches accompanied by fabric swatch.
– Presenting weekly or seasonal concept garments as either individual garments or large presentations.
– Extensive technical knowledge of fabrics, printing, embroidering and pleating methods.
– Working closely with fabric technologists to troubleshoot shrinkage, seam slippage and printing issues.
– Introducing allowances into pattern cutting, lay planning, and manufacturing allowing for fabric inconsistencies.
– Troubleshooting U.K. and overseas production.
– Sending patterns, technical drawings and data via e-mail, videoconference or telephone. Managing Production Critical Path
– Managing and prioritising design room workload to reflect production deadlines.
– Working closely with planners, buyers, suppliers and customers to ensure fabric and trim approvals meet production deliveries.
Job Title: Designer and pattern Cutter
Company: Studio 104
Description: I designed a range of corporate clothing for Jane.
Degree: BTEC National Diploma
Field of Study: Fashion and Textiles
University / College: Rochdale College
Highly Experienced Designer and Pattern Cutter
Lisa was a fantastic find! Great communication, lovely skills and expertise! Would recommend to anyone and will definitely like to work with again!
Lisa was excellent. She is experienced, creative and well connected. She went above and beyond what she was asked to do. I will definitely be working with her again.
No result found