- Kragujevac, RS
- £7 /hr
- Available now
MY PERSONAL INFO:
Mother tongues: Serbian ( Serbo-Croat, with Croatian and Bosnian)
The English Language Ability: proficient (professional level)
Other languages: supportingmore...MY PERSONAL INFO:
Mother tongues: Serbian ( Serbo-Croat, with Croatian and Bosnian)
The English Language Ability: proficient (professional level)
Other languages: supporting additional languages myself or through the network of colleagues with whom I cooperate with on a daily basis, such as: Slovenian and Macedonian (near native speaker)
German, French, Russian (basic knowledge), Latin (8 years at The Grammar School and Faculty courses).
I am enthusiastic, motivated, responsible, reliable, accurate and confident about meeting tight deadlines; providing a fully-experienced services from English and German into Serbian/Croatian and Bosnian and vice versa, but also within many language pairs through my subcontractors (such as: English >Serbian/Serbo-Croat (today known as Serbian and Croatian)/Bosnian;
Serbian/Serbo-Croat (today known as Serbian and Croatian)/Bosnian>EN
*proofreading (in English or Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian) of different scientific, literary and other works, documents, forms, materials et cetera
*translating GE>Serbian/Serbo-Croat (today known as Serbian and Croatian)/Bosnian (through subcontractor)
Serbian/Serbo-Croat (today known as Serbian and Croatian)/Bosnian>GE (through subcontractor)
*proofreading (in English or Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian)
*Cross-Cultural Assistance, Linguistic Validation, Quality Managing
*Tuition on Serbian as a mother tongue or foreign language and English as a foreign/second language
* Linguistic consulting related to dictionary building, lexicography, language assessment etc.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
As you can see on my web pages (Please, refer to my web pages:
http://www.proz.com/pro/105189 ; http://www.transquotation.com/transresume.asp?idLLC=12370950;
I am 13-year long experienced in translating from English into Serbian/Serbo-Croat (Croatian)/Bosnian and vice versa, specialize in many areas, such as: MEDICINE> Medicine (general), Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Psychiatry, Psychology, CRF (Case Report Forms), Clinical trials, CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine), Herbal Medicine, Medical and Home Appliances and Devices, Medical Forms and Queries, Patient Questionnaires and Information, Medical Instruments, Immunology, Genetic Engineering (recombinant DNA technology) , Medical Instruments, ... GENERALITIES> Linguistics, Literature, Adult Web Content, Gambling, Philosophy, Environment, Fashion, Cosmetics, Journalism, Social and Human Sciences, Tourism and Travel, Culture, Art, Ecology,... ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY> Automotive Industry, Technology, Electronics, IT, Software, Telecommunications, User’s Manuals and Instructions, Security Systems,... BUSINESS AND FINANCE> Economics, Finance, Commercial Correspondence, Marketing, Media, Public Relations, Human Resources, Advertising etc. ADMINISTRATION AND LAW> Law (general), Corporate Law, Company Statutes, Declarations, Charters, Human Rights, NGO Documentation, Publications, Trademarks, General Correspondence, etc.
* B.A. in Comparative Literature and Serbian (Serbo-Croat) and English (Belgrade University, Faculty of Philology, Department of Comparative Literature and Serbo-Croat, and English and Literature )
* HS Diploma, Grammar School, Majors: English, French, Latin, Serbo-Croat, Literature, Journalism, Communications
* Certificate in Psycho therapy assistance, Laredo, Texas
* 1987- 1990 and 1996-2000 Serbian daily/weekly magazines "Svetlost", "Politika", "Vecernje novosti" (part-time)
* 1987-1990 "Radio Kragujevac" ( local radio station), Serbia and Montenegro ( part-time)
* 1995-1998 Voluntary work over two years with handicapped and retarded children (with special needs) and addicts (drug and alcohol users)- "School for children with special needs ", " Health Institute Department for Addicts ", Serbia
* 1994- present telecommuting independent translator, interpreter and tutor of English and Serbian
* 2004- present International Institute for Medical Research and Standardization, France (MAPI Institute, Lyon)
* 2005- present International Institute for Medical Research and Standardization, CA, USA (CPR Evidence, California)
* 2004- present CPM GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
* 1998- present "Famegal Co.", Serbia and Montenegro
* 2004-present "Zastava A.D"- "Zastava-info", Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro (part time)
* 2005-present DIGITAL STUDIO, ITA
* 2005- present SOFTITLER, USA
* 2005- present LTS (Languages Translation Services), WA, USA
* 2005- present TransPerfect, USA...
