- Thang, IN
- $20 /hr
- Available now
Results-oriented professional with 15+ years of extensive experience architecting, designing and developing software solutions on diverse platforms and technologies,more...CAREER SUMMARY
Results-oriented professional with 15+ years of extensive experience architecting, designing and developing software solutions on diverse platforms and technologies, most notably Business Intelligence and ASP.NET. BI skills include SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, MDX, KPIs, Data visualisation, Cubes, Pivots, Drilldown reports, Dashboards, Report automation and Third party BI components.
• Design and develop software solutions for national and international clients on Microsoft and open-source platforms. Interface with US-based project management team on several long-term projects for some of the largest commercial organizations in the US and Europe.
• Perform all usual SDLC tasks, including requirement gathering, system analysis, database design, prototyping, drawing up functional and technical specifications, programming, integration, team-management, quality assurance, deployment and end-user training. Offer process improvement insights and suggestions resulting in improved and better streamlined solutions.
• Frequently selected to solve challenging technical issues despite the presence of more-experienced technicians on staff.
• Effective interpersonal skills; work well as a team member with people at all levels of an organization. Equally capable working independently.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills from management, engineer/IT team, and end-user perspectives.
• International experience, having lived and worked in 3 countries; exposed to and appreciate varied cultures, social milieus and ethos.
• Highly organized and efficient; pay meticulous attention to detail; quick learner.
• Frequently recognized for outstanding work performance, innovation and initiative.
• Mentor several colleagues and co-workers just starting out or switching careers.
Platforms and Technologies
Business Intelligence SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, MDX, KPIs, Data visualisation, Cubes, Pivots, Drilldown reports, Dashboards, Report automation, Third party BI components
Programming Languages C#, VB.NET, Visual Basic 6.0
Operating Systems Windows Server, Windows 7/ XP/ 98, MS DOS 6.22, Unix
Development Tools Visual Studio, Business Intelligence Studio, Dreamweaver
RDBMS MS SQL Server 2005/ 2000/ 7.0, MS Access, MySQL
Source Control Visual SourceSafe, Subversion
Enterprise Reporting and Analysis Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services
Code Libraries Microsoft Enterprise Library
Proprietor and Technical Lead Apr 2006 to Present
Dehlize Technology Solutions, Udaipur, India
Consulting to US and European clients on web-based solutions. Developed website content management systems, business intelligence solutions and e-commerce solutions using Microsoft and open-source technologies. Major projects include:
• Business Intelligence Solution “InSight” developed for TeleDynamicX, a European telecom applications company. InSight is an ASP.NET intranet application providing prebuilt and user defined data visualisation tools as well as a web interface for delivery of reports generated through SQL Server Reporting Services.
Features include advanced data visualisation, alerts, drillable dashboards, geographic data views, customisable charts, activity monitors with alarms, email and export of data
Business Intelligence Studio used for developing and publishing SQL Server 2005 reports
UI layer developed using Infragistics and DevEx controls
Dundas charts, maps and gauges used for developing dashboards
Microsoft Enterprise Library used for the DAL and exception logging
Also developed “TeleDynamicX AnalyticX” for the same company. AnalyticX is a highly scalable, enterprise data analytics desktop application that presents raw transactional data in a multi-dimensional format.
• PhysioBob (an ecommerce solution) – Physiobob.com is the world’s biggest specialised job site for physiotherapists. The site features physiotherapy employment opportunities, physiotherapy course listings, recruitment advertisements, an online discussion forum, etc.
The site is e-commerce enabled with SagePay integration
Extensive content management system for UI customization and reports
Application is extensively customizable, allowing for multiple sites (ot-bob.com, social-bob.com, speech-bob.com) to run off the same code base
Technologies: ASP.NET 2.0 (C#), MS SQL Server 2008 Express
Also developed a similar e-commerce site physiosure.com using classic ASP and PayCorp integration
• Data driven rental property website (RentQuest.com) developed for ISADEX Corporation, US. RentQuest.com is an advertising-based web site where US-based renters can research and interact with property managers during their search for rental housing.
Implemented several new features aimed at improving the revenue model. Fixed several bugs in existing code.
Implemented feature to display featured home page listings on rotational basis.
Implemented feature to verify email ids of users registering.
Wrote routines to safeguard the site from possible SQL Injections.
• Online payment solution developed for UK-based leading global provider of prepaid, stored value card solutions, having subsidiaries in North and Latin America. Developed critical code modules, solved complex technical issues and challenges, directed development team. Developed in .NET 2.0, this system comprises a web interface, windows service component for intercepting SMS messages and third party validation routines. Backend implemented on MS SQL Server 2005. Deployed on web farm for high availability load balancing.
