- London, GB
- £32 /hr
- Available now
I am a senior women's footwear designer, experienced in development from original concept to final sample, working closely with factories, buying teams and suppliers to achievemore...I am a senior women's footwear designer, experienced in development from original concept to final sample, working closely with factories, buying teams and suppliers to achieve great styles across a variety of footwear types.
My market knowledge covers brands, private label for the UK high-street (supplier plus in-house for a retailer) and luxury. I have designed with leather and synthetic materials, liaising with factories in Europe, the Far East, India and Brazil.
One of my strengths is translating directional inspiration and current trends into commercial product relevant to a client's DNA and pricing structure while providing unique ideas. I am accustomed to working at a fast pace while producing high quality work.
My key skills and services offered include -
- Hand drawing and CAD
- Creative illustration
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign & Acrobat proficient
- 3D experimentation
- Concept and trend research
- technical knowledge of shoe design
- Design specifications / tech packs
- Kit / construction development
- Applying brand identity when designing
- Sourcing materials and trims
- Range planning entire collections
- International factory visits and liaison
- Trade show attendance
- Design team management & training
- Buyer / supplier / licensee / internal liaison
- Design critical path coordination
- Reviewing & reacting to sales with relevant designs
Senior Freelance Footwear Designer, Illustrator & Design Consultant
It was a lovely experience working with Leslyn. Great ideas, great concepts. Looking forward to working with her again..
It was great working with Leslyn. She gave me exactly what I was looking for i.e. stylish and trendy. Great Work!!
Thanks Pratim! It's been great working with you so far and I'm looking forward to developing the project further.