Successfully managed a number of projects by contracting and subcontracting.
Further, I am a part-time translator from English into Serbian and vice versa and interpreter (beside the rest) with "ZASTAVA INFO" (http://www.zastava-info.co.yu), the first and only electronic magazine of the Serbian automotive industry. On the other hand, I work as a business translator and correspondent with a private firm that dealing with baby products and accessories and is the main distributor of "Farlin baby products" in the Serbian market. In addition, I make queries, brochures, leaflets and so forth for mothers' advising centers for the mentioned company.
My other clients' projects include manuals, newsletters, letters, brochures, research and marketing materials, different forms, technical, art-related documents, books etc. As a cooperator of US/GB Association for teachers of EFL/ESL, making relevant materials for learning, self-learning and teaching English for the mentioned association.
I am proud with my long-term and fruitful cooperation with different clients, faculties, universities, organizations, companies, clinics and individuals like "Samsung", "Phillips", "Panasonic" "Siemens", "Ericsson", "Nokia", "Alcatel" "Moulinex", "Farlin", "Babyland", "Kopernikus Technology- American Digital Dream", "Toyota", "Peugeot", "Fiat","Renault" and so on, through leading translation agencies and companies based in Europe and the USA; "The Faculty of Economics", "The Law Faculty" "The Scholl of Medicine", " Faculty of Philology", Belgrade University and University of Kragujevac, "The Philological (Grammar) School", department in Kragujevac, "Mega Trend" University of Management and Business Scholl, in Kragujevac and Zajecar, "The Public Health Institute", "Institute of Agronomy and Plant Breeding", Kragujevac, "The Institute of Genetic Engineering", Belgrade, through "The School of Medicine", University of Kragujevac, "Clinical Hospital Center “Kragujevac”, Kragujevac, Serbia, Mothers' Advising Centers, "Special Scholl for Children with special needs" in Kragujevac and many humanitarian and NGOs, such as the "TIM MENADZERA ZAJEDNO ZA ZASTAVU" (The Managers' Team "Together for Zastava"), People's Health Movement etc.
I think that it is applicable to mention that as a journalist I worked (part-time) for the local daily/weekly newspapers/magazines several years and as a radio announcer and anchorwoman at the local radio station where I had an authentic radio live show as well.
Moreover, I am proud with my voluntary work over two years with handicapped and retarded children (with special needs) and addicts (drug and alcohol users). In that work I particularly focused on language development of children with special needs and also helped implementation of some new and innovative methods and techniques of healing those children and addicts, including my authentically developed method for healing and helping personal
growth and development of those children/addicts that is based on music therapy, natural sounds as a way to reach children and adolescents in therapy and main (major) principles of Psycho-Neuro Immunology and Neuro- Linguistic programming.
I have to emphasize that I have been included in collecting and evaluating many research data, so different observational and questioning methods (surveys, interviews with relevant persons, departments and so on) have been being used. Besides, as to ensure the high quality of my translations/services I always engage consultants in my work- university professors, medical doctors, engineers etc. who are experts in their respective fields. Also, I use spell-checker, but I do proofreading (for Serbian, Croatian, and Bosnian) myself before sending the translation to the customer. It is the essential part of my work and also as a professional linguist (professor of the Comparative Literature, Serbian and English), I can guarantee that my translations are top quality. Besides, when doing proofreading of English texts, I always consult the native English speakers (some colleagues I cooperate with on a daily basis).
