- London, GB
- £10 /hr
- Available now
Enthusiastic and skilled broadcast journalist and voiceover artist - trained in radio, TV and online journalism. I've previous experience working with BBC London, ABC News,more...Enthusiastic and skilled broadcast journalist and voiceover artist - trained in radio, TV and online journalism. I've previous experience working with BBC London, ABC News, BBC Radio Nottingham, Channel 4 and Time 107.5FM.
I am fully trained in Final Cut Pro, Quick Edit Pro, Radioman, Burli, CMS and iPrompt.
A graduate of the Postgraduate Broadcast Journalism Course at the London College of Communication. Accredited by the BJTC. The course covered media law, news writing for TV and radio, online journalism, digital editing, radio studio operation, programme production, shorthand, politics, voice coaching and interviewing skills.
Area Covered: Broadcast News
Job Title: Broadcast Journalist (Freelance)
Company: BBC Radio Nottingham
Description: • Creating and editing radio packages for broadcast during Breakfast and DriveTime shows.
• Writing copy and finding audio clips for news bulletins.
• Finding, researching and developing news stories/features.
• Finding live guests/contributors for emerging news stories & on-air debates.
• Using social media to involve the audience and promote BBC Radio Nottingham stories.
• Full knowledge of BBC Editorial Guidelines.
Job Title: Researcher Royal Wedding
Company: ABC News
Description: • Writing the script and cue cards for Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyers ahead of Royal Wedding coverage.
• Researching details of Royal Family history, the Middlleton family history and British traditions.
• Rehearsing script using the autocue.
• Setting up lighting and cameras ahead of live and outdoor broadcasts.
• Using social media including twitter to liaise with audience regarding the event.
• Additional work for Royal Wedding build-up for Good Morning America and World News with Diane Sawyer.
Job Title: Trainee Broadcast Journalist (Part Time)
Company: BBC London
Description: • Creating radio packages and online material as part of London Olympic 2012 project.
• Assisting with the running of the Vanessa Feltz show and the Breakfast Show with Gabby Roslin and Paul Ross.
• Filming training with Z1 cameras and A1 cameras
• Conducting research relevant to upcoming features.
• Answering calls, preparing contributors for going on air and archiving caller details.
• Sorting through texts, email, tweets, facebook messages etc.
Job Title: Runner
Company: BBC News and Current Affairs
Description: • Working on the production of "Young, Jobless and Living at Home"
• Assisting with filming and setting up and taking down of filming equipment.
• Programme related research and general administrative work.
Degree: Postgraduate Diploma
Field of Study: Broadcast Journalism
University / College: London College of Communication
Degree: BSc (Hons) Psychology
Field of Study: Psychology
University / College: University of Nottingham
Broadcast Journalist / Voiceover Artist