- Bournemouth, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
Content Writer & Blogger - Social Media services, Websites, etc. Step into my Virtual Office – my business is yours!
I am an article and blog writer and currently writemore...Content Writer & Blogger - Social Media services, Websites, etc. Step into my Virtual Office – my business is yours!
I am an article and blog writer and currently write for various businesses – from blogs and social media to newsletters and email marketing campaigns. I also write my own weekly blogs and monthly newsletters and have designed a number of websites.
I write fluently with correct spelling and grammar and my work is always completed to budgets and deadlines. Read more about me on my website.
I regularly write and review website content for clients using SEO keywords and enjoy copy and feature writing.
Area Covered: online support
Summary: My name is Katherine Hanson. I'm a Virtual Assistant and Blogger providing remote business support around the globe. I am 35 and relocated from London in 2009, where I now live with my boyfriend close to the seafront in Dorset.
I also write content for a number of businesses, from blogs and social media to newsletters and email marketing campaigns. I write fluently with correct spelling and grammar and my work is always completed to budgets and deadlines. I regularly write and review website content for clients using SEO keywords and also my own blogs and newsletters and have designed a number of websites.
From April to December 2009 I was a freelance project manager for Dorset County Council where I was tasked with redeveloping their intranet which is used by 15,000 staff. Until early 2009 I was an Executive Assistant to 5 members of Senior Management in a Central London wealth management firm. Prior to that, I gleaned many years Board level PA experience in financial services, hospitality, brand marketing and infrastructure industries.
Skills & Experience:
• Ability to provide first class secretarial and administrative support
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (2007 and 2003), IT troubleshooting and knowledge of Windows Attained 46 CPD points for 2007 & 2008
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills with research interest and experience
• Audio/Copy Typing speed of 55 wpm, Teeline Shorthand qualification, minute taking skills
• Copy Typing speed of 66 wpm, Teeline Shorthand qualification, minute-taking skills
• Excellent communication, management, prioritisation and organisational skills
• Excellent telephone manner, client interfacing skills and experience
• Excellent wine and restaurant knowledge
• Extensive company business travel experience: compiling complicated multi-trip itineraries, budget management and research
• Extensive diary management and meeting scheduling experience
• High degree of discretion as a result of working in highly confidential and sensitive environments
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Website and Intranet design and experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project/Publisher/FrontPage, MindJet Mind Manager and CRM databases
Job Title: Business Owner
Company: DJB Plastering
Description: Complete website build and design, stationery, e.g. letterheads, flyer design, general admin
Job Title: Counsellor/Research Fellow
Company: Leicester University
Description: Katherine transcribed around 5 hours worth of digital transcription of some client role play interviews which formed part of my Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling.
Summary: I possess fast, accurate copy/audio typing skills, a Teeline Shorthand qualification and minute-taking skills and am highly IT literate with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows. I am also very knowledgeable in the use of Windows Explorer and have some experience of Web Design/html and maintaining several Content Management Systems and CRM databases.
I have always placed great importance on keeping my skills updated and attaining vocational qualifications (the majority of which have been self-funded and/or self-taught):
Project Management (with Credits for further study)
Microsoft FrontPage Web Design
Audio Typing (50wpm)
Touch Typing (66wpm)
Executive PA (awarded a Distinction)
Microsoft Office Advanced (awarded a Distinction): Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
Wines & Spirits (globally recognised)
RSA Word Processing (awarded a Distinction)
Proofreading (awarded a Merit)
Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Secondary, Further & Higher Education:
BA Honours degree: Modern English Studies with Journalism
3 A Levels
Degree: 2:2 (BA Hons)
Field of Study: Modern English Studies with Journalism
University / College: University of Luton
Content Writer & Blogger