- Ashford, GB
- £14 /hr
- Available now
I have been a Legal Secretary/PA since 1984 working in various large London law firms and gaining experience in all types of Litigation, Family law and Employment. During thatmore...I have been a Legal Secretary/PA since 1984 working in various large London law firms and gaining experience in all types of Litigation, Family law and Employment. During that time I have also worked in a marketing department gaining extensive database experience, both user and administrative, in particular with Microsoft Access and Interaction CMS. I have experience in setting up a database on Excel with filter controls for easy data manipulation. I will guarantee to turn work around quickly with accuracy and confidentiality assured. Producing long legal documents is no problem at all. I am able to use all Microsoft systems and have gained MOS certificates from Microsoft in Word Core and Advanced.
I have also recently been approached by a contact who is on a computer course for the first time in her life and is struggling due to the terminology and lack of clear notes. I have undertaken to produce some clear, plain language notes and some hands on one to one training at the contact’s own desk. Although I am not a qualified trainer, I have regularly provided a “Help Desk” service in previous employments and have no difficulty with doing this. I believe in making your computer work for you – not the other way around.
So far I have not been successful in being awarded work on this site and in order to try and "get started" I will guarantee to work the first 2 hours free of charge on any new work that I am awarded.
Area Covered: Any
Work Experience Summary: April 2009 – End of May 2010 - Legal Secretary To 1 Partner And 2 Assistants - Debt Recovery/Litigation
• Dealing with audio typing and diary management
• Making travel and hotel arrangements
• Charge of the firm’s case management database including setting up and maintaining systems, creation of new contacts, housekeeping and maintenance of existing information.
• Designing an in-house marketing database on Microsoft Access and taking sole responsibility for adding and maintaining all contacts. Producing all invitation letters and mailing labels, responding to requests for information from all members of the firm and housekeeping all information to keep it accurate and current.
• Producing customised queries and reports on the information held
• Designing on-line artwork and forms where appropriate
• Drafting own correspondence
• Time recording and production of Letters before Action to debtors, including all necessary calculations of compensation and interest and producing relevant correspondence.
• Keeping all hard copy filing and e-filing up to date on a daily basis
• Client liaison over the telephone and in person
• Responsible for updating of the Firm’s website.
May 2008 – 4 Feb 2009- Legal Secretary To 1 Partner And Two Assistants – Marine Litigation
• Dealing with Audio Typing (from Total Speech Digital Dictation) for all three and diary management for the partner
• Keeping all filing up to date in hard copy as well as e-files
• Organising travel and hotel arrangements – both business and personal
• Liaising with clients and outside third parties
• Drafting all Bills on my own initiative and dealing with overdue payments by producing appropriate chaser letters for signature.
Nov 2005 – April 2008 - Legal Secretary To 1 Partner - Family/Commercial Litigation/Interaction Administrator - Marketing
• Dealing with a highly confidential and pressurised workload
• Audio typing of correspondence from Digital Dictation (Total Speech)
• Email management, complex diary management, organising meetings, extensive overseas travel arrangements and itineraries – reminding the Partner of prior engagements
• Editing and amending long documents
• Organising conferences and liaising extensively with Clients
• Drafting own bills and correspondence and generally ensuring that everything ran smoothly
• Preparing briefs to Counsel and trial bundles
• Assisting one Partner and an Assistant in the Employment department
• Providing long term cover to the Family department typing up long documents, Instructions to Counsel, preparation of bundles, liaising with Counsel, typing of Attendance Notes, dealing with ancillary relief documentation and general overload correspondence.
• I transferred to the role of Interaction Data Steward in March 2007, initially based within Central Records before a decision was made to move the role to the Marketing Department
• I was in charge of the database which included ensuring data was kept up to date and providing reports and customised searches of the data as required throughout the firm.
• During this period I also provided ongoing support and assistance to the Word Processing Department due to sickness absence.
Legal Secretary – Private Client – Contract Position
The workload was heavy and included:
• Audio and copy typing of correspondence from Digital Dictation
• Corresponding with Third parties in connection with administration of estates
• Completion of Inland Revenue Forms
• Updating Estate Accounts on Excel
• Drafting and editing Wills and Codicils
• High volume of Client liaison
• The ability to work on my own initiative was essential
• Maintaining both hard copy and e-filing
• Typing up lists of chattels
• Updating tables documenting client portfolios of stocks and shares.
May 2004 – Jan 2005 - Legal Secretary - Personal Injury And Clinical Negligence
• High volume of audio typing of correspondence from Digital Dictation (Total Speech)
• Editing and amending very long documents using Track Changes and Delta view
• Diary management, arranging meetings, travel and itineraries
• Preparing trial bundles and instructions to Counsel
• Responsible for prioritising own workload
• Dealing with callers and general day-to-day administration duties
June 2003 – May 2004 - Legal Secretary – Family Law And Child Abduction
• Substantial typing load including all correspondence both audio and copy typing
• Typing of long documents
• Preparations of Instructions to Counsel and preparing appropriate Bundles
• Liaising with Counsel’s clerks regarding forthcoming hearings
• Initiating High Court actions in cases of child abduction including production of Originating Applications in relation to Hague Convention work
• Initiating applications for Legal Aid with supporting correspondence.
• Telephone liaison with clients and third parties such as investigators
• Completing all forms in connection with ancillary relief procedures
• All general secretarial duties such as filing, photocopying etc.
English Language, English Literature,
RSA Stage 1 Typewriting
Education Summary: SYSTEMS USED
Word – Advanced, Excel - Intermediate, PowerPoint - Intermediate, Outlook - Advanced, Track Changes, Delta view, Advanced Microsoft Access (Administrative and User level) Microsoft Visio, Comparite, iManage, Docs Open, Time Recording (Elite / White Hill), Interaction CRM Database (Administration and User), Digital Dictation (Big Hand / Total Speech)
MOS Word Core and MOS Word Advanced
Legal Secretary/PA/Virtual Assistant and Database Manager