- Toronto, CA
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Creative public relations and event planning professional with social media expertise. Have completed work in the entertainment, cosmetics and financial industries.
Jobmore...Creative public relations and event planning professional with social media expertise. Have completed work in the entertainment, cosmetics and financial industries.
Job Title: Communications Volunteer
Company: ALS Society of Ontario
Job Title: Entertainment Publicist
Description: • Executing upon all publicity and promotion campaigns
• Compiling and sending out press releases & press-kits
• Booking various events & compiling press/influencer lists
• Securing press in various publications across Canada and USA
• Developing solid relationships with various media including the blogger community
• Expand clients’ fan base through various online social media networking resources, including Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook.
Job Title: Education Events Manager
Company: Estee Lauder Group of Companies
Description: • Project quantities and prepare seminar requirements for Canadian territory.
• Main point of contact for entire Canadian Education team, reporting to Director of Education
• Ordering of all gifts and training material from New York head quarters in accordance to budget allocations
• Plan French translation and coordinate printing/DVD creation of all education materials.
• Manage and track budget of over a million dollars, measuring costs and actual expenditures against fiscal plan
• Coordinate hotel, catering, audio visual, overnight stays for 50+ training events per year
• Reallocate AMEX budget costs
• Managing SAP invoicing for entire Canadian Clinique team
Job Title: Assistant - Emilie-Claire Barlow
Company: Empress Music Group Inc.
Description: • Working for a successful Canadian jazz singer.
• Duties include, but are not limited to:
o Making sure website, MySpace and Facebook are regularly updated with show dates and news.
o Sending out photos, press kits, CD’s etc. to various fans and radio stations
o Researching new radio stations to send materials to in order to increase exposure
o Attending local shows to help with any last minute details
Job Title: Press Intern
Company: Arts and Crafts
Description: • Oversee daily press duties including gathering and updating press materials, mail-outs etc.
• Assist publicity department with media monitoring, digital mail-outs and scanning
• Assist with wholesale orders, purchasing and event planning
• Various tasks involving design, web development, social media and merchandising
• Managed merchandising and set-up for Broken Social Scene Toronto Island show
Job Title: Intern
Company: MTV Canada
Description: •MTV Canada is a Canadian programmed and managed business, wholly owned by CTV Inc., a division of CTVglobemedia.
•Assistant on shoots
•Appearing in skits when needed
•Help with production set up/tear down
•Transcribing, logging, organizing tapes and tape library
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Events
Company: INFONEX INC
Description: •Infonex is a leading Canadian conference development company.
•Responsible for executing up to six events at any given time and seeing them through from conception to completion.
•Conduct research in relation to market demands and subsequently develop appropriate conference programs
Create and write all marketing and promotional material for distribution by all departments.
•Build relationships with high-level professional speakers in order to secure their participation and sponsorship in events.
•Run event while on-site, including introducing speakers and timetable while trouble shooting any last minute problems encountered
Job Title: Executive Assistant to Director
Company: MV Specialist Contractors
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Field of Study: Psychology/Journalism
University / College: University of Dalhousie
Degree: Public Relations Certificate
Field of Study: Communications
University / College: University of Toronto
Public Relations, Event Planning & Social Media