- Lincoln, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
Currently working as a freelance Writer, CV Consultant and Special Event Management/Design.
With a strong background in writing (copywriting, play scripts, educational material and exam syllabus etc) I am available to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines. Currentlymore...With a strong background in writing (copywriting, play scripts, educational material and exam syllabus etc) I am available to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines. Currently working as a CV Consultant (writing and consulting on CVs, LinkedIn Profiles, Cover letters etc).
As an events planner, I am able to give creative input to design and style an event - or manage the project to a clients specification. I have experience of events and project management in the arts and hospitality industries and have worked on a wide variety of projects. I can co-ordinate successful bespoke events - from children's parties and educational workshops to corporate events and conferences.
Having recently sold my Arts Education business, I am now focussing on freelance work.
Area Covered: -
Job Title: Business Owner - Part-time Stage School
- Own and manage a part-time Stage School delivering high standard of arts education and training
- Design and co-ordinate a wide variety of productions and events (such as shows and external performances, workshops and promotional events)
- Personally writing all business material (advertising copy, promotional material through to play scripts and exam material)
- Manage a high performing team of 12 teachers
- Manage all aspects of the business from sales,administration and finance, advertising and client management, to creative and educational aspects of the curriculum
- Liaise with other businesses, school staff, parents, children and teachers
- Produce, write and direct productions and lead drama workshops
Job Title: Events Co-ordinator
Company: The Burton Waters Club
- Establishing the events department for new luxury Health & Leisure club
- Implementing set up of Wedding, events and conference packages and co-ordinating the logistics for future events.
- Planning and co-ordinating all aspects of the club's Official Opening and promotional events.
- Planning and co-ordinating external events and exhibitions
- Liaising with staff and external companies, handling budgets and working to tight deadlines
Job Title: Freelance Workshop Leader and Co-ordinator
- Planning and delivering educational workshops in schools around the county
- Presenting theme suggestions and writing/planning material to meet client needs
- Sourcing professional team tailored to successfully deliver high standards and meet objectives
- Briefing teachers and ensuring that each team member has full understanding of content and aims for the course.
Job Title: Office Manager & PA
The Grantham Mortgage Centre
- Overseeing all aspects of office management and administration
- Sourcing and implementing a new client management database
- Assisting with mortgage application process, dealing with clients, lenders and solicitors
Advanced Diploma in Special Event Planning and Design (2011 - Present)
Degree: BA Hons (2:1)
Field of Study: English and Drama
University / College: University of Liverpool
Field of Study: Business Planning
University / College: Lincoln College
Freelance Writer, Events Planner, W Workshop Leader