A highly skilled Digital Retoucher with over 20 years experience working with premier brands and worldwide corporations. A proven track record working in a pressurised environment,more...A highly skilled Digital Retoucher with over 20 years experience working with premier brands and worldwide corporations. A proven track record working in a pressurised environment, producing fine quality work while meeting strict deadlines. Creative and adaptable, able to work in all areas of retouching, from simple cloning of pixels, to full creative high-end image building. Constructing images by combining multiple elements and using sophisticated brushing, masking, merging and distortion, for various advertising agencies and publications.
Area Covered: Surrey, London, Remote
Summary: I have worked in both major colour labs and repro houses with top creative photographers, graphic designers and ad agencies in the U.K. My work has appeared in most leading fashion, beauty and style related publications and on billboards across the country.
Before turning freelance I had successful working relationships with advertising agencies such as AMV, BMP, Redwood, McCann Erickson, Emap Winkreative, Ogilvy and Mather, J Walter Thomson, Bates, Burrows, and Saatchi and Saatchi.
Advertising campaigns have included; Renault, Marks & Spencer, Ford, Vauxhall, Deutche Bank, BT, Volvo, BBC, Sainsbury’s, Douwe Egberts, MFI, Clarks and Guinness.
Job Title: Owner and Senior Retoucher
Company: Joanne Craske Digital Retouching
Description: At Joanne Craske Digital Retouching we cover all your retouching needs from colour swatch matching and simple removal of imperfections to full creative high-end image building.
We've also worked with top creative photographers on dramatic image manipulation. As a result, our knowledge of the advertising, publication and photographic world is extensive and no job is too big - or indeed, too small.
Job Title: Senior Retoucher
Company: Electronic Solutions
Description: As a Digital Retoucher, responsibilities included;
• Providing excellent customer relations, dealing face to face with major clients, discussing briefs with them and trying to achieve the required effect directly on screen for front covers of magazines such as Arena and Face.
• Interpreting clients written needs, as expressed in mark ups when client is not present.
• Producing digiproofs, cromalins, news print, digicroms and bromides.
• Liaising with senior project managers, while ensuring that strict deadlines are met.
• Able to work both within a large team and independently on a variety of projects.
• Prioritizing workload, when sending and receiving compressed files for client approval. Deciding if any images need to be re-scanned, assessing the colour changes that need to be made, transferring files from one server to the other, writing images and files onto disc, archiving files for future use and updating image libraries.
Job Title: Freelance Transparency Retoucher/Digital Retoucher
Company: Colour Unlimited
Description: • Working independently as a freelance transparency retoucher, successfully building a large client base mainly through repeat business and recommendation by word of mouth.
• Continuing with the conventional methods of retouching when necessary, but adapting to the new ‘Kodak Premier’ digital retouching system.
• Adapting and learning new skills when using new retouching systems such as the Barco Creator 7 – a totally interactive, full image-retouching product.
• Developing skills and knowledge using Barco on silicon graphics hardware, dealing with large files and completing high quality work under strict deadlines.
• After 6 years experience using Barco, completed a ‘Photoshop 7’ training course in order to ensure exceptional standard of high-end creative retouching and also compatibility with other programs.
Job Title: Colour Corrector/Retoucher
Company: TRP Slavin
Description: • Using water based dyes and fine quality brushes, matching the colour of the duplicates made by the company with the originals supplied by the client.
• Meeting tight deadlines when matching up to 50 duplicates to one original.
• After 4 years progressing to transparency retoucher, responsible for improving images by taking out perceived imperfections.
• Working on beauty shots i.e. magazine front covers, calendars (Pirelli) and sometimes creating an image from scratch, using various bleaches and water based dyes.
• Working for 4 years freelance, retaining a desk at TRP Slavin and continuing to do their work.
Summary: Photoshop course at Media Training
University / College: Walthamstow High School for Girls