- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I recently decided to change careers and I have now entered the world of creative hairdressing. As I work part-time and attend college, I am looking for a permanent part-time role.more...I recently decided to change careers and I have now entered the world of creative hairdressing. As I work part-time and attend college, I am looking for a permanent part-time role. I am an all-rounder with strong interpersonal and communication skills. I am a clear thinker who remains calm under pressure where deadlines matter - A dependable pair of hands.
Area Covered: Personal Assistance, Office Management.
Job Title: PRACTICE MANAGER
Company: SLOAN SQUARE CLINIC
Description: Sloane Square clinic is a Private practise offering Physiotherapy and Podiatry treatment to new and long standing patients. As practice manager I had the sole responsibility of handling all administration and patient relations.
• Extensive diary management for 7 clinicians
• Keeping an accurate tally of payments made by cash, cheque, credit card and insurance-cover and capturing all data onto PPS (Private Practice Software.)
• Reconciling of the accounts at the end of each day and cashing up the till.
• Ordering of medical supplies and maintaining required stock levels
• Chasing insurance pay outs and aged debtors.
• Processing invoices and posting out to account holders and insurance companies on a monthly basis
• Handling all client records and relations in a discreet and confidential manner.
• Meeting and greeting patients.
• Handling patient bookings via phone, email
• Audio typing medical reports
• Processing weekly wages to the Clinicians
• Handling of petty cash
Job Title: Office Manager
Company: Plantation Capital
Description: Plantation Capital operates sustainable forestry and agricultural investments. The purpose of the position was to set up office procedures which were not in place. (New Position)
• Developing and implementing an easily accessible client filing system as well as creating a hard filing system on the company share drive
• Developing a ‘Client Status’ Excel sheet, containing all new client information and where they were in the investment process. This proved to be extremely useful to all departments.
• Generating legal documents for client’s investments
• Developing and implementing new administrative systems
• Recording office expenditure and managing petty cash
• Reviewing and updating health and safety policies
• Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
• Organising meetings (external and internal), typing up the agenda and taking minutes
• Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, including training and induction
• Promoting team building and after work activities
• Responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
Job Title: Help Desk and Customer Support
Company: Prosyn Ltd
Description: IT firm providing outsourced computer support and a range of specialists IT services to businesses in the UK.
• A highly customer focused role, coupled with the understanding of Helpdesk systems and building client relationships. Fast paced and SLA’s (Service Level Agreement) driven.
• Daily management of eight Engineers and their diaries
• Liaising between the clients and engineers
• Being the gate-way between client and company
• Working directly with a Graphic designer on new marketing materials
• Processing Orders
• Maintenance of Data Base
• Responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
• Logging all help desk interactions and documenting all communications
• Keeping procedures current and updated
• Performing other ad hoc duties as assigned by management
• Providing secretarial and administrative support to the company directors.
• General office management. (Opening and sorting mail, Ordering office supplies and stationary. Booking accommodation and making travel arrangements)
Job Title: Account Manager
Description: I was initially employed as a brand ambassador for Nestle (stationed at Heathrow Airport). In April 2006, I was promoted to the above-mentioned role. I was responsible for a team of 5 Brand Ambassadors, based in Gatwick, Stansted and Heathrow airports for the development of Nestlé confectionery sales in World Duty Free Stores. (WWDF)
• Preparing sales reports, maintaining & submitting records of business expenses incurred
• On-going reporting of sales and stock levels and relevant timely feedback
• Building sustainable relationships with store staff & management within WWDF stores to maximize opportunities, negotiate and maintain incremental display space
• Managing sample stock to ensure timely, efficient and effective replenishment where necessary.
• Grew Nestlé sales by 11% and Cailler sales by 73%
• Research in our direct & indirect competitors
• Developing, planning & implementation of sales strategies
• Visual merchandising
• Product and sales training to staff
• Ensuring a cohesive, synergistic working relationship with team colleagues
Job Title: Junior HairStylist
Description: Whilst attending collage I work part-time as an Apprentice/Junior Stylist at 10500Hair. The Salon has been open for 20yrs, situated on Portobello Rd. It has a large Clientele base and it is always busy. Whilst working at 10500Hair I have been on Numerous Kevin Murphy Courses as well as been educated in L’Oreal colour.
• Examples of work undertaken whilst at
• meeting and greeting clients on arrival.
• Taking bookings via telephone and email
• Stock taking and ordering new stock
• Keeping the salon clean and tidy at all times.
• Assisting Stylists on the TV set of “ Got to Dance”
• Open and closing the Salon at the beginning and end of day.
Education Summary: Cape Town Technical University, South Africa 2001- 2004
BSC (Hons) Food Consumer Science
Woodridge College, South Africa: 1997 – 2000
Matric Exemption Certificate (Highest standard obtainable and equivalent to “A” level)