- Brighton, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I’m a communications and stakeholder engagement specialist with eight years of experience in communications and marketing roles with Oxfam GB, and seven years of engagement/research/consultationmore...I’m a communications and stakeholder engagement specialist with eight years of experience in communications and marketing roles with Oxfam GB, and seven years of engagement/research/consultation experience in local authorities and the NHS.
Use me for quick (but brilliant) input when you're planning a comms/engagement programme. Or because you want someone used to writing for providing diverse audiences. Or perhaps you just want quick feedback on some comms/engagement plans to make them better or make sure you've got them right.
I’m experienced in developing, implementing and monitoring communications and marketing strategies across the mix (on-line, direct mail, PR, catalogues, e-newsletters) and in developing and writing printed and on-line materials for a variety of purposes.
I've a Masters (University of London) that included social research methods, I love a bit of analysis and making recommendations based on that analysis, and write clear and readable reports based on feedback/evidence/research (I've been published in refereed academic journals and also write weekly for completely lay audiences).
If anything here sounds like it might be of interest, I can probably help, and am happy to discuss.
Area Covered: Utterly dependent on size of project and need. Home base/office in Brighton.
Work Experience Summary: My specialisms are the international development, health, public, education and youth sectors, but I’m able to transfer my skills and experience to working with different audiences as appropriate.
I’ve experience of managing and implementing many elements of the marketing and communications mix:
- Writing and copy-writing • press releases, direct mail, letters, news pieces, reports, articles, biographies, books, abstracts, teaching resources;
- Editing and proofreading;
- Market research • including developing and analysing questionnaires on and off-line;
- Outreach strategy development • networking and support for partners/networks, including devising and writing newsletters and other client communications, on- and off-line;
- Project management • of print publications, web sites/pages, catalogue production and distribution, including working closely with or managing designers, copywriters, and print production staff.
Communications, engagement and research professional