• Comprehensive online corporate identity site and partner-collaboration system developed for David Stanley Redfern Ltd, a leading UK-based overseas property investment company. Below is a select list of features developed in this solution:
Property listing website
Google Earth and Google Maps in order to geocode and display satellite imagery and interactive maps for various property developments
RSS feed, URL Remapping, meta data, email notification features in the site
User section where users can manage their saved searches and other customized details
Web crawler to scrape and import data from other sites
XML feeds to export data to partner portals
Window utility to process outlook mails, extract relevant information for database insertion.
A global client database concept is also included where all the property enquiries from different portals are processed and stored in database.
Senior Software Engineer Mar 2005 to Apr 2006
ADVAIYA SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD., Udaipur, India
Designed, developed and supported web applications for leading commercial organizations in the US. Interfaced with and reported directly to US-based project management team at INS. Developed project management tools and products. Gained reputation for devising clean, fast, elegant solutions to diverse technical challenges that often required on-the-job learning. Made presentations on key project lessons, development standards and best practices. Mentored freshman colleagues. Major projects included:
• Web-based CRM-support system developed for one of the largest commercial banks in the US, with assets in excess of $10 billion. This long-term, multi-phased project was aimed at managing customer feedback and grievances, thus resulting in improved service and better customer experience. Also included several auxiliary modules and features. Having audience size of several thousand users across hundreds of geographical locations. Deployed on IIS 6.0, running on MS Windows 2003 Server with MS SQL Server 2000 backend; Active Directory Services used for role-based security. Data access, security and exception management implemented through separate layers. User tier comprised an ASP.NET intranet application, a windows service and 2 console applications. Prepared the Technical Specifications document, database and component design, developed majority of code components, offered real-time support during UAT and managed on-time delivery. Offered architectural and process improvement inputs that were much appreciated.
Lead Developer/ Analyst Oct 2004 to Mar 2005
WISDOM BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, Kuwait
Web-enabled existing MS Access systems by migrating them to ASP.NET, introducing new and better features, thus making the applications more user-friendly and functional. Implemented multi-layered application architecture. Worked on bi-lingual applications with bi-directional GUI. Major projects included:
• Real Estate Management System – a generic solution for managing data on portfolios, estates, units, tenants and rental receipts as also to automate computing of rent accrued.
Software Engineer Aug 2001 to Oct 2004
CLUSTER SOFTWARES, Udaipur, India
Developed several commercial applications software on Microsoft technologies. Clientele included leading Indian and US organizations in many industries such as manufacturing, retail, direct marketing, non-profit, hospitality, education and IT-enabled services. Led and managed development teams of up to 6 people. Introduced and implemented project execution methodologies, processes and standards that turned previously haphazard set-up into highly efficient operation. Major projects included:
• General Ledger and Final Accounting System to facilitate the creation of accounts and account heads, capture of various accounting entries and to thus generate account statements.
• Automated File Transfer System using FTP/ Email that runs as a background process and encrypts, compresses and transfers files stored on local/remote machines.
• Image Manipulation System to allow users to connect to a secure web site, download image files from web server and manipulate them through standard image-transformation features.
• Projects Information Management System for a leading NGO to track data on projects and related beneficiaries thus aiding decision-making and resource mobilization.
• Order Processing, Billing and Inventory Management System for tyre-retread factory that helped the management exercise greater control over processes and improve efficiencies.
Previous professional experience includes administrative position at Euro Printing Machinery Trading, Sharjah, UAE, sister concern of Ali Alhashemi Trading Est., Dubai, UAE, market leaders in the graphic arts industry in the Middle East.
Microsoft Certified Professional Aug 2000
• Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications with Visual Basic 6.0
Advanced Diploma in Network-Centered Computing
NIIT (Bangalore), Sep 2000
Bachelor of Commerce University of Delhi, Mar 1997
Completed Microsoft Approved Courses in MFC Development and COM Development using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.
Corporate Training Completed training workshop in Migrating Lotus Notes Applications to .NET platform.
Personality Traits and Attitude • Versatile, hardworking individual; driven to meet or exceed expectations.
• Commitment and exceptional work ethic.
Languages Excellent command over written and spoken English. Fluent in several Indian languages including Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati and a smattering of Arabic.
• Awarded the K.S. Varkey Memorial Gold Medal (1993) in recognition for having stood first in the CBSE Class 12 Board Examinations at Our Own English High School, Dubai.
• Amateur programmer since 1991.
• Interests include sports, weight training, traveling and reading.
• References gladly provided on request.
ASP.NET and BI Developer