- Cairo, EG
- $10 /hr
- Available now
I am Hend, a senior software quality engineer in one of the biggest software houses in the middle east, I have experience in testing web applications for US clients specially formore...I am Hend, a senior software quality engineer in one of the biggest software houses in the middle east, I have experience in testing web applications for US clients specially for UTC also I gained experience in testing software products for companies in the gulf
I was an opensource develeper then I shifted my career to testing and I gained the following skills set through my years of experience which are more than 3 years in the testing field:
Responsibilities and Roles:
1. Requirements review and analysis (by reviewing the requirements I can extract business bugs that can be implemented in a better way, i can Figure out incorrect, vague and conflicting requirements as well and work on enhancing the overall requirements)
2. Assist in the analysis of design specifications in order to produce comprehensive test scripts and scenarios for expected results to be performed manually and using automated testing tools.
3. Update test cases based on the discovered business defects and requirements changes.
4. Perform System Testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet design specifications.
5. Perform Functionality Testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements through performing end to end business scenario tests.
6. Write SQL queries for retrieval of required data using SQL developer, SQL server management studio Plus or any other tool.
7. Apply some security checks through manual testing (like checking sql injections)
8. Testing fixes required for reported faults, including tests for possible impacts from changes.
9. Perform Regression Testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
10. Recording of test results by Writing, generating and reviewing software test cases, bugs and scenarios.
11. Ensure all aspects of work meet company quality standards and client expectations with guidance from Test Management.
12. Assist in the estimation of software testing days required and software testing resources required for tasks.
13. Ensure tasks prioritized effectively and testing tasks delivered on time.
15. perform performance testing (HTML testing using YSlow and load testing using WPLT tool)
17. Contribute in conjunction with other members of the team to ensure all software errors are identified and corrected.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of software testing principles, testing processes and methodologies.
2. A good understanding of the software development process.
4. Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Good writing skills (for writing scenarios, test cases, bugs and for documenting test process).
6. Good communications skills.
7. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
8. Ability to work productively as part of an integrated team.
9. Possession of excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
10. Knowledge of Manual and performance testing
11. Experience in working with both models; Agile and waterfall
Senior Software Quality Engineer