- Sofia, BG
- $33 /hr
- Available now
I can't say for sure but I have the impression that very few people (if any) in the IT field have read the "Message to Garcia" by Elbert Hubbard. I have read itmore...I can't say for sure but I have the impression that very few people (if any) in the IT field have read the "Message to Garcia" by Elbert Hubbard. I have read it and I dare to consider myself one of the people, who are able to "bring the message".
There always will be someone who is more creative, knows more or works faster than me. I am aware of that and I accept it. Still, I am quite confident of being a better prepared professional than the average IT guy.
I have over 20 years of experience in programming, database modelling, system design and architecture, business processes analyses and automation, basic accounting principles, Linux / OpenSolaris administration, Asterisk (FreePBX) configuration.
I have successfully solved various business-related software and hardware challenges. Being able to combine both low-level and high-level allows me to work on wide range of tasks. I have reverse engineered and fully decompiled about a dozen Delphi components and desktop applications.
Assembler was my 2nd language (after BASIC) and my first significant application was a player for tracker music entirely written in Assembler - with bass/treble digital filters.
I like digging deeper and understanding the root cause. I am quite good at debugging and troubleshooting - and this is not an empty claim.
Some of my achievements:
- developed 2 full-blown ERPs (for Walltopia and Composite-X)
- developed 2 accounting / warehousing applications with OLAP reporting and hierarchical multi-dimensional accounts
- developed Windows service for logging Skype chats in real-time
- ported one large application (Interactive Delphi Reconstructor) from Borland CBuilder to Delphi
- implemented a company-wide real-time backup solution using Yadis or Bvckup, Samba and NappIT on OpenIndiana
- developed Linux daemon for controlling LED strips based on WS2811 through TCP/UDP socket
- developed combined CDR reporting, matching information from the local Asterisk PBX with billing information from the VoIP providers
- implemented Linux daemon for reading SMDR/CDR data from Panasonic PBX TDA-200 and storing in MySQL with reporting capabilities
- developed custom reporting module for a 3rd party security access control system and integrated it with the in-house ERP system
I choose my clients as carefully as you choose your freelancers. I value honesty, respect, good communication, good sense of humor, intelligence, modesty, kindness, generosity.
I prefer to develop from scratch custom business solutions automating the workflow of small businesses. My previous experience with the 2 ERP systems I already developed (and which are used 24/7 by customers and employees) is of enormous benefit. I feel truly happy when I am able to help a client by removing the burden and simplifying the workflow.
What can you expect from me:
- educating and explaining the things which are too technical and unfamiliar to you
- asking good questions
- providing meaningful advices and recommendations
- not trying to suck more money by finding extra work like bug-fixing and refactoring existing code
- understanding your real business needs and goals
- keeping you from making worthless or unwise expenses
- excellent responsiveness
- taking precautions against damaging your data
- really listening to you and your problems
- acknowledging my faults and not blaming others for them
- enjoying good jokes
- not quietly disappearing after faced with some tough challenge
- honestly admitting when I do not know something or not being qualified enough
- not over-complicating the solution
- being available for support and further assistance after the final deployment