- Staines, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
More than ten years experience in press and public relations built up in commercial PR, the highest levels of government and the public sector. I have great writing skills alongmore...More than ten years experience in press and public relations built up in commercial PR, the highest levels of government and the public sector. I have great writing skills along with proven success in managing media relations and providing engaging web content.
Over the ten years I have worked in public relations I have dealt with a large variety of media issues, ranging from launches of low carbon products to promoting new encouraging the public to eat their 5-a-day.
My writing skills are first-rate and I can provide succinct, easy to read copy for a wide variety of media. I have a great deal of experience writing, including magazine articles, web content, newsletters, press releases and statements.
The information I am tasked with communicating is from a diverse range of complex source material, often vague and written in confusing, technical language, which the general public and journalists tend not to fully understand. I put this information into plain English, getting the key messages across in easy to read, lively copy.
I have used my news sense to create interesting and fresh angles for feature articles to promote policies or products. I have sold-in and written feature articles to trade publications, specialist press and newspapers. These articles have been attributed to government ministers, company CEOs and other senior staff.
I have successfully worked with local, national and international journalists at all levels. I have worked closely with trade editors and journalists, building up a vital contacts list. Key to my successes has been the ability to present a story in a way that appeals to journalists, and provide them with a full story package so they can create a great article.
My skills are versatile and I can guarantee great results if I am chosen for a job.
Thank you for your consideration.
Area Covered: UK
Job Title: Communications Manager - contract
Description: All communications activity for Community Health Services and internal communications for the Primary Care Trust, including:
· Developing and implementing strategy communicating the complex changes being implemented in the NHS to internal and external audiences through a range of media
· Media relations, writing press releases and statements
· Organising staff and public engagement events
· Planning and delivering patient and public campaigns
· Web content management, reviewing and writing website content
· Key achievement: communicating the changes happening in the NHS to public and staff in a clear and easy to understand way.
Job Title: Senior Press Officer - contract
Company: Government environment body
Description: Lead press officer for Southern region (Kent and Sussex)
· Researching, writing and distributing press releases
· Dealing with media enquiries and writing press statements
· Writing for web
· Expertise in environmental issues and low carbon initiatives gained
· Key achievement: credited with increasing positive media coverage by more than 30%
Job Title: Account Manager
Description: · Creating and implementing PR plans, campaigns and strategies
· Selling in, creating and writing, feature articles in key media titles
· Writing material for media consumption including press releases
· Writing content for newsletters and websites
· Promoted low carbon, energy efficient initiaives and products in trade media
· Key achievement: promotion of low carbon product portfolio through trade and local media
Job Title: Press Officer - freelance
Company: mayor of major UK city
Description: · Proactive and reactive media relations on transportation issues
· Writing press releases and statements
· Responding to media enquiries
· Key achievement: successfully launching CO2 Charge to international audience
PR and Communications Manager