- London, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
I am a professional proofreader, writer and editor with 15 years of experience in helping authors write better prose. I am based in London, UK. I work in all fiction genres, non-fiction,more...I am a professional proofreader, writer and editor with 15 years of experience in helping authors write better prose. I am based in London, UK. I work in all fiction genres, non-fiction, academic, technical and commercial text.
- Check for spelling, punctuation, grammar, misuse of words, repetition and clarity of expression
- Plot, structure, character, pace, tension, conflict, reader engagement.
- Opening hook. Does the first page capture the reader? How about the first paragraph? How about the first sentence?
- Fix issues concerning Show not tell, info dumps, POV inconsistency, repetition.
- Improve flow, scene-building, atmosphere, emotions, imagery.
- Address issues specific to your genre.
- Rework your copy to address readability and clarity.
- Rearrange or cut copy to fit your desired layout or word count.
- Take your existing marketing material and streamline it for your website, in order to optimise a web page, improve your message, and capture your readers' attention.
- I've worked on large e-marketing campaigns, SEO and website content for clients in the dating, insurance, research and retail industries, helping to bring separate businesses into the Hitwise Top 10 UK listings.
- I have ghostwritten a few books and work with authors, creative writers, journalists and bloggers to improve their writing and polish up their content.
Writer, Editor and Proofreader
I have learned more from James' editing than I thought possible. In terms of work, he goes above and beyond what is asked and I would recommend him to anyone who needs critical and well-articulated feedback for writing. Truly an exceptional editor.
I'm very glad to have helped George with his novel. It has been a fun, lively and fast-paced project and he has been responsive, communicative and very easy to work with. Best of luck with the writing and I look forward to seeing the finished product in due course!