- Liverpool, GB
- £31.25 /hr
- Available now
I have worked in the events industry for the past 10 years producing and delivering a range of high profile events from venue re-opening ceremonies, to conferences, royal visits,more...I have worked in the events industry for the past 10 years producing and delivering a range of high profile events from venue re-opening ceremonies, to conferences, royal visits, corporate hospitality and awards ceremonies; through to the creation and delivery of art and public events such as a youth culture event \'HUB\' and \'City of Light Son et Lumiere\' both of which have won national awards.
I have also created and managed many corporate events such as VIP Launches in the House of Commons, LADT awards series, the opening of \'Sea Liverpool\', 08 Business Connect Breakfast Briefings along with the Grand National Awards Dinner (televised live on BBC 2), Fundraising Gala Dinners and Liverpool\'s New Year\'s celebration events.
I pride myself in ensuring all events run seamlessly; guaranteeing the visitor experience on either a large or small scale; is of the highest standard.
Area Covered: International
Work Experience Summary: - Created and managed Airbus Airshow and Family Day 2009
- Produced the Opening Ceremony for the World Fire Fighter Games 2008 in the Liverpool Arena
- Organising Conferences, Awards / Gala Dinners, Exhibitions & Training Seminars for Major blue-chip companies including Bristol Myers Squibb, Airbus, T-Mobile, Manchester Airport, Amey, Linde Material Handling & Palmer & Harvey.
- Creation, presentation & delivery of a range of corporate hospitality packages from sport experiences, concerts & activity days to once in a life time exclusive bespoke packages such as Istanbul Formula 1 race packages including meeting the drivers to Aurora Borealis experiences including accommodation at the Ice Hotel, husky & reindeer sleigh rides, ice driving & nature treks.
- Management and delivery of community art projects varying from turning a childrens artwork competition into large format building projection to community parades and public art installations.
- Organisation of team building and family fun day activities.
- Experienced in all areas of event management including site management, technical production, operational management and traffic management systems.
- Creation and amendment of PowerPoint presentations.
- Show calling.
- Post event reporting and event debriefing.
- Financial planning and management.
- Responsible for the day to day management of an in house team of 3 direct reports & management of multi disciplined teams of up to 250 in all aspects of event management from production, site & operational.
- Managing a team has highlighted specific strengths possessed in effective management including; instilling a strong work ethic in those within the team, creating a sense of pride in the work we produce as a team, seeing new staff progress to effectively deliver their own projects whilst gaining greater confidence.
- Possessing a coaching management style with a mixture of direction & supportive elements.
- Developed an effective delivery team by encouraging personal growth & development; providing members of the team with NEBOSH training, SIA qualifications, they are now personal licence holders. Working with each individual team member in devising a personal development plan involving specific courses & on the job training; supported by the structure of specific systems & procedures. Resulting in a team of the highest professional quality exceeding all expectations.
- Effective delivery of the events programme prove meticulous planning & organisational skills, including financial planning, budget compilation & monitoring; effectively managing a budget in excess of Â£1.5million & resource management along with critical path planning & operational management creating a structured approach to workload.
- Successfully delivering world class events exceeding customer expectations.
- Responsible for modifying & updating event management operational systems.
- Delivered biannual event City of Light a multi-media son et lumiere. Achieving national private sector Silver award at the Event Magazine awards 2004 & 2005.
- Instrumental in the re-construction of the Mersey River Festival, re-positioning the audience profile by tailoring the event to a broader appeal & increasing the program of activities by 200% by introducing a stage, childrens activity zone, water based participation activities, art & craft workshops & a continental market. Changing the site layout reduced overcrowding at previous pinch points. Saving Â£300k on previous years event.
- Originating, designing & producing a number of high profile events for the city such as HUB Festival, the Mathew Street Music Festival, City of Light waterscreen son et lumiere, Maritime Heritage Events, New Year firework celebrations & the citys Christmas Lights Switch-On, Re-Opening of St Georges Hall, Royal Visits, Sponsorship Launch Events, State of the City Debate Series & Millennium Celebration Launch conferences, Business Liverpool exhibitions, Press Launches and Themed Year Launches.
- Whilst managing events for clients such as Honda (Formula 4-Stroke Power Boat Race Series), National Museums Liverpool (Re-Opening of Walker Art Gallery), Chinese Community (Chinese New Year) & Liverpool Football Club (2001, 5 & 6 homecoming parades).
- Organising numerous corporate hospitality events associated with the main events; liaising with senior officials for large blue chip companies such as Alliance & Leicester & United Utilities devising launch events & stunts to highlight their involvement with the Culture Company.
- Working with the newly appointed Team Manager to develop operational systems & procedures for the management of events from their concept through to delivery including budget monitoring systems. Devising an electronic based system to match a hard version, enabling greater ease for sourcing information, improving efficiency within the team by providing a structured single system approach.
- Created & produced the Grand National Awards Dinner broadcast live on BBC2. Co-ordinating all logistics such as AV, set design, room layout, stage management, entertainment, creation of a paddock area at the entrance to the venue showcasing some previous Grand National winners. Arranging catering, managing security staff.
- Production of a number of \'State of the City\' debates reporting directly to the Chief Executive & the Leader of the City Council.
- Created a unique event (HUB Festival) for a specific target audience youth market 13-18 years. Spoke to the target audience group to discover their interests & new developments in entertainment; devising an event specifically for this group. The event has grown & continues to do so making it the 2nd largest event the city stages in just 6 years. Winning Bronze for Best Public Event at the ITMA awards 2005.
- Co-ordinated the Liverpool section of BBC Music Live in 2002 including the co-ordination of a live musical link up throughout the UK. Designed a family event around this with local community musical performers, street theatre, games & activities along with the co-ordination of all site, technical & operational infrastructure & staff.
- Organisation of a number of varying large outdoor events such as waterscreen shows, concerts, parades, urban sports festival, firework displays & large scale building projection to name a few.
- Responsible for setting-up a team to deliver the annual Architecture award ceremonies. Managing all staff, catering, AV equipment, registration, seating arrangements, flowers, & awards, creation of video acceptances, stage management & entertainment.
- Co-ordinated a national & international media conference to showcase Liverpools Millennium projects. This included a multi media presentation along with a specially commissioned art piece to highlight the main feature of the project; a waterscreen show accompanied by elements such as large scale building projection, searchlights, & architectural lighting were also included. Successfully managed the co-ordination of all elements of the show along with the requirements of the media such as interviews & presentations. This event was attended by both the UK & international media groups.
- Managed a childrens artwork competition involving every infant & junior school within Liverpool. Co-ordinating a panel of leading art professionals to judge & arranged for the 300 winning entries to be projected onto the buildings around the Albert Dock complex.
- Liaised with each authority along the River Mersey to co-ordinate a project with each region as part of the River of Light programme.
- Organised numerous training seminars for between 100-1000 staff.
- Creating all PowerPoint presentations & training manuals.
- Reporting directly to Executive Officers.
- Designing family fun days & team building exercises. Organised catering, activities & transport provisions.
Education Summary: CAD - Liverpool Community College - Current
Wirral College - Nebosh General Certificate - 2006
Tandem Training Systems - SIA Door Supervisors Badge - 2005
Emergency Planning College - Crowd Management in Arenas - 2003
Emergency Planning College - Crowd Dynamics - 2002
Emergency Planning College - Crowd Management at Outdoor Events & Festivals - 2003
Symonds Group - Health & Safety at Outdoor Festivals - 2003
Senn Delaney - Senior Management Development Course - 2003
ILAM - Risk Assessment - 2002
Trimarc - Photoshop Training - 2003
Total Warehouse Industrial Safety Training - Forklift Truck Licence - 2002
Liverpool City Council - Recruitment & Selection Training - 2002
Diversity International - Diversity & Cultural Awareness Workshop - 2005
NWDA - Disability Equality Action Training - 2005
Events Manager, Producer