- Bearpark, GB
- £17 /hr
- Available now
As a First Class, prize winning graduate of the University of Cambridge and a native English speaker, my grasp of the English language is second-to-none. Prior to my degree I enjoyedmore...As a First Class, prize winning graduate of the University of Cambridge and a native English speaker, my grasp of the English language is second-to-none. Prior to my degree I enjoyed a successful 7-year professional career in charity fundraising, delivering campaigns worth over two million pounds for charity partners in roles ranging from training and recruitment, to middle management positions in charge of national sections.
I can be a fresh set of eyes for that business proposal you need proofreading; an editor injecting character into, or professionalising, your academic writing; the creator of bespoke documentation to any and all specifications; a well-schooled researcher and fact-checker of any topic, or a virtual research assistant, with particular skills in academic data handling, note-taking and tutoring.
My writing, proofreading, copy writing and editing experience ranges topics related to my own specialism (outlined below), charity / Third Sector, international development, global disaster management, international business, law, engineering, medicine and many areas of science. My expertise are both scientific and theoretical. I am particularly well-practiced in producing accessible documentation from otherwise dense and difficult topics.
All of my services include an initial consultation over WhatsApp, Skype or telephone, depending on your preference.
- Biological and Medical Anthropology, covering the following:
*Research methods in Biological Anthropology, including statistical analysis (in R), field methods, publishing
*Primatology, especially cultural primatology, primate sexuality, primate social systems
*Genetics, especially of disease, epigenetics, population genetics, and ancient DNA studies
*Behavioural ecology, specifically of primates and humans, with some focus on non-primate mammals and birds
*Social Network Theory, applicable to business, politics and many other fields
*Palaeolithic archaeology of Africa (mostly), as well as Europe, the Americas, and Oceania to a lesser degree
*Archaeological theory, including sociology, political theory, philosophy
*History of science, especially the history of evolutionary theory
NB: whilst I am happy to tutor in good academic writing (structure, style, being persuasive etc.) I do not ghostwrite other student's work.
*Writing training materials and designing training programmes
*Face-to-face fundraiser recruitment, training and mystery shopping
*Editing business proposals
*Proofreading, especially for individuals whose first language is not English
*Persuasive writing, from job-regrade proposals to application cover letters
*Tutoring in conversational English and any of my academic expertise
Virtual Research Assistant
Many researchers are overstretched but do not have the funding for a full-time research assistant. If tasks such as data-cleaning, grant-writing, data-recording or interview transcribing are eating up your time, I can help you get it back. This service is entirely tailored to requirements, so get in touch and start spending more time researching.
Proofreading service includes
- correction for punctuation, spelling, syntax and grammar
- three full readings of your text for precision
- alterations tracked in Microsoft Word
- up to two resubmissions for revisions by you
Proofreading + Editing service
… as above, plus:
- suggestions to improve the flow of your piece
- a critical evaluation of its content for substance and strength of argument
The details of research methods will vary depending on the type required (academic, casual, business)… broadly this service includes:
- internet-based, library-base (or both) searching, reading and pinpointing of required information
- personalised referencing system (APA, Harvard, and others to specification + links)
- the option to specify my search platforms
- a choice of presentation options including my standard report template (Word), categorised linear notes (Word), or a template of your choosing (Excel spreadsheet, PDF, etc.)
I am very passionate about vetting "facts" and well-schooled in recognising bogus information and dodgy sources. My fact-checking service includes:
- a bespoke service tailored to your requirements
- a thorough and accessible final report (template available to view during consultation)
- sources referenced to individual preferences
Note-taking service includes
- summarising articles / studies / websites that you just don't have time for
- notes based on my standard template, or one of your choosing
- price based on number of words / pages to be read
- service tailored to your needs
Please see my hourlies for details regarding tutoring and data-working.
*Graduated with 1st Class Honours in Human, Social and Political Science tripos: Biological Anthropology track, Lucy Cavendish College, University of Cambridge. Current student of Durham University studying MSc Medical Anthropology*
Virtual research assistant, proofreader, editor, tutor, academic professional
No result found
Thank u so much Jodie :)
I wouldn't of done my work without your help, my work is much more better now
I really appreciate your commitment and support to finish my work on time
Thanks for such kindness.
Always a pleasure Hamzeh! :)
Jodie was amazing! I am so impressed with her knowledge and the way she writes. She approached the written work in a logical and pragmatic way! She always responds to queries and is very patient. She is very good at taking ownership of the draft provided and she is adept with researching and incorporating what she has found to the final piece. Excellent writer!! Will use her again for sure!