- City of Westminster, GB
- £22.50 /hr
- Available now
With over six years experience in the Communications Industry, I can offer strong Media Relations, Copywriting and Crisis Management skills. My approach is both practical and creativemore...With over six years experience in the Communications Industry, I can offer strong Media Relations, Copywriting and Crisis Management skills. My approach is both practical and creative and I am adept at working both pro-actively and reactively.
Area Covered: All London areas and across the South-East
Work Experience Summary: DETAILS OF MY PR & MARKETING EXPERIENCE TO DATE, INCLUDES THE POSITIONS LISTED BELOW:
PR & MARKETING CONTRACT ROLES HAVE INCLUDED:
Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (BERR); Lexis PR; MS&L; Harrow College; Hill & Knowlton; Dow Jones; Pleon; Trimedia and Nelson Bostock.
WORKED ON ACCOUNTS WHICH INCLUDED: Learning Skills Council, Eversheds, Canon, BootBee, Proctor & Gamble, TheTrainline.com, Nokia, Morrisons, EDF Energy & Dominoes
GLOBAL TOOLKIT PRODUCTION - Helped create materials to assist with a soon to be launched oral healthcare product and two mobile games. This included: media alert creation; creation and research of competition ideas; proposal amendment; research & provision of statistics for each launch market; creation of survey questions and ideas for product launch • which occurred simultaneously across all markets. In addition, liaison with design and events agencies over the creation of artistic product impressions for inclusion in the toolkit and experiential launch event
MEDIA RELATIONS • Arranged interviews between Senior Executives and national, trade & local media, providing briefing documents and media training where necessary. Created and sold-in press releases for new products and service launches
PROACTIVE COMMUNICATIONS • Contributed to and helped execute, Central Government media strategy on Firework safety awareness
REACTIVE MEDIA RELATIONS - Fielded local and national media enquiries, including the recent South Harrow Explosion and a serious student assaul
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS • Sourced and created articles and artwork for in-house publications, which were distributed to both staff and students
EVENT CO•ORDINATION - Assisted with the global launch of a new brand across 18 markets, liaising with local contacts to arrange distribution of promotional materials and contributing to campaign ideas
PRESS PACK PRODUCTION • Created media toolkits • for internal & external use - which included Q&As, press releases, branding guidelines & backgrounder documents
AGENCY LIAISON • Conducted weekly calls with agencies that managed Dow Jones’s European communications, monitoring work undertaken and providing advice, where appropriate
CLIENT RESEARCH • Monitored news agenda and provided clients with speaking points to position them as the authority on topical issues to national and trade media
Compass UK & Ireland - Contract PR Manager Health, Education, Defence, Government. This division encompassed four operating companies - Scolarest & Chartwells (Education), ESS (Defence and Government) and Medirest (Health)
- Developedï€ Media Relations Programmes - Produced internal and external PR programme to help retain a large regional contract held by Scolarest - which supplies catering services to primary and secondary schools. Formulated key messages for the company and detailed internal and external communications activities over a six-month period. These included catering trade profile opportunities with Scolarest Head Chefs, company newsletter articles and regionally focused press releases
- Internal Communications - Produced stories for use on the Scolarest intranet following regional 'tasting' and 'putting fun back into food' events. Created healthy eating policies for Scolarest and Chartwells, for use on website, school notice boards and in sales tenders
- Marketing Material Production - Produced flyers to promote new school meal choices and encourage extra take up in school meals to parents
- Media Relations - Arranged and secured interview between Chartwells Head Chef and Cost Sector Catering on Chartwell's involvement in the celebrations to mark 25 years since the Falklands conflict ended.
BAA Heathrow • Contract Media Manager
- Crisis Communications • Arranged attendance and co-ordinated national and international broadcast and print media in the terminals during a major fog incident and the resulting suspension of BA flights, at the end of 2006 and at the start of 2007, following media interest in BA’s industrial action. Facilitated interviews and vox-pops with passengers
- Media Relations • Handled national, international and local print and broadcast enquiries on a daily basis often on complex topics which included Heathrow’s expansion, emissions trading and security and the communication of the new hand luggage regulations enforced at the end of 2006
- Press Materials • Researched and wrote part of BAA Heathrow's press pack including section’s on the company’s history and the airport’s ongoing expansion
- Media Centre management • Managed filming and photography requests with the media team, issuing permits and where appropriate, supervising media in the terminals
- Media materials • Worked with the Media Relations Assistant to manage the local media strategy, producing and editing press releases on CSR and community-related issues.
RJH Public Relations - Senior Account Executive/Account Manager, Corporate division. Serviced the 'Global' TNT Express and the British Quality Foundation (BQF) accounts
- Global Media Relations - Produced and 'sold-in' news stories to primarily global trade media and secured regular coverage. Arranged 'share of voice' and targeted interviews between senior TNT spokespeople and global trade media, including leading transport & HR publications
- Global Press Office function - Provided an international press office function to TNT Express. This involved liaising with the organisation's Business Units to produce reactive and pro-active Q&A's and statements, distributing images of TNT products and services requested by the communications network and handling enquiries submitted by the international media
- Weekly Communications Report - Production of reports for clients, detailing key successes and activities of agency
- Press Pack production - Produced press packs for the BQF and TNT Express. These included biographies of Board members from the respective companies, details of the organisation's products and services, organisation histories and key milestones
- New Business pitches - Assisted with the production of a new business presentation designed to secure the BQF account. Conducted pitch with director to the BQF and we subsequently secured the business
- Management - Managed day-to-day activities of Account Executives. This included providing coaching with press release writing, Q&As and other written materials. Also provided training in how to 'sell-in' stories and client liaison
Land Rover UK Headquarters - Corporate Communications Press Officer
News Release writing • Wrote and 'sold in' news releases on initiatives, including a Land Rover pioneered Vocational GCSE scheme and Land Rover Experience Challenge race at Blue-water. Coverage secured in local, regional and on-line media
Secured Radio Interviews • Initiated and arranged radio interviews between company employees and Warwickshire based stations including BBC WM and Heart FM. Topics included Land Rover’s sponsorship of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund Walk to Cure Diabetes.’ Key messages were mentioned in all cases
Issues Management • Dismissed speculation and eliminated negative coverage on issues such as Land Rover’s position following the cease of block exemption. Analysed monthly sales figures to create positive news angles for business journalists
Building Journalist Relationships • Kept Journalists abreast of corporate developments and providing details on fluctuating work force numbers, manufacturing down time and production re-alignment, among other things
Implemented Women’s Workshops • Helped develop women’s workshops, which were to be rolled out to dealers for use by customers. Aimed to increase female enthusiasm and knowledge of Land Rover ownership
Developed cost-effective media tracking service • Collated and evaluated information on services used by major European markets to develop a consistent, low cost solution of delivering the coverage generated by the company
Education Summary: Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA), Postgraduate Diploma, Public Relations - West Herts College 02'
BA (Hons) Journalism, Film & Broadcasting - Cardiff University, 99'
PR Consultant and/or Copywriter for all media channels