- London, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
With a proven track record for writing and editing vibrant copy, expertly tailored to different audience groups, I am seeking freelance work as a Copy Editor and Copy Writer.
Atmore...With a proven track record for writing and editing vibrant copy, expertly tailored to different audience groups, I am seeking freelance work as a Copy Editor and Copy Writer.
At Voice4Change England (V4CE), Brake and the Hyde Park Community Trust (HPCT), I have composed and edited press releases, articles, newsletters, leaflets and marketing materials which have championed third sector brands, engaged stakeholders and promoted campaigns. Senior staff have been impressed with my ability to powerfully frame campaign messages and tailor material to a wide range of forms.
At present, I am working as a freelance Copy Editor and Copy Writer for a range of academic, third sector and arts sector clients.
I am also Writer and Co-Editor for Women's Views on News (WVoN). Since launching WVoN last year with a small group of writers, I have helped pioneer a website that is growing in readers and supporters at an impressive rate. My articles have been fundamental to our emerging reputation for intelligent, inspiring content.
As a Media Officer, I have secured a reputation for generating widespread coverage across leading print, broadcast and digital news outlets. Whilst working for the road safety charity Brake, I devised a powerful campaign of press releases and telephone pitches which contributed to making Road Safety Week 2009 our most widely publicised to date.
The marketing literature I wrote for a recent V4CE membership drive helped to recruit membership figures that far surpassed our initial targets.
Area Covered: London
Company Name: Voice for Change
Summary: Royal Park Development Trust (RPDT), Leeds, West Yorkshire June 2009 - present
Copy Writer and Press Officer
• I write and edit compelling marketing literature which has proved very successful in drawing in funders, investors and partners to the project.
• As editor of our community newsletter, I oversee all content and compose feature articles.
• I am in charge of writing attention grabbing press releases and selling in stories to secure optimum print and broadcast coverage.
• I compose and edit online copy for our community and stakeholder websites.
• All print materials are passed through me to proof read and edit.
Brake, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire May 2009 - present
Copy Writer and Press Officer
• I compose press releases which have secured excellent coverage in national, regional and trade media.
• In response to media enquiries, I produce quotes and deliver broadcast interviews which accurately reflect Brake’s ethos and promotes its positive image.
• I compose case studies and write engaging copy for our website which powerfully communicates issues of road safety and key campaign points.
• With a tone and style that befits the audience, I produce articles for various trade and third sector publications.
• I am responsible for conducting online research in areas such as policy, media coverage and academic research.
Swamp Circus Trust, Sheffield, South Yorkshire Feb 2009 • June 2009
• I composed a range of successful marketing literature which enabled Swamp Circus Trust to specifically target the varying needs of different client groups.
• I wrote marketing emails, leaflets and brochures to a range of audiences with the aim of securing revenue.
• Raising the profile of our community events in the media and the wider community, I helped to compose press releases, e-cascades, and telephone pitches.
Other employment experience from May 2006- March 2010
• I have worked as a freelance copywriter and proof reader for a range of public and third sector clients including the University of Leeds and the Charities Information Bureau.
• For various publications including Subtext, Women’s Views on News and Pop Matters, I have written feature articles, interviews and reviews.
• I was PA to a lecturer at the University of Leeds, a role which involved communications support, writing briefing papers and preparing copy for the website.
Job Title: Media and Communications Officer
Company: Voice4Change England
Description: I wrote and edited articles for leading third sector publications which championed campaigns and promoted the company brand.
Achieving coverage in broadcast, print and digital news outlets, I wrote press releases and pitched stories to the media.
I composed marketing literature for publications and our website and devised and implemented marketing campaigns.
In charge of website content, I composed copy that carefully responded to the demands of online communications.
With expert technical accuracy I proof read and copy-edited publications, articles and digital content. Responsible for quality control, I ensured consistency of language and policy position, accuracy of information and best representation across all our external communications.
I created and implemented media and communications policies and generated key policy lines to inform external communications.
Responsible for publication production, I liaised with designers and printers to ensure print products were of the highest standard.
Job Title: Copy Writer and Copy Editor
Company: Pea Pod
Description: Writing a series of press releases, copy editing and proof reading content for print publications.
Job Title: Copy Writer
Company: Red Robot Media
Description: I wrote creative, accurate copy for digital media platforms that captivated reader interest and successfully advertised products. My writing was expertly tailored to the demands of digital communications and used search engine optimization techniques to draw maximum traffic to websites and products.
Education Summary: The University of Leeds Bachelor of Arts, English and Sociology High 2:1
Lancaster and Morecambe College A-Levels: Sociology, English, Psychology A,B,C
Settle High School and Community College GCSEs: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Doubles Sciences, Art, Drama, Technology, German A, A, B, B, B, B, B, B, C
H K K.