Writer, editor, social media, creative writing tutor
A versatile and experienced writer and editor, with a strong track record across traditional and new media, and corporate and independent content. I can offer social media advicemore...A versatile and experienced writer and editor, with a strong track record across traditional and new media, and corporate and independent content. I can offer social media advice and content.
I have written:
project proposals and pitches
I also edit creative writing projects and academic papers.
I'm proficient in both UK and US English.
I write the successful literary/cultural blog, baroqueinhackney.com, and am a published poet, commentator, and book reviewer. I do independent mentoring and tutoring for creative writing, particularly poetry.
Area Covered: London, online
Industry: Corporate communications, press & media, arts & culture, and miscellaneous
Work Experience Summary: * Freelance copywriting & editing for various clients
* Freelance press & media and social media PR for various clients
* Communications Consultant at Energy Saving Trust, launched and wrote blog, integrated social media messages, edited technical reports
* Writer at Investors in People UK, rewrote corporate publications
* Editor/Writer & Publications Manager at National Consumer Council, wrote and edited policy documents
* Commissioned community and project website with extensive consultation, collaborated with designers and photographer, commissioned or wrote all content, maintained site
* Wrote Housing page of East End Life newspaper 4 years
* Blogger in residence at numerous organisations including Southbank Centre
* Tutor with the Poetry School
Education Summary: Independent
*Freelance Journalism, City Literary Institute
*Writing Poetry Reviews, the Poetry School
*Running Poetry Workshops, the Arvon Foundation
*Certificate in Personal Coaching, the Coaching Academy
*Write to sell, with Susan Grossman
At the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
*Freedom of Information Act
*Working with BME communities
*Running communications training
*Maximising press uptake
At the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
*Excellent Internal Communications
*Planning and Managing a PR Campaign