Website Development & Graphic Design (Brochures, Stationery, Branding)
several projects involving responsive (mobile) website design
I have been a Graphic Designer and web designer for almost ten years. I'm professionally qualified and hold a BA(Hons) Degree in Graphic Design. I have a number of years Industrymore...I have been a Graphic Designer and web designer for almost ten years. I'm professionally qualified and hold a BA(Hons) Degree in Graphic Design. I have a number of years Industry experience working with large and small design agencies, including a corporate government role.
During my time overseas I have built and maintained websites for Japanese and Australian clients, and have maintained a good relationship during this time with my clients in England.
I take pride in my work, and like to go the extra mile for businesses that are truly serious about their online presence. My working ethos is to empower businesses with practical knowledge of the web and design, to help them to market their place on the web more effectively, and better cater for their customers.
PLEASE NOTE: I can design in any style a client asks for, it really depends on the submitted brief. A Design 'style' is dictated by a clients brief, not what is in my portfolio.
Area Covered: Lancashire, Manchester, Preston, Blackpool
Industry: Information Technology
Summary: July 2010 -
Self Employed Web Designer.
Aug 2008 - Feb 2009
Web Designer The Work and Travel Company Ltd, Sydney Australia
Jason undertook on-site contract work for a large company, which provides services for backpackers visiting Australia. He was required to create and maintain a series of websites to promote and sell the company's travel products.
- Brainstorming and creating website layout sketches on paper
- Website SEO, using and monitoring Google Adwords
- Configuring and setting up an e-commerce website with payment gateway
- Training staff to maintain website and store (Adobe Contribute/Zencart)
Apr 2008 - Aug 2008
Project Officer/Designer Dept. of Education and Training, Sydney Australia
Jason was recruited for a three month Government contract to work in Sydney's Central Business District. The Department where Jason worked sells training materials online to Registered Training Organisations and individuals. In this very demanding role Jason was required to think on his feet and quickly adapt to the large and busy CBD office environment.
- Using an Internal Content Management System
- Successfully working in a fast paced environment
- Juggling multiple job roles including Designer/Admin Staff/Customer Support
- Designing multiple brochures/branding materials for Print (Adobe InDesign)
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and advising customers
- Managing and re-prioritising workload on a continual basis
Aug 2007 - Feb 2008
Internet Researcher/Webmaster DH Publishing Ltd, Tokyo Japan
Jason worked part-time at a Japanese book publishing company, maintaining their website and collecting marketing information via the Internet.
- Adapting to an entirely new working environment
- Improving an existing website by cleaning up code and re-arranging site layout
- Strong communication skills including interpreting workload from a manager who speaks limited English
Jun 2006 - Jul 2007
Web Designer Box Office Publicity Ltd, St-Annes UK
Jason's primary role was creating small websites for businesses across the UK. This role was much more demanding than previous roles as the turnover rate for incoming work was quite high, and he worked with a very small team consisting of three people.
- Working with and administering Domain Names/Web Hosting Company
- Building and publishing multiple websites quickly, whilst liaising with Sales Reps
- Using CSS to speed up the design process
- Dealing with customer website issues and Domain name transfers
- Creating Plasma screen ads in Flash and Publishing with Director
Jan 2005 - Jun 2006
Web Master/Tesco TV Media Designer WRT Group PLC, Kirkham UK
Jason was in charge of rebuilding and maintaining the company website, as well as any other sites developed by WRT Group. He also worked in the Art Department, developing Print and Video media.
- Creating Plasma screen ads with durations of 10, 20, or 30 seconds (Scala Infochannel)
- Working with and formatting video/audio correctly for Plasma screens
- Print design and formatting for printing press (Adobe Illustrator)
- Communicating with senior managers, responding to requests on the direction of the Company Website
- Successfully working to strict briefs from customers, often with little or no artwork
Feb 2003 - Dec 2004
Web Designer DWP - Civil Service/Government, Blackpool UK
During this time Jason maintained existing websites and pages on the staff Intranet team. He was quickly promoted (within a month of being employed) to work on the Creative Design Team. From there he created websites, interactive e-learning products and general Graphic Design for the team.
- Maintaining a large Intranet site of +10,000 pages (Dreamweaver/Fireworks)
- Communication skills, liaising with senior managers from different Departments
- Creating sample media (Interactive Flash CD Roms) for senior management
- Working as an integral part of a team by maintaining and distributing workload
- Applying Accessibility, Usability and Web Standards to all websites
- Adhering to strict Government branding guidelines and Intranet specification
Company: NBC Camps UK
Description: Ten page website to promote Basketball training in the UK. Also included an online shop to sell training products.
Company: NBC Camps
Description: Design and build of website with e-commerce facility
Company: Integrated CFO Solutions
Description: Design and build of website
Project Value based on hourly rate
Company: Work & Travel Company
Creation of website, designs
Ongoing periodic maintenance
Project Value is based on an hourly rate.
Company: Everyday RSA
Description: Project Value was based on an hourly rate
Included an online booking facility and admin backend. Trained Sylvia in the usage of admin area via skype.
Company: Bespoke Pools Spas
Description: Build of new website, development of branding, logo and stationery.
Education Summary: Sep 1998 - Jun 2001
Blackpool & the Fylde College (BA (Hons) Graphic Design)
Included Photography, Illustration, Art History, IT, Graphic Design, Typography and Package Design. Whilst at College Jason also worked at 2am Design in Thornton-Cleveleys for four weeks. This was a small company which dealt mostly with promotional material for 'First Leisure', part of the Blackpool Tourism Board. He found the Design team there great to work with, and learned a lot about print processes. He also worked for two weeks at J Walther Thompson, an advertising company based in Manchester.
Sep 1996 - Jul 1998
Blackpool & the Fylde College (BTEC National Diploma Graphic Design)
Foundation course prior to Graphic Design Degree. Included Photography, Illustration,
Art History, IT, Graphic Design, Typography, Package Design
Jul 1995 - Aug 1996
Fylde Training (NVQ Lvl 2 Information Technology)
New Skills: General IT Training, Windows, Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Fylde Training (NVQ Lvl 2 Administration)
New Skills: General Office duties, filing techniques, telephone and communication skills, managing workload