- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Over a 21-year period Jamie has worked in senior financial and commercial roles in major UK and International retail and retail related businesses. This period ismore...Jamie Ross
Over a 21-year period Jamie has worked in senior financial and commercial roles in major UK and International retail and retail related businesses. This period is highlighted by 11 years at The Walt Disney Company working across retail and licensing. He is known as a team player that delivers above and beyond expectations, and is a very process driven professional. He has worked alongside senior business executives to build robust, clear strategies that deliver financial growth.
His ability to communicate clearly with non-financial people has enabled him to build collaborative relationships and networks across all functions of business. This coupled with an awareness and respect for other people and cultures mean he is extremely well suited to manage significant change management and financial processes.
• 11 years (5 years at Director) in a global media company covering licensing and retail.
• Set, measured and post analysed a number of variably sized strategic options at retail (remodels, new stores, closure viabilities) and licensing (new franchises, category and retail)
• Portfolio financial management across many business units, franchise and properties.
• Multi-business sector experience including:
• Implemented integrated financial processes in multi-market business including major change management process by implementing SAP
• Supply chain management for licensing to help maximise revenue capture for the licensor
• Redesigned and implemented a significant shift in management information, including market analysis and decision-support tools to improve identification and targeting of:
âž¢ Profitability in key retail accounts, business units and franchises
âž¢ Highlighting risks and opportunities to the business
âž¢ Licensee performance
âž¢ Store profitability
âž¢ Return on Investment analyses
• Developed and then enhanced operational KPI reporting across a European retailer using a simple layout approach to enable non-financial users to be able to spot areas for improvement and implement changes to management incentives
• Deep and detailed understanding of all areas of accountancy and back of house functions including:
âž¢ Cash and banking
âž¢ Stock management
âž¢ Margin analysis and supply chain management
âž¢ Store and other variable labour costs
âž¢ Financial Reporting and Analysis
Recent specific roles
He has held senior positions in both financial and commercial capacities. He was the Finance Director for Disney Consumer Products in the UK, and previously was the Finance Director for Disney Consumer Products, Home EMEA.
Area Covered: London, Home Counties