- Harefield, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
public affairs - political liaison, public relations, events organisation and management, copywriting, speech writing and general virtual office services
Area Covered: London,more...public affairs - political liaison, public relations, events organisation and management, copywriting, speech writing and general virtual office services
Area Covered: London, the South East and Cumbria/Lancashire
Work Experience Summary:
• Highly successful media and public affairs strategy and implementation for the Offender Training and Employment Programme led by National Grid • a CSR initiative involving over 80 FTSE 100 companies, the Home Office and Probation Service and 50 prisons. Significant national press coverage achieved. Significant Government support achieved • endorsed by the Prime Minister, Chancellor, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Home Affairs Committee, Education and Skills Committee and numerous MPs. Substantial funding from Government Departments and Corporates achieved.
• Successful media and public affairs strategy for CRED • a work-based learning programme for under-achieving 14-16 year olds. Funding for 3 years from DfES achieved.
• Media coverage, local MP and wider political support achieved for performing arts college’s productions in a professional theatre. House of Commons launch, publicity material, advertising and support of National Theatre secured.
• Lobbied on London Local Authorities and Transport for London Bill; resulting in the abandonment of two clauses achieving significant cost savings [in excess of £1 billion]
• Completed an EU-wide lobbying campaign on the Gas Directive which resulted in the inclusion of key Lattice amendments
• Defined public affairs strategies for Transco; securing high level government involvement and changes in capital allowances for heat leasing schemes in 1999 budget
• Secured Prime Minister Support for BG’s proposed acquisition & development of gas field off Palestine • instrumental in the success of the project
Designed and implemented a series of business development roadshows in conjunction with DTI
Education Summary: MA English
public relations/events management