- Brighton, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
STRATEGIC ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT and HR LEADER with multiple specialisations • details below.
(note: I am new to freelance and do not yet have feedback or portfolio. Howevermore...STRATEGIC ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT and HR LEADER with multiple specialisations • details below.
(note: I am new to freelance and do not yet have feedback or portfolio. However my most recent formal assessment is available to you with detailed evaluations of my work habits, quality assessments and accomplishments.)
HR and Organisational Development Specialist available to work within my field or do any number of office and business support/admin functions.
Organisational Development expert with specialisations in Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Talent Management and others. Extensive experience and a talent for creating people strategies in alignment with corporate objectives. Plays key strategic role, partnering with executives and providing thought leadership to improve company performance. Develops and manages initiatives that increase employee engagement, establish leadership bench strength and optimise organisational performance. Areas of expertise include: • Leadership Development • Leadership and soft-skills Training Design and Delivery • Relationship Management • Change Management • Training and Facilitation Employee Engagement • Learning & Development • Benchmarking • People Leadership • Programme Management • Ethical Practices • Talent Management • Global Organisations • Research & Analysis • Cultural Transformation • Performance Management • Employer Branding and Value Proposition.
Area Covered: London, Southern Home Counties and main-line corridor to Brighton
Work Experience Summary: AMERICAN EXPRESS, United Kingdom and United States, for 18 years, a leading global financial and travel services company with tens of thousands of employees worldwide.
Manager, Global Employee Engagement (EMEA: 2006-2008) Spearheaded delivery of internal consulting services to improve leadership practices and increase employee engagement survey results for the Global Finance division. Led team of regional managers who partnered with geographically distributed business groups to implement employee engagement initiatives. Created and implemented strategies to align corporate objectives with regional people practices. Designed and implemented numerous programmes and practices to improve performance, launching new employee engagement model, global action network and leader sponsorship programmes. Guided evolution of employee engagement model and standards. Directed twice-annual survey, overseeing vendor’s results processing and advising strategic decision-making at executive level. Managed budgets. Devised communication strategies and managed change. Managed key relationships. Led Employee Engagement Action Network and guided senior leaders and other stakeholders in effective leadership and engagement practices. Provided development and transformation support for underperforming units and leaders.
• Transformed engagement in historically underperforming German market, improving results in all dimension measurements by an average of 47%.
• Developed and implemented improvement process targeting lowest performing 10% of leaders, successfully moving all out of lowest 10% category upon subsequent measurement.
• Played key role in Global Finance group’s exceeding all annual employee survey goals; it was the only group that achieved this distinction.
• Drove double-digit improvements in all leadership-driven dimensions for Global Finance.
• Was instrumental in company’s being designated 1 of the top 20 large companies to work for by the Sunday Times as well as additional honours for employee commitment and leadership levels.
• Consistently exceeded expectations and was individually recognised as a top performer, providing leadership consulting to top business unit executive.
Manager, UK / EMEA Training (EMEA: 2005-2006) Led training design and delivery team of 22 employees while simultaneously restructuring the group and portfolio of services. Forged and maintained productive relationships with customers and vendors. Managed budgets and allocated resources. Oversaw global training improvement projects.
• Exceeded all budget and quality requirements for team restructuring project. Saved £500K in the first year via headcount reductions, streamlined processes and vendor cost reductions while maintaining quality standards and service delivery - achieving approx 25% customer satisfaction increase.
• Spearheaded development of training and design function dashboard to monitor performance. This tool was ultimately adopted globally by additional business units.
• Effectively managed change to successfully re-launch team and service delivery methods.
Manager, EMEA Excellence in Leadership (EMEA: 2005) Led team of Leadership Development managers and specialists providing leadership development and employee engagement expertise to top executives of 7 European customer service centres, which covered 22 markets. Managed relationships with senior clients. Served as thought leader and played key role in developing strategy to achieve measurable improvement in leadership performance and employee survey results. Coached members of European employee engagement network on effective processes.
• Drove 8% improvement in survey results across markets, by developing Leadership Clusters programme to improve leader performance and creating engagement action network.
• Developed “DIY” tools to ensure continuity of benefits as this service was eliminated.
