- Saint Erth, GB
- £65 /hr
- Available now
is working as the Avaya Technical Lead for a 1700 Seat Avaya Contact Centre deployment in France, Spain and Holland..
Avaya & Cisco Unified Communications Design / Project Delivery Engineer.
20+ years experience in Telecommunications, 17+ years on Avaya Aura and 3+ years on Cisco Unifiedmore...Avaya & Cisco Unified Communications Design / Project Delivery Engineer.
20+ years experience in Telecommunications, 17+ years on Avaya Aura and 3+ years on Cisco Unified Communication Manager across large Enterprise Voice deployments for clients such as Sun Microsystems an American Express exceeding 10k end points.
Detailed Work History.
Unified Communications Design Engineer / Architect (Permanent). – AT&T Integrator Solutions, Australian Headquartered Investment Bank LCM Team. July 2015 – Oct 2017.
As a Unified Communication Design Engineer I provided Project Life-cycle support including but not limited to:
• Capture customer requirements (Interview to define requirements)
• Architecture Analysis (Netbrian etc.) / Configuration Discovery, including CUCM (device pools, configuration of existing Voice Gateway (H323, MGCP, Voice PRI FXS, FXO NIMs), Access Switch and WAN Router configuration for Voice (802.1x, mab, circuit ef cos bandwidth, dsp for mtp / conference bridges / transcoders / SRST using SCCP and or SIP, ASA Firewall object groups).
• Production of High Level and Detailed / Low Level Designs for Enterprise Voice platforms based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and or Avaya Aura Communications Manager (ACM), including integration with SIP Trunks, SBC, CUBE, IPC / BT Turret Systems and Verint Voice Recording. Firewall traversal (ASA Firewall object-group nesting)
• Implementation and Risk Mitigation Planning (migrations, number porting, Test & Turn-up)
• Implementation support and Triage of issues such as 802.1x Authentication (EPoL, SSL), QoS related, use of wireshark pcap and analysis.
• Change Management (RFC/CRQ) and Work Center / 3rd Party implementation oversight.
• Operational hand-off.
High profile Projects and accomplishments:
• Green Investment Bank (GIB) acquisition, analysis of GIB CUCM exported data to determine infrastructure / user data to be migrated to MGL Cluster, creation of HLD and DD, support of engineering resources to implement Design and migrate 300+ users.
• San Jose / San Diego new office design based on CUCM utilizing ISR4451 Routers with T1 and FXS NIMs integrated using H.323 with Cisco 8865 and 8831 IP Phone endpoints, CUCM solution configuration elements including locations, device pools, calling search spaces, SRST etc.
• Consulting on Detailed Design for SIP Trunk integration of CUCM with Avaya Aura Session Manager / Communication Manager.
• Christchurch NZ office relocation.
• Mumbai new PSTN carrier migration.
• Boca Raton new office.
• Jacksonville FL new flagship office using AT&T IPFlex (BVoIP) SIP Trunks, 8865 Video Phones, Jabber Desktop / iPhone. Macquarie Award won for exceptional delivery.
• Mexico City new office.
• NY IPC Dealing System to Cisco IPT migration for Non-Trading users.
• Triage of Extension Mobility issue related to Trust Verification Service.
Senior Unified Communications (UC) Contact Center Project Engineer (Permanent). – AT&T Business Solutions, American Express/HP LCM Team. May 2010 – July 2015.
As a highly trusted Senior UC Contact Center Project Engineer and AT&T EMEA Voice Lead for American Express/HP LCM (Life Cycle Management) Team, I was tasked with providing:
• Consultation with HP / Amex Voice Architects for Avaya Aura Project Solution Design, new / additions and refinements of Amex Private Cloud Enterprise voice architecture and Technical Lead resource for implementation of solutions.
• Project Scoping, requirