- Glasgow, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I offer expert advice on matters relating to delay to construction projects and provide persuasive reports and analysis of delays to demonstrate or rebut claims for EOT and/ ormore...I offer expert advice on matters relating to delay to construction projects and provide persuasive reports and analysis of delays to demonstrate or rebut claims for EOT and/ or prolongation costs. I have over 25 years experience in the construction and engineering industry and I am qualified to masters level in construction law. I am also a chartered engineer and member of British institution of civil engineers. I am familiar with the EOT provisions in JCT, NEC, ICE, and Fidic standard forms.
Area Covered: worldwide
Work Experience Summary: CONSTRUCTION NAVIGATION SERVICES LTD AND MACKAY ASSOCIATES LTD (1999 • PRESENT)
I have been engaged as a Construction Planning Consultant on various projects and disputes since 1999.
In 2006 I presented a seminar on good planning practice in London for Asta Powerproject.
I was a named Expert Witness for planning and programming matters in an arbitration concerning delays on a building project in England.
I provided forensic planning reports and presented the findings at meetings to support submissions in adjudication proceedings for the following projects:
• Civil works for a flue gas desulphurisation project in South Wales
• Extension of the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow
• Multi-storey office development at Beadon Road, Hammersmith
• PPP schools project, Ayrshire
• Pipework installations at a pharmaceutical project in the north of England
I provided forensic planning analysis reports for planning experts appointed in arbitration and litigation proceedings for the following projects.
• Multi-storey residential developments in Manchester
• The extension of a school in the midlands.
I provided advice and analysis of delay and disruption on live contracts. These include:
• The Scottish Parliament Project
• Redevelopment of a five star hotel in Glasgow
• Waste water treatment projects
• Multi-storey residential projects in Manchester and Liverpool
• The Union Square shopping development, Aberdeen
I provided tender and contract planning support for the following projects:
• A theatre in Leeds
• Multi-storey residential and commercial developments in Manchester (Browns Ltd)
• An exhibition and conference centre in Liverpool (Bovis Lendlease)
• Extensions to Edinburgh, Polmont and Shotts Prisons (Carillion Building Ltd)
• Civil and structural works for multi-storey developments in Scotland (Dunne Group)
• Integrated programming for a wave and tidal energy project (Aquamarine Power)
My work as a consultant planner has involved planning and analysing time issues for a wide variety of projects which have included:
• Wave and tidal energy projects
• Wind farm projects
• Hospital, schools and prison buildings
• Multi-storey steel frame and concrete frame structures and buildings
• Waste and water treatment plants
• Roads and bridges
• Power stations and substations
• Residential, commercial and retail building projects
I am experienced in the preparation of claim analysis documents and reports to demonstrate the cause and effect of events which lead to delay and disruption.
I am highly computer literate and proficient in the use of ASTA Powerproject, Suretrack, Primavera P3 and P6, and Microsoft Project.
O,ROURKE SCOTLAND LTD. (1996 • 1999)
As a Project Manager with O’Rourke Scotland Ltd I managed the construction of a number of groundworks and reinforced concrete structural frame contracts in the central belt of Scotland, these included part of the Buchanan Galleries retail project, the BT headquarters at Altantic Quay, Glasgow and the extension of the domestic pier at Glasgow Airport.
JOHN BROWN ENGINEERING LTD. (1993 • 1996)
As an Assistant Project Manager at John Brown Engineering I managed the design and construction of the civil and building works on two turnkey power station projects in Malaysia.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE. (1985 • 1993)
After leaving university in 1985 I began my career in with a John Laing Construction Ltd working as a site engineer on major roads and bridgeworks contracts. From 1986 to 1990 I worked as a graduate under training agreement with Crouch and Hogg, consulting engineers, where I gained experience in civil design work and the administration of civil works contracts in heavy industrial environments. From 1990 to 1993 I worked as a Senior Engineer and then as a Sub-Agent with Lilley Construction Ltd on industrial and bridge contracts in Grangemouth.
Education Summary: EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
Glasgow University, BSc Civil Engineering (Honours)
Corporate Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)
Strathclyde University, Masters in Construction Law (LLM)
Examination Institution Of Civil Engineers Exam (Part 1 and 2):
“Law & Contract Procedure”
Vocational Courses NEC3 Overview/ Programme Workshop (2010)
Expert Witness Training (3 days) • RICS North (2009)
Construction Programming & Contract Management
Managing Construction Claims & Disputes.
Civil Engineering Law & Contract Procedure
Construction Training Agency)
Construction (Design & Management)
Site Management Safety Training Scheme
(Construction Industry Training Board)
Dissertation (LLM) “The Use Of Programmes In Assessing Extensions Of Time”
Delay Analyst / EOT expert