- Preston, GB
- £40 /hr
- Available now
I have worked as a trainer and consultant for over 7 years and have 15 years experience as a social worker. My background initially began in Amsterdam in a residential home,more...I have worked as a trainer and consultant for over 7 years and have 15 years experience as a social worker. My background initially began in Amsterdam in a residential home, then i worked in New York for a charity called association to benefit children, then later on i trained in child protection, adoption and fostering, and then i worked for 5 years in CAMHS. I was a director of a CAMHS service and now I currently own my company where i specialise in training, consultancy specialsing in children's issues, youth issues, and equality and diversity issues. I also undertake regular direct work with children. I design a wide variety of training for the health and social care in relation to the above. I enjoy training and facilitaing and am a very bubbly and confident character who has upto date experience of training in the health and social care arena in particular relation to working with chlldren.
Area Covered: Nationally.
Work Experience Summary: Recent Training Assignments include:
General Training to children's workforce in regards to children's issues
• In 2008, I facilitated a child mental health awareness course for Asian women at the University of Bolton as part of the Aim Higher Project.
• Between 2008-2010 I was the Project Manager for a CAMHS initiative based in schools and had designed a range of CAMHS training and consultancy tools for teachers and classroom assistants.
• Between 2007- I had trained over 100 mosque staff to help them understand the needs of children and families. I worked specifically with professionals who were employed by the mosque as they did not have access to child mental health practitioners.
• Currently I am designing a child and adolescent mental health training module and as from May 28th I will be delivering this training to groups of parents, foster carers and those who work and have contact with children providing them with a basic awareness of child and adolescent mental health.
• I have over 8 years experience of working and having knowledge of CAMH services as I have worked for both Preston CAMHS, Manchester CAMHS and was Project Manager for a CAMH service until 2010.
• I now facilitate a wide variety of training to those who work with children and families across the children’s workforce including those work in social services, health, police and now predominantly parents and foster carers in the Lancashire area.
Education Summary: I have various qualifications to support my application to become a trainer that are split into academic, leadership and general courses:
Academic Qualifications include:
MA in Social Work
University of Wales, Bangor
Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work
University of Wales, Bangor
BA (Hons) Race and Ethnic Studies with Education,
University of Central Lancashire and University of Amsterdam
Therapeutic Qualifications include:
Certificate in Webster Stratton Parent Training, the Incredible Years
Certificate in Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Brief Therapy Practice, London
12 Week Training Course in Child Psychiatry, University of Manchester
1 year Child Psychotherapy Training, Dr. Adrian Sutton, Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Winnicott Centre, Manchester
Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
University of Manchester
Certificate in Family Therapy
Merseyside Psychotherapy Institute, Liverpool
Leadership and Training Qualifications include:
Management Development Programme for Children’s Services
Virtual Staff College, Manchester,
LEAD, Leadership Course 2009-2010, Runshaw College, Preston.Leadership and Management Course
Children’s Workforce Development Council (ongoing)
Leadership Course, Phoenix Business Consultants
April 17th-19thApril 2009, De Veres Hotel, Crewe
New Entrepreneur Scholarship (NES)
Business Planning Course, University of Central Lancashire (2007)
Childrens Consultant and Trainer