- Loughborough, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
Product Designer/ Translator www.justint.carbonmade.com
Profile & Objective
As a recent design graduate from Loughborough University, with a degree in Product Design BSc, I have started my own business and undertaken severalmore...Profile & Objective
As a recent design graduate from Loughborough University, with a degree in Product Design BSc, I have started my own business and undertaken several summer jobs within the automotive and OEM manufacturing industry. These have enabled me to develop not only specific design and manufacturing experience, but also consolidate my practical software skills, such as Pro-Engineer, AutoCAD, PhotosProfile & Objective
As a recent design graduate from Loughborough University, with a degree in Product Design BSc, I have started my retailing business and undertaken several jobs within the automotive and OEM manufacturing industry. These have enabled me to develop not only specific design and manufacturing experience, but also consolidate my practical software skills, such as Pro-Engineer, AutoCAD, Photoshop and Illustrator.
I am an ambitious and innovative person with experience in the automotive industry and a talent for tackling complicated issues, with passion, professionalism and originality. I excel in creating well-rounded, commercially viable solutions through the use of traditional and modern design tools. My meticulous planning and strong attention to detail ensures my work is always comprehensive and practical. I am hoping to gain experiences and expand my knowledge in sales and purchasing through working in different roles.
2007--10 Loughborough University (U.K.) 2:2
Product Design & Technology (BSc)
Modules: Concept Generation, Mechanics, CAD Modelling, Design Manufacturing, Prototyping, Electronics, Design Communication, Computer Aided Ergonomics
2005--07 Bromsgrove School, Worcestershire (U.K.)
2006-- A Level: Design & Technology (B), Mathematics (C), Art (B), Chinese (A)
2005-- As Level: Design & Technology (C), Mathematics (C), Physics (D), Biology (C)
2004--05: Sherborne international School (U.K.)
7 GCSEs (Higher Tier): Physics (B), Chemistry (B), Biology (B), Mathematics (A), English (B), Chinese (A*), I.C.T (D)
December 2009 – Present JDM Revolution Ltd / AssuredBEO Ltd
Managing Director/ Partner
JDM Revolution Ltd
• Sourcing high quality vintage and prestigious vehicles from dealers, auctions or private individuals from UK and overseas, such as Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Jensen, Mercedes, BMW & Mini
• Selling high quality vintage and prestigious vehicles worldwide after various restoration works was carried out
• Carry out marketing and business strategy research.
• Create and lay out future business plans.
• Carry out restoration and detailing work for interior and exterior on automobiles such as paint, leather, wood etc.
• Research, design and develop small automobile accessories
• Source supplier, production manufactures from Asia and America
• Design, simulate and produce 1:1 prototype models in respect to customers’ order with the aid of different CAD software
• Simulate lighting, material and colour combination with the aid of 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Produce quality model with the aid of various prototyping skills
• Design & Customising car interior trims in respect to customers’ requests (Leather, carbon fibre pattern vinyl wrapping/modifying/ painting interior parts)
• Carry out business assessment analysis on a regular basis, with targets on improving profit margins and customers’ satisfaction level
• Sourcing desired pre-owned Bang & Olufsen products from dealers or private individuals, then sell on through online store after various testing and refurbish work have been carried out.
• Design and updating online store, making sure the store was kept up to date and running seamlessly for all customers use.
• Manage product warranties, deal with local / international customers’ orders, shipping and after sales services.
• Responsible for updating company news on Facebook and forum groups.
October 2011 – August 2012 Prodrive Motorsport Ltd
Paint Sprayer (Full Time)
• Responsible for all hand painting process in composite components used on motorsports or production vehicles with companies such as Bentley, Jaguar, McLaren and Aston Martin
• Work through all paint processes from raw to final polished lacquer parts
• Work efficiently within teams and departments in order to meet tight weekly targets
• Communicate and update with different departments on parts problems and suggest possible solving methods
• Carry out reworks on minor or extensive damaged raw and lacquer parts
• Work closely with Pattern Shop on automotive pattern finishing
• Carry out paint inspection checks at start and finish point
• Logging on time accurately on job sheets and IFS system
2007 – 2009 CP Corporation Limited (OEM Toys & Die-casts)
Designer trainee (Summer Placement)
July 09 - Sept 09
• Assist on computer prototyping, product prototype modelling and licensing
• Perform stock checks on raw materials, components, parts and finished products.
• Redesign new filing system for parts so to allow stock department could retrieve data from system easily.
July 08 - Sept 08
• Redesigning product packaging, aiming at more user-friendly and cost saving
• Quality check on every products, suggest possible defects and improvements
• Participate in the design team, Learning more on mould tools design, maintenance
July 07 – Sept 07
• Redesigning Company logo
• Designing Company Brochures for the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2008
• Daily administration work
CAD Pro-Engineer Advanced
Pro Desktop Advanced
Auto CAD 2D Intermediate
NX 7.5 Basic
Catia V5 Basic
Graphics Adobe Photoshop CS4 Advanced
Adobe Illustrator Advanced
Alias Image Studio Advanced
3D Studio Max Intermediate
Office Microsoft Word Advanced
Microsoft Excel Advanced
Microsoft PowerPoint Advanced
Microsoft Outlook Advanced
System Windows Advanced
Others Rapid Prototyping Intermediate
C Programming Basic
Product Designer BSc