- Manchester, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
An experienced web developer, with extensive knowledge in building web applications driven by PHP, Zend Framework, MySQL and Apache. Working many years in the web developmentmore...An experienced web developer, with extensive knowledge in building web applications driven by PHP, Zend Framework, MySQL and Apache. Working many years in the web development industry, with extensive experience in data scraping, data aggregation, data management and cron systems.
Area Covered: North West of England
Summary: • Utilised the Zend Framework to reduce development time and increase productivity.
• Developed code using object orientated programming and relevant design patterns, producing code that is highly cohesive and loosely coupled, promoting easy maintenance, simpler testing and re-usable components.
• Configured and managed every aspect of the website distribution process, from DNS zone configuration to Apache and MySQL configuration.
• Decreased server load by analysing Apache error logs and refactoring problem code identified.
• Assessed client requirements to determine business requirements; turned business requirements into UML and database schema designs.
• Profiled code to identify problems within application code; determined the reason for the problem and refactored code to remove bottlenecks and increase performance.
• Identified caching points and implemented different caching strategies using various technologies, for example full page caching with Quickcache and object caching with Memcache.
• Implemented gateways to external APIs and services such as Paypal IPN and Textbroker API.
• Developed applications using the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture, with full understanding and extensive experience of its implementation.
• Debugged application code to find and eliminate application bugs.
• Good knowledge of the MySQL architecture, schema optimisation and indexing; confidence to choose different configurations for different scenarios.
• Produced advanced SQL queries for MySQL that utilise table indexes and storage engine features.
• Analysed the MySQL slow query log and rewritten queries to increase performance and eliminate bottlenecks.
• Utilised design patterns to help combat common software design problems.
Job Title: Web Developer
Description: Responsible for developing, both for myself and for clients, database driven web applications using MySQL, PHP and the Zend Framework; developing and maintaining web applications for Content Management, Cron Management and Content Aggregation.
Degree: First Class Degree with Honours
Field of Study: Business Computing
University / College: University of Hull
Zend Framework PHP Developer
Again an excellent job; prompt delivery and quality coding. Cheers Karl!
Karl is an excellent coder, with a good understanding of OO PHP, and a clear, structured approach to development. Will definately use Karl again.
Karl made a website for me with a database back end. I had to trust him completley as i knew nothing about the way things worked, all i had was an idea and Karl brought it to life.
I would totally reccommend Karl for any project you have as he asks questions, finds answers and comes back to you very quickly, i will certinally be using him for anything else i want doing in the future. Thanks Karl 10/10
Great work and fast
Great work. Really fast and done everything i required and more. Always available for communication, couldn't recommend more highly.