- Hartlepool, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
A highly motivated, reliable and competent writer, editor, and tutor. Currently working as an online Tutor specialising in Lean, Business and Administration, and English. Alsomore...A highly motivated, reliable and competent writer, editor, and tutor. Currently working as an online Tutor specialising in Lean, Business and Administration, and English. Also currently working voluntary as an Editorial Board Executive, Copywriter, Blogger, and also Volunteer Coordinator for a publishing house. I love writing, reading, and walking. I write articles for my blog regularly, along with short stories, articles and academic papers. I like to read Gothic, fantasy, and crime novels, but also enjoy watching television and writing reviews. I always want to learn and try new things so I make time to teach myself to do something – like HTML for instance, or I complete an online course. I enjoy trips to the cinema with my family along with family movie nights in.
I graduated with English and Creative Writing BA (hons) in 2014, and in September 2016, I will have completed MA in English Studies. I currently run my own family and lifestyle blog, publish my own online magazine aimed at writers, and I also work on a voluntary basis for my Universities publishing house in which I manage HR issues and processes within the Press, as well as coordinating the volunteers, and commissioning and rejecting submissions as a member of the Editorial Board. I have been trained and worked within all press related roles: copywriting, editing, proofreading, typesetting, and also social media, PR and Marketing. I'm currently an administrator of the academic blog too, and I edit, proofread, and typeset accepted submissions. I have also recently completed online courses in Journalism, Marketing, and Corpus Linguistics.
I have also guest blogged, written articles for academic style blogs, and I also have some short stories published within collections.
I have excellent writing skills, English skills, IT skills, social media and networking skills, along with qualifications to compliment them. I have a wide range of work, writing, and life experience and I am very business minded.
My key skills and qualities are:
Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet targets/deadlines.
Computer Literate – Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint and Publisher.
Excellent researching, proofreading, typesetting, and editing skills.
Strong writing skills, along with a portfolio of published work. Also a regular blogger/guest blogger.
For a current list of publications, please visit: http://ramblesrantswritingsblog.com/my-publications-and-projects/
Excellent Team leading skills and experience, with the ability to encourage and motivate others.
The ability to read, comprehend and assess pieces of work, giving robust feedback in response.
Good knowledge and experience of social media promotion, including designing, running, and maintaining websites and blogs.
Effective communication skills (verbal and written), with a strong aptitude for English.
Ability to produce innovative, accurate, and fresh marketing material.
Several years of administration experience in different environments.
A team player but equally capable of working alone, using initiative
Friendly, approachable and able to fit in to any working environment.
Effective tutor/assessor skills and the ability to produce written training and instructional material.
I have put three of my most recent jobs below:
Jan 2016 – Ongoing Spectral Visions Press HR, Volunteer, and Editorial Board Executive (Voluntary)
Still working within Spectral Visions Press, with the University of Sunderland, in an executive position.
• Manage, coordinate, and appoint volunteers, team leaders, and deputy team leaders.
• Commission any submissions to the press. Review, accept or reject as necessary.
• Manage the publication projects and the student/volunteers involved to monitor progression.
• Copy-edit publications to check that they comply with standards and legal requirements.
• Develop publication and press related processes.
• Ensure all volunteers are trained in their role within the press.
• Other duties include copywriting, editing, typesetting, and proofreading. I still write stories, articles and reviews for publication, as well as informational documents, training materials and processes – all press related.
Jan 2015 – Jan 2016 Spectral Visions Press Team Leader for Copywriting Team (Voluntary position)
Working as team leader for the Copywriting team of Spectral Visions Press, with the University of Sunderland.
• Distributing work amongst the team received from the Editors in Chief and the magazine, the newsletter and any other projects linked with the publishing house.
• Chairing Copywriting team meetings and relay relevant information from the Team Leader meeting.
• Supporting the Team, ensuring they are trained and have access to training, setting deadlines and also checking and submitting work to the relevant parties.
• Keeping records of who is completing tasks and ensuring deadlines are being met.
• Writing a range of different pieces: articles, reviews and stories as per requests from Editors.
• As admin on the SV blog, I edit, proofread, and typeset blog posts written by other students.
Jun 2012 – Ongoing Self-Employed Working as a Tutor and Internal Moderator
Working as a self-employed tutor and Internal Moderator of Business and Administration and LEAN.
• Online Assessor/Tutor for Vision 2 Learn – Supporting 100 students in Business and Administration NCFE Level 2 linked to several colleges. Marking assessments, giving advice and feedback to students.
• Online Internal Moderator for 4 tutors – Taking part in internal moderation of students, authorising new tutors feedback to students, completing internal moderation reports.
• Freelance Private English Tuition for students aged 6-18 (Key stage 1 – A Level)
• Attending necessary meetings with my customers (standardisation meetings etc…)
• Keeping financial records, invoicing customers, and managing the business bank account.
• Creating training resources to support learners.
Tutor/Assessor of English, Business and Administration, and Lean