RECENT SIGNIFICANT WORKS THAT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
1. "SAMSUNG"- refrigerators-OWNER'S AND INSTALLATION MANUALS, EN>SR
2. HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE: "Somatic embryogenesis and regeneration from cotyledon explants of squash"/ "Regulation of D1-protein degradation during photoinhibition of photosystem II in vivo:phosphorylation of the D1 protein in various plant groups", EN>SR,CR
3. "Kopernikus Technology- American Digital Dream", "PHILLIPS"- TV sets and other radio and visual devices, consumer electronic appliances, manuals, guides, brochures, catalogues, EN>SR
4. "Panasonic" "Siemens", "Ericsson", "Nokia", "Alcatel"- cordless and mobile phones, User Guides, EN>SR,CR,BO
5. a) "BEVERAGE FILLING AND PACKAGING MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT", Operating and Installation Manuals, EN>SR and SR>EN
5. b) "KHS Machines and Lines"- Installation manuals, Customer's Manuals, Technical Specification, Machine Operation and Control, KAD-CAM- Machines (Description ), Change-Over, Maintenance etc. EN>SR
6. "TRADE AGREEMENT FOR DISTRIBUTORS", EN>SR,CR,BO and SR,CR,BO>EN
7. "FARLIN" BABY CARE PRODUCTS ( BABY STROLLERS, BABY BAGGIES, BABY WALKER, BABY CARRIERS, PLAY PENS, BABY BASSINETS, BABY CHAIRS, BABY FEEDING/ROCKING/HOOK-ON CHAIRS, ELECTRIC SWINGS, INDOOR AND OUTDOOR CHILDREN'S SLIDE, BABY POTTY TRAINERS, BABY TOILET SEATS, BABY CAR SEATS, FEEDING BOTTLES, NIPPLES, PACIFIERS, GUM SOOTHERS, CUPS, DIAPERS AND PANTS, PILOWS AND BIBS, FOOTWEAR, PLAYTHINGS, SAFETY SCISSORS, AIR-FILLED COTSHEETS, DIGITAL THERMOMETARS, NASSAL ASPIRATOR, BAGS, ETC.) -CATALOGUES, OPERATING AND INSTALLATION MANUALS, USER GUIDES, BROCHURES, INFORMATIONAL MATERIALS FOR MOTHERS' ADVICING CENTERS IN SERBIA, EN>SR,CR, SR,CR>EN
8. BOSCH MOTRONIC M4.6.-motors (engines): usage, description (characteristics, quality) and improvements, EN>SR
9. *"Toyota", "Peugeot", "Fiat","Renault" , EN>SR, "Zastava", SR>EN- products and topics: steering wheel, allotments, low profile tyres, suspension, fog lamps and stop lamps, rear spoiler, motors, electronic fuel injections etc.
*Aesthetic and Functional Improvements of motors that meet ecological regulation EURO2. EN>SR, SR,CR>EN
10. "FINAL ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION ORDER", EN>Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian
11. "HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT- ORIENTATION AND EMPLOYEE TRAINING", "FINDING SOURCES OF FINANCING", "EUROPA TAKEOVER BIDS- HIGH LEVEL GROUP OF EXPERTS REPORT", EN>SR; "MODELI I TRENDOVI UPRAVLJANJA AKCIONARSKIM DRUÅ TVOM U EVROPSKOJ UNIJI", "AKCIONARSKA DRUÅ TVA ZAPOSLENIH", etc. SR,CR,BO>EN
12. "People's Charter for Health", People's Health Movement (International NGO), EN>SR
13. "SAFETY QUESTIONNAIRE", EN>SR,CR; SR,CR>EN
14. HERBAL MEDICINE- healing rheumatism, EN>SR,CR,BO
15. "Implementation of New and Innovative Methods of Healing Multiple Sclerosis & Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis patients", article SR>EN, EN>SR,CR
16. The BardPort (US brand) implanted ports with catheters- Description, usage, pinch-off prevention, clinical, radiological signs of pinch-off, indications for use etc. EN>Serbian,Croatian and Bosnian
17. "Cash and Medical Assistance Forms", Department of Public Welfare, Pennsylvania, EN>SR,CR,BO
18. "Public Health Services in Spokane county and Signs of Mental Illness" EN>SR, BO etc.
