- Evesham, GB
- £50 /hr
- Available now
Comprehensive IT systems professional
I have spent a total of 15 years of which 10+ were professional business experience and the rest working with and building/configuringmore...Comprehensive IT systems professional
I have spent a total of 15 years of which 10+ were professional business experience and the rest working with and building/configuring computers/servers and testing BETA's etc. since I was 14. I.T. is my passion! I am self-taught and the advantage of this is that I can learn new things as and when required or as I prefer ahead of time, although that doesn’t stop me watching training videos to learn more and expand upon my knowledge in spare time. My ability to learn and understand IT has led me to great progression in my career.
I started as an IT Account Manager, and since I have been responsible for different company’s systems/budgets and held diverse roles.
I continuously improve services and aim to negotiate the best deals/systems in order to save businesses money.
I strive to stay up to date with the latest technological developments in order to better suite businesses and clients, as well as expanding my expertise and knowledge.
I look ahead and am not afraid to implement long term, money saving projects. I was awarded by BVI for managing crisis situations, going above and beyond out of hours and maintaining business functions/continuity (Special Achievement Recognition Awards).
I take pride in the quality of my work. It is necessary for me to accomplish, improve and exceed.
- Worked on MOD secret project with associated clearance / High level encryption (Ability to work with sensitive & confidential data)
- Migrated and merged European business acquisition single handedly (migrated data of admin teams, sales teams, customer services and other remote offices etc. secured the networks and data as well as connecting all to international infrastructure including phone and messaging system)
- Deployed international phone system (cost savings [at least £10k at BVI & £18k in Quanta per year] and better collaboration)
- Deployed Lync internationally and Skype for Business locally (improved instant communication, saved money on phone calls and 3rd party conferencing as well as providing video and screen sharing sessions)
- Negotiations of contracts and services (only at Quanta: e.g. call packages (negotiated free UK national and mobile packages), hardware savings (e.g. £4k savings a year on printers and got one free printer) mobile telecoms, Internet services (£14k savings)
- Deployed Infrastructure/Hyper-V cloud solution in Northampton datacentre for Telecom company hosting phone servers, normal servers and desktops for clients.
- Deployed Office 365 Business Premium including Skype for Business after migrating from Exchange 2007 for construction company.
- Emergency Backup generator project (power cuts affected data and manufacturing facilities. Successful project)
- Built on interpersonal skillset and ability to deal with people on all levels (Line Management)
- Working with external stakeholders and 3rd party's (Negotiation and Teamwork)
- Project Management (From conception to implementation)
- Comprehensive system management (from all software to hardware)
- Security of hardware, software and data (Encryption, best practices etc.)
- Innovation / Continuous improvement (as mentioned above I am self taught, and I am always keeping an eye on new technology and IT solutions, continually reviewing current services in order to gain better deals e.g. switching providers or improve service to my user base or company)
- Written Company Policies (IT General Use, Mobile, Social Media, BYOD etc.)
- Budgeting (full responsibility for IT budget at BVI & Quanta Fluid Solutions)
- Long term IT Strategy
- Multinational/Multilingual end user support (UK, USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Poland, India, Japan and Australia).
I offer both personal and business tailored IT support and solutions.
Business IT solutions
I provide “best in class” hardware, software and cloud solutions. I recognise how quickly technology can change and how difficult it can be for a business to choose the right solution for their specific needs. I provide independent guidance to help you make intelligent choices whether your an existing/expanding business or just getting started.
Personal IT solutions
I provide consumer friendly advice and solutions to match your requirements. From simple PC/MAC or Laptop setup’s and repairs, data recovery, virus removal, internet advice and assistance, wireless, mobile phone and printer support, antivirus, software installation, application support, email setup, scanners, fax plus much more.