- London, GB
- £75 /hr
- Available now
Specialist in the creation and leadership of “evidence-based” public affairs and research activities for a variety of commercial companies and not-for-profit organisations workingmore...Specialist in the creation and leadership of “evidence-based” public affairs and research activities for a variety of commercial companies and not-for-profit organisations working in the property, media, political, and education sectors.
1] A range of research services including proposal analysis, research commissioning, project management, and delivery processing including design and print services,
2] Public affairs campaign strategies, organisation and successful delivery, with experience of running public affairs initiates on a variety of built environment issues, social and regional development issues,
3] A range of proven research abilities and skills applicable to any subject or arena. Previous projects have included research across the built environment including sustainability, development and design, and international research. Economic and social research, international affairs and political research.
4] Political and policy impact studies covering both domestic and international policy issues,
5] Developed knowledge of the UK political system, the Eastern European political system, and South-east Asia's political and economic
Area Covered: UK and Europe
Work Experience Summary: EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
• Member of the Board & Management Executive, working closely with Chief Executives on all aspects of the development & growth of two different major UK built environment organisations
• Managing the international strategy’ with initiatives to raise membership and public affairs profile across European Union,
• Instituted a nationwide launch strategy for our flagship policy & research products,
• Devised and project managed a corporate social responsibility strategy including environmental management system leading towards accreditation of ISO 14001,
• Devised several successful public affairs campaigns on various aspects of design, planning, transport, and sustainability - our 2007 campaign on the 20% renewables policy in London significantly altered Draft London Plan,
• Cultivated an industry leading green’ public affairs agenda with strong press impacts,
• Created several interest group alliances boosting lobbying capacity, particularly in Brussels,
• Significantly raised UK Parliamentary profile and created regional policy strategy to raise my client organisation's profile in the Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly,
• Managed expanding team, tripled qualitative, quantitative, & best practice outputs, introducing new performance management, competitive tendering, and accounts management system,
• Project manager for a multi-party DTI funded best practice project (£200K), and also for a Carbon Trust environmental benchmarking project (£350K),
• Partnership creation and joint ventures across the sector with property organisations, e.g. the RICS and BPF, and with public sector bodies, e.g. DTI and DCLG,
As outlined above I have extensive experience of policy formulation and campaign management, project management, budgetary management, event creation and co-ordination, and research development and practice. Promotions during my career have broadened the current directorship brief to include strategic management roles with prime responsibility for delivering some key cross-organisational business objectives some of which are cited below.
Ideally I would like to apply my public affairs and research expertise and my business management experiences in a higher level but broader executive role.
Education Summary: Cambridge University* 1993 • 1997 Ph.D International Relations
Cambridge University* 1990 • 1991 M.Phil International Politics (Distinction)
UCW Aberystwyth** 1987 • 1990 B.Sc. (Econ) Hons, Upper Second
* At Cambridge and Essex Universities lectured various aspects of international affairs between 1994 and 2000.
**Awarded Elizabeth L Morris Prize • best overall degree performance
Research and Public Affairs Project Management and Delivery