Manager, Leadership Development (USA: 1998-2004) Managed 4 Leadership Development Consultants providing leadership and employee engagement consulting to 1K leaders. Aligned initiatives with the corporate leadership and competency models. Developed effective leadership practices as well as overall strategies, focusing on scalable solutions that could be widely adopted. Monitored individual leader and group performance, mentoring leaders and offering career development coaching. Managed key stakeholder and client relationships. Promoted business, measured outcomes and adjusted consulting services accordingly.
• Created/launched the Leadership Academy, a comprehensive leadership development institution that improved leadership practices by 20% and was later adopted by the 4 other US service centres. This has now run for 11 years.
• Launched major personal accountability initiative, which reached 17K leaders and employees.
• Established succession planning and talent management system for the 5 US service centres and integrated it with supporting processes.
• Facilitated 10K hours of leadership workshops and processes, designing or redesigning approximately 15 programmes.
• Produced 2 annual Leadership Conference events attended by 1K leaders.
• Recognised for “leaving a legacy of continual learning and personal accountability”
CAREER NOTE: Past job history includes posts as Business Analyst, Counsellor and Coach, Manager of Team Development and Training, Banking, Insurance and Retail. Details are available upon request.
Education Summary: EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Counselling and Clinical Hypnotherapy MH, (CBBS), HMI - Los Angeles
Radio / Television Broadcasting Certification, Brown Institute - Ft Lauderdale
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator • Barr-On Emotional Quotient Instrument • Firo-B Johari • Window • Leadership Readiness Assessor
Extensive list of certifications and master certifications in tools, processes and workshops as well as a list of technical proficiencies:
Qualified to Use these Psychometric and evaluation Instruments:
Myers Brigs Type Indicator - Licensed Practitioner
Firo-B • Licensed Practitioner
Barr-on EQi • Advisor
Leadership Readiness Process - Assessor
Courses and Training Certifications
Note: Certified means qualified to train the program
Mater Certified means qualified to certify new trainers in the program
(brackets indicate certifying or training body)
Consultants’ Workshop (High Involvement Workshops)
Effective Classroom Instruction (Practical management Inc)
Career Continuation Program (Drake Beam Morin),
Adult Learning Workshop (Certified American Express)
Employment Law and Performance Management (Certified American Express)
Managing Ambiguity (Certified American Express)
Collaboration (Certified American Express)
Effective Group Decision Making (Certified American Express)
New Leaders Orientation (Certified American Express)
Situational Leadership (Certified American Express)
Valuing Diversity (Certified American Express)
Valuing Diversity, Practicing Inclusion (Certified American Express)
Selection Without Bias (Certified American Express)
Communicating Feedback (Certified American Express)
Teaching Teams to Trust (Certified American Express)
Why Didn’t I Think Of That (Certified American Express)
Change Management Process (Certified American Express)
Leading Change at Every Level (Certified American Express)
Strategies to Manage Change (Certified American Express)
Change Management: How to (Certified Certified American Express)
Approaches to Handling Conflict (Certified American Express)
Love em or Lose em (Certified Beverly Kaye and Associates)
Leadership Readiness Process Assessor (Master Certified American Express)
Building on Your Abilities (Master Certified Beverly Kaye and Associates)
TRP • Becoming the Totally Responsible Person (Master Certified TRP Enterprises)
Understanding Employee Engagement (Master Certified American Express)
Engaging Ideas for New Leaders (Master Certified American Express)
Training Products I Designed
You Can Lead em To Water (coaching)
Make Your Point (communicating difficult messages)
Leading Change at Every Level (change management)
Change Management Toolkit (change management)
Strategies to Manage Change (change management)
Emerging Generations (managing multiple generations)
Developing Competency Based Learning Tracks (development strategies)
Development Planning Workshop (development planning)
Understanding Employee Engagement (new Amex employee engagement model)
Engaging Ideas for New Leaders (employee engagement approach for leaders)
BIO/GC/MOD training materials (business process trainings)
TRP • Becoming the Totally Responsible Person (personal accountability)
Teaching Teams to Trust (trust in teams)
Why Didn’t I Think of That? (creativity)
Payment Centers’ Teams Training Curriculum (Self-directed Work Teams)
J W Bill G.
HR/Organisational Development Specialist