- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
• A motivated entrepreneur with 10 years experience in the payments, banking and e-Commerce sectors.
• Demonstrable design and delivery experience coupled with the ability tomore...• A motivated entrepreneur with 10 years experience in the payments, banking and e-Commerce sectors.
• Demonstrable design and delivery experience coupled with the ability to balance creativity and bottom line business needs.
• Proven customer focussed approach to development
Area Covered: Marketing, Finance, IT and innovation
Job Title: Senior Global Propositions Manager
Description: • Led the development of a number of cross category / service propositions targeted to specific customer segments across Barclays Retail Bank working with senior business leaders in the Current Accounts, Savings, Loans, Insurance, Business Banking and Channel teams.
• Developed the Digital Channel marketing plan designed to accelerate adoption of Barclays three core digital services (Online Banking, SMS and mobile) amongst its existing customer base through a targeted marketing campaign leveraging attitudinal and behavioural insight.
• Used customer led research techniques to generate, prioritise and commission a fresh Business Banking proposition which will be delivered to new customers in 2011 and is designed to balance the commercial realities and strategic goals with the core customer needs identified in research.
• Led a tactical retention workstream for the Home Insurance category which provided a number of short and medium term concepts to lower attrition and increase stickiness with policy holders.
Job Title: Head of new product development – online payments
Description: • Managed the launch and rollout of Barclaycard"s new European payment gateway: SmartPay. Responsibilities held include: contract development and negotiation with partner and in-house cross-functional team; production of product definition, product roadmap, standard sales collateral and training; management of competing country specific requirements and sensitivities; presented to over 50 major e-commerce merchants across Europe both at events and sales visits; managed a pre-launch pilot which generated early additional income of over £1m with feedback forming the basis of the product roadmap.
• Creative conception, development and launch of Barclaycard"s first non-core payment proposition, a web 2.0 electronic invoicing product targeted at the "prosumer" and SME segments in partnership with a small online accounting provider: KashFlow.
• Identified opportunity with start-up telephony payments specialist Semafone and led rapid development of a commercial partnership which was completed in less than 9 months and is forecast to generate £9m in value over 5 years.
• Developed and delivered the “Simply ePDQ campaign”, a pricing initiative designed to enable Barclaycard to compete with low-cost payment gateway competitors and generated income of over £500,000 in its first year and estimated to deliver £6m in value over 5 years.
• Worked closely with a number of payment/card schemes to identify mutually beneficial opportunities resulting in the opportunity to participate in a Visa funded pilot and an opportunity to deliver online advertising with MasterCard.
• Management and coaching of a number of junior staff both in a line-management context and as part of a formal mentoring programme.
• Supplier management of the contracted technology provider for Barclaycard"s 3DSecure service with significant focus given to performance, resilience and future strategic delivery options.
Degree: Computer Science
Field of Study: Computer Science
University / College: University of Exeter
Field of Study: Business
University / College: Imperial College London
Propositions and Ecommerce expert