19. “USSD solution for BH TELECOM- Financial Proposal”, EN>BO, EN>SR
20. “Gender-sensitive budgeting and national planning concepts”, conference reports, EN>SR
21. “Rural Development in Central Serbia”, thesis, EN>SR
22. “The Willo Star Pumps Z series” • Installation and User’s Manuals and Marketing texts, EN>SR
23. Lingustic Validation of FACT-P, PAIN QUESTIONNAIRE, HEAD AND NECK CANCER QUESTIONNAIRE, Osteoarthritis R33 questionannire and the pain scale and other QOL(quality of life) PRO instruments, EN>SR, EN>CR
24. Human Resource Management- “Orientation and Employee Training”-master thesis, EN>SR
25. King Henry’s IV Charters (several), Latin>English
26. “The concept of six Î£- methodology, implementation, tools and dilemmas”, article, EN>SR
27. “Market Segmentation and Its Variables”, “Consumer Products Forecasting”, “Projecting Financial Requirements”, thesis, EN>SR
28. “Cash Flow Management”, brochure, EN>SR, BO
29. “The Role of The Mother, Nursery-School Teacher and The Teacher of Older Children”, writings, SR>EN
30. “M-banking- the focus of many European, as well as Serbian bank’s strategy”, article, EN>SR
31. “The juggling skills of poker”, brochure, EN>SR
32. “The Guide to online poker- The strategic differences between playing online and in a brick and mortar casino”, Guide, EN>SR, Bosnian, Croatian
33. “Clinical Study Protocols” (Phase 2, Randomized, multi-center, multinational study for the evaluation of safety of four fixed dose regimens of DU-176b with subjects with non-valvular atrial fibrillation and of rivoglitazone with subjects with diabetes, type 2), EN>Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Slovak
34. “Clinical Study Protocol” (An International, Phase II, Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled, Multi-Center Study to Assess the Efficacy of ZD6474 (ZACTIMAïƒ”) versus Placebo in Subjects with Unresectable Locally Advanced or Metastatic Medullary Thyroid Cancer), EN>SERBIAN
35. “Nitinol Flex Drill STERILE IFU (with and without CE 0459)” (PRECIMED medical instruments and devices), Instructions for use, EN>CROATIAN, SERBIAN
36. “PRECIMED INSTRUMENTATION”, Manual, EN>SERBIAN, CROATIAN
37. “FLEXICHANGE”, USER GUIDE, EN>SERBIAN
38. “FARLIN BABY CARE PRODUCTS AND TOYS“, MANUALS, CATALOGUES, EN>SERBIAN, CROATIAN
39. “KAPLAN CO. CHILDREN GAMES AND EDUCATIONAL PUZZLES”, marketing materials and instructions for use, quick guides, EN>SERBIAN.
Multiple (upon request)
Rates vary between 0.08-0.12 EUR (ca 0.10-0.14 USD) per word, depending on complexity, language pair, volume of the project, availability and deadlines. I determine the price after reviewing the sample file or upon receipt of detailed information on project (volume, deadline, language pair etc.)
a) English to Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian 0.08-0.12 EUR (0.10-0.14 USD) per target/source word.
b) Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian to English 0.08-0.12 EUR (0.10-0.14 USD) per source/target word.
Rates for proofreading are usually 1/3 of the price for translation.
My hourly rate is between 30-60 EUR (35-70 USD).
Special discount for long-term cooperators, old clients and large projects/ongoing ones.
Anyway, the rates are negotiable!
I can accept payments via bank transfer (preferably), Western Union or by $ company check.
WordFast v.3.35, Transit Satellite Pe, Trados 6.5 Freelance, Trados 7, Deja Vu X v.7.0, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office XP, Quark Express, Power Point, Excel, Dream Weaver, Visio 2000 (enterprise edition) and many others.
From 9 a.m. (CET+1)- 5 p.m. (CET+1) , but if I have much work to do, you can find me around even at night (usually around midnight till 3.00a.m./4.00a.m (CET+1).
FOR YOUR INFO:
I specialize in urgent projects, with an average output of ca 2000-2500 words per day. If it is necessary, I can translate up to 4000-4500 words per day, but if it is the case, projects requiring high daily output or turnaround under 24 hours are charged at the higher price.
I have to emphasize that I am very well organized, adapted to team work, but also have ability for working independently if it is necessary. I am flexible to work under pressure and committed to work with people regardless their background or gender; have a high-grade of self-responsibility; self-confident, cooperative, communicative, with positive can-do attitude, detailed- oriented, adaptable to different situations. I work well under strict time constraints and deadline-oriented situations.
If you are interested in cooperation with me, feel free to contact me, under no obligation, to inquire about any data you may need. I would be glad to send you all the relevant information, as soon as I get your reply.
Should you need further assistance, please, do not hesitate to e-mail me. I would be happy and grateful to be a part of your team. Thanks in advance.
Hoping that our future collaboration will be successful and waiting for your prompt reply and favorable consideration.
Looking forward to your kind comments, suggestions, and instructions.
With greatest regards,
Katarina Radojevic- Mitrovic
Area Covered: Serbia
Company Name: Rina Linguistic Services