- Addlestone, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
Selling on-line booking systems to hotel groups and independent hotels, sponsorship for business seminars and TV and DVD production.
A successful sales and new business development professional with 25 years extensive international experience.
Senior level account management and sales of IT solutions, hostedmore...A successful sales and new business development professional with 25 years extensive international experience.
Senior level account management and sales of IT solutions, hosted services and technical products to various industries: travel and transportation, conference sponsorships, Attractions, events and professional sports, .
Proven in direct and indirect complex sales in new business, and account development. Cold calling and sales team management.
Has successfully delivered high value sales utilising negotiating, communications and interpersonal skills.
Area Covered: UK and Europe
Work Experience Summary:
• Contracted to Rubicon, a US company, as sole European sales person for 6 years selling travel related business intelligence products.
• Opened new markets from March 2003 when the hotel product was launched, achieved 30% of Rubicon’s total global sales as turnover increased fourfold.
• Significant new accounts included: Accor, Louvre, Best Western, Leading Hotels, World Hotels, Maritim, Intercontinental, Sol Melia and NH.
• Analysed European car rental product, won new business - with Holiday Auto’s and Citier. Opened and built new relationships with suppliers, including Active hotels, Lastminute.com, Hotels.de, HRS etc.
• Provided sales or marketing projects for the hospitality sector for several companies: including Skytech Solutions of India for offshore IT development, Currently marketing an online reservations system for P3 Technology.
• Generated business valued of £200k each pa per client for R&R Ltd since 2002 providing Revenue Management ASP solutions to regional airlines in EMEA.
Summary: Phd level research for 2 years, sponsored by Buko Ltd and the Science & Engineering Research Council through Dundee University, for a manufacturing systems production scheduling project. Presented a research paper at the International Production Research conference, Nottingham 1989.
MSc (Eng) Manufacturing Systems, Birmingham Univ. 1987
BSc. (Hons) 2.2 Geology, Portsmouth University, graduated 1981
PA Consulting Management training course 1999
International Negotiating Skills, Campus Thomson Paris. 1995
Field of Study: Engineering Production Systems
University / College: Birmingham
sales consultant/contractor, New buisiness and accout development, sales management