- Stockport, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Summary: I Have a broad experience within a fashion based environment, starting on the buying floor at Arcadia and from there working towardsmore...Work Experience
Summary: I Have a broad experience within a fashion based environment, starting on the buying floor at Arcadia and from there working towards the more ethical side of the business, working for Made the ethical Jewellery supplier in both the UK and in Kenya, SOKO the ethical clothing producer based in Kenya supplying ASOS, and from there moving on to Katundu as a manager of an ethical workshop based in Malawi.
Since then I have worked on a couple of contract, including a sourcing trip in India working and developing with a variety of ethical production units, for the development of a new homewares brand.
Job Title: Business and Brand Development Manager
Company: Mayamiko Trust
Description: Business and Brand development Manager for an ethical production unit based in Malawi and the UK, producing branded and own brand products for the medium to high end accessories market.
working in all areas of the ethical production and retail side of the business, from liasing with clients for both own buy and branded products, through to all stages of the sampling process, costings, accounts, sales and marketing including social media, lead generation and account management, as well as the general day to day admin of the business side.
I was also employed on a contractual basis to work out in Malawi for two months at the production unit, to develop training and production systems, train the manager in running an ethical company and the accountability/transparency needed, whilst working towards ethical guidelines, and within parameters set by the Malawian government with regards to employment issues, trainign etc.
Job Title: Merchandising Consultant
Company: Ally Capellino
Description: • Employed on contract work to oversee the Ally Capellino for Apple range
• The range is sold in 5 hub locations throughout Europe and is solely online, and the job entails stock control, weekly and monthly analysis reports, forecasting, colour and style analysis and advising supplier orders and new ranges development.
• Working with Apple to ensure the range is trading at its maximum, especially during peak trading weeks, and promotional campaigns.
• Developing and maintaing stock control, sales and forecasting systems
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Description: • Working as a workshop manager for an independent home wares company
• Katundu is an ethical workshop, and employs and trains ladies from the local Orphan programme.
• Primarily producing hand beaded textiles for the export market,
• Taking on a Management role covering the owners Maternity leave, working closely with and directing the Malawian manager,
• The job involved in all aspects of running a small business, including, monthly accounts, HR, Liaising with the Malawian employment office to ensure all legal aspects were adhered to, marketing and sales, liaising with overseas agents and maintaining relations with existing clients updating them with new product ranges, and current production capacities and lead times, development of new product ranges, product costing, from the initial cost of sales through to rrp’s,
• Development and training of a quality control department, sample catalogue and template development for all new and existing styles,
• Overseeing all aspects of import and export and working with shipping agents and working within the Malawi Revenue Authority Parameters, and governmental procedures,
• Stock control, both with the finished stock, and maintaining stock reports submitted to the Malawian government for the imported fabrics ordered to maintain the duty free status of the imported fabrics.
• Ordering and importing fabrics and beads as well as sourcing new fabrics.
• Training and developing the skills in a variety of different areas – beaded textiles, clothing and accessories, jewellery, carpentry, weaving, using existing skill sets but directing the use of these to be in the production of more western and contemporary designs.
• Training up external suppliers, to the quality needed for export...
Field of Study: Human Biology
University / College: Leeds Metropolitan University