- Reading, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Freelance Marketer - A highly motivated and driven marketing professional with many years of experience in planning, strategy, tactical implementation and evaluation within themore...Freelance Marketer - A highly motivated and driven marketing professional with many years of experience in planning, strategy, tactical implementation and evaluation within the technology sector and with SME’s.
Committed to client base and focused on generated high quality results. Highly organised, logical thinker with a passion for quality, bringing to the table a wealth of expertise and the ability to adapt to what the situation requires.
Freelance Marketing Consultant
2006 – To date
Working on a freelance basis with start-ups, sole traders and small businesses, in the Thames Valley area. Mission is to help clients to communicate the right messages to the right target markets at the right time to ultimately help them grow their businesses. Work is carried out on a project basis or under retainer.
Two main focuses for the business:
• Planning and Strategy – writing of marketing plans, workshops, audits and tactical implementation
• Social Media – strategy, set up, training, on going management
From 2006 – October 2010 worked with éclat Marketing as New Business Development Manager:
Primary role was to generate focused new business leads and raise the profile of éclat Marketing using a variety of tactical activities including:
• Organising quarterly educational seminars which typically involved sourcing key technology journalists and analysts as guest speakers.
• Focused campaigns around specific industry events to promote the services of éclat Marketing to encourage project work for the event but also to arrange qualified meetings for éclat Marketing onsite at the actual event
• Implementation of a CRM system for tracking prospects and all new business opportunities
• Generation of targeted prospect calling lists (including research of correct contact details) – this was then systematically worked through on a weekly basis
September 2012 to date
Co-founder of The 10-12 Business Club. a structured networking group for like-minded professionals within Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. It currently offers structured networking for both women and men in business at four locations during the month.
European Marketing Manager
2003 – 2004
Responsibility for the setting up of the European marketing structure.
Main responsibilities included:
• Development of strategic marketing plan focusing on UK, France and Germany
• Management of overall budget
• Working with the US marketing team to create programs that were specific for Europe, often involving the reworking of existing US materials.
Northern European Marketing Manager
Attachmate Sales (UK) Ltd
1990 - 2002
Overall responsibility for the marketing activities within Northern Europe: UK, Nordics, Benelux and South Africa.
• Management of team of 5 marketing assistants
• Development of strategic plan for each region and responsibility their execution
• Evaluation and reporting of all activities to ensure suitable ROI
• Participation in quarterly sales meetings to brief staff on forthcoming campaigns
Key activities included:
• Advertising – from development on concept, briefing agency to placement of adverts and tracking responses.
• Sponsorship (such as the BT Global Challenge) – ensuring these events were co-ordinated with the sales people to ensure maximum exposure with key prospects and clients.
• Direct Mail
• Events such as exhibitions, customer seminars
• PR – management of PR agencies
• 3rd Party relationships with companies such as Novell, IBM, Unisys
• Channel Marketing
University / College: Bournemouth University
University / College: Dihe
University / College: Dorset institute of huger education
University / College: The Bulmershe School
Field of Study: Advanced Certificate in Marketing
University / College: Chartered Institute of Marketing