- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I'm a versatile and creative AP/Director with experience of casting, shooting, directing and scripting for factual, documentary, children's and eucational programmesmore...I'm a versatile and creative AP/Director with experience of casting, shooting, directing and scripting for factual, documentary, children's and eucational programmes as well as producing/directing visually engaging videos for the web and corporate clients.
For TV I've worked across Children's (BAFTA winning Serious Explorers), Factual Entertainment (Dragons' Den), Entertainment (Brainiac:Science Abuse) and Educational genres (BBC Blast) for the BBC, ITV and Sky1.
For the web I've produced and directed over 40 videos for BBC Blast - a large creative learning project for teenagers, as well as promos for Morrison's, Sony Ericsson and Shell.
With a solid background in TV and experience of managing a video production team for high end web video I have an excellent track record of originating ideas and seeing them through from script to screen.
I pride myself in consistently turning out quality content with high production values on all platforms often with limited budgets, time and resources.
Please feel free to drop me a line if anything interests you. I'm currently available and looking for new projects.
Area Covered: London, S.East
Work Experience Summary: CORPORATE PROMOS for Shell, Sony Ericsson, Fred Perry, Visa, Institution of Environmental Sciences,
Serious Explorers: Sir Walter Raleigh - BBC , United Kingdom
2010 - Assistant Producer (Self-shooting)
• Casting and shooting AP on this multi BAFTA winning documentary series sending 8 teenagers across South America. Self-shot the auditions and interviews on a Sony EX-1.
• Overseeing the whole casting process including personally visiting 23 schools and auditioning over 550 teenagers as well as setting up logistics for 5 large regional auditions and a final filmed casting weekend.
Farm Camp, CITV (10x30mins) - Handle and Spout , United Kingdom
2009 - Assistant Producer (Self-shooting)
• Worked as a casting and shooting AP for a production which we turned around in just 8 weeks.
• Responsible for casting the 9 children from diverse backgrounds that starred in the series and set up many stories for the show.
• Self-shot and produced 2 corporate videos for the Morissons website.
BBC Blast - BBC , United Kingdom
2009 - Producer/Director
• I managed a small video production team and a budget of over £70k for a teenage creative learning website which attracts 500,000 unique users a month.
• Produced over 30 interview based and behind the scenes doc style videos for the Blast site.
Dragons' Den, BBC2 - Series 3 and 5 (9x30min) - BBC , United Kingdom
2007 - Researcher
• Phone interview and face to face castings with entrepreneurs.
• Prepped entrepreneurs for filming including carrying out extensive checks on their businesses
• Built relationships with a wide range of business entrepreneur related organisations.
Blast Film Festival, BBC2 (4x1hr) - BBC , United Kingdom
2007 - Researcher
• Originated and developed the format for 4x1 hour programmes showcasing the work of 13-24
year old filmmakers.
• Set up and Directed film masterclasses with industry professionals.
• Managed over 500 film entries from teenagers.
• Shot 2nd camera on every shoot. (Z1)
CBBC Entertainment Development - BBC , United Kingdom
2007 - Development Researcher
• Worked in a small team to develop original and exciting entertainment format ideas for CBBC.
• Responsible for setting up shoots including those using hidden cameras for programme taster tapes.
Brainiac:Science Abuse, Sky1 (11x45min) - ITV Productions , United Kingdom
2006 - Researcher
• Developed ideas and set up large scale shoots for this high profile location based science show.
• Worked to a very demanding schedule - setting up up to 4 shoots a week.
• Cast contributors, sourced a large number of props and locations.
• Managed a large team of runners both on and off screen.
Serious Amazon, BBC1 (6x30min) - BBC , United Kingdom
2005 - Researcher
• Interviewed over 200 children selected from 30,000 applications for this tough reality series as well as co-ordinating logistics for 6 regional auditions.
Xchange, CBBC Channel. (2x30min daily live shows) - BBC , United Kingdom
2005 - Researcher
• Worked extensively across studio and film teams on this live, interactive, daily magazine show.
• Scripted and directed 4 minute films - including shelf shooting on Z1 & PD170.
• Sourced child contributors, music, stills, VT and props and fulfilled copyright reporting requirements.
• Briefed contributors - both children and tale
Education Summary: TRAINING
• Highly experienced self-shooter on EX-1, Z1, and A1 cameras. Also trained on the DSR450.
• Final Cut Pro editing skills • I’ve shot and edited a number of videos for the web for corporate clients.
• Recent BBC courses - Working with Children, Child Protection, Media Law, Data Protection, Safeguarding Trust
• Sony DSR 450 camera course (2 days) Oct 08
• Writing for Television (3 days) Sept 08
• BBC DV Lighting and Safety course (2 days) Oct 07
• Z1 camera course (2 days) July 06
Broadcasting BA Hons (2:1) • Leeds University Sep 01 - June 04
Aylesbury Grammar School Aylesbury, Bucks Sept 94 - June 00
• A-Levels: History-A, Communication Studies-A, English Literature-B S-Level: History-Merit
• 11 GCSEs: Grades A*, A, and B