- Brooklyn, NY, US
- £40 /hr
- Available now
High level results-oriented Information Technologies and Systems Integration professional with experience defining requirements and work-flow analysis. Experience developing, managingmore...High level results-oriented Information Technologies and Systems Integration professional with experience defining requirements and work-flow analysis. Experience developing, managing and implementing large scale multi-phase projects involving centralized and distributed, web based systems in a variety of sectors. Strong analytical and multi-industry background with a proven record to direct creative, highly energized, focused teams. Excellent ability to communicate at all employee levels across multiple functions.
Area Covered: NY
Job Title: Technology Director
Description: Direct Information Technology operations within $250 million company providing product fulfillment for e-commerce sites and direct to consumer. Oversee network administration, desktop support, application development, telecommunications and production operations. Supervise efforts of CRM, Business Intelligence and back office systems. Negotiate vendor contracts, responsible for planning, documenting and implementing disaster recovery and offsite backup.
• Manage in-house IT staff and outsourced staff in the design, implementation, development and support of the company e-commerce websites, intranet and internal web applications, including support of 150 employees.
• Maintain existing and implement new product data feeds to various sales channels using EC2.
• Improved network security by adding URL filtering and firewall rules, reducing network security related issues. Implemented Mcafee Secure website monitoring to help troubleshoot, identify and quickly resolve website security vulnerabilities. Responsible for maintenance, security, backup and disaster recovery of servers.
• Instituted project management guidelines for the organization resulting in an increase of project success within projected time and budget.
• Administration and design of MS-SQL, MYSQL relational databases and IIS servers, designing custom application to meet the growing needs of the company.
• Migrated company email servers from Kerio Connect to Microsoft Exchange allowing for better collaboration with companies existing Microsoft software and increasing mail server availability.
• Led effort to increase wholesale and government bids division by building the tools and business logic to allow the company to compete successfully.
• Improved inventory control by developing and implementing an asset tracking process.
• Designed and executed VMWare environment of virtual servers and workstations for second warehouse location.
• Use Google Analytics to monitor web traffic, marketing and campaigns.
• Experience with logistics and shipping software including UPS Worldship, Connectship, Endicia and Dazzle shipping software.
• Manage Active Directory and related technologies DHCP, DNS, GPO, TCP/IP.
• Completed migration to Sonicwall firewalls, establishing site to site VPN between three locations.
• Implemented Sharepoint Foundation 2010 enhancing user collaboration.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Description: Managed large scale technology projects composed of global development teams using accepted project management procedures to increase productivity and meet deadlines.
• Managed project life cycle from inception through testing and implementation of large-scale web based software for investment banking clients.
• Remote and hands-on support for clients.
• Provided QA diagnosing, reporting, tracking and assist in issue resolution for client applications.
• Worked with tight schedules, fixed deadlines and limited resources to meet client needs.
• Maintained updated and complete project documentation and source code in SourceSafe.
• Held regular meetings with clients, stakeholders and third-party technology vendors. Negotiated contracts with vendors and suppliers to ensure quality of service and budget.
• Planned and executed Bloomberg terminal roll-out for clients.
• Provided input and recommendations for best practices on business continuity, co-location and disaster recovery. Documented business impact and audit procedures.
• Evaluated and made recommendations on the purchase of hardware and software for the enterprise.
Job Title: Technology Project Manager
Description: • Worked with business Analysts and developers to customize and implement web applications for worldwide investment banking clients. Assisted with customized client reports and data feeds.
• Coordinated database and website development, design and tested team efforts through QA testing and issue tracking.
• Met with top tier investment banking clients at every project phase from initiation to implementation and support.
• Managed development and implementation of FINRA (formerly NASDR)- Corporate Business Regulatory Analysis system. Provided critically needed cooperation and discipline, instituted project planning, status reporting, and accountability.
• Created and updated technical documentation for potential and existing clients.
• Instituted internal knowledge-base to assist analysts with troubleshooting client issues more quickly and efficiently.
• Business continuity and disaster recovery planning. Negotiated service level agreements with various key suppliers. Documented business impact, risk analysis, disaster recovery policies and audit procedures.
• Created custom msi packages to distribute to client base.
Field of Study: Computer Science
University / College: Brooklyn College
Degree: Project Management Certificate
Field of Study: PMP
University / College: NYU
Technology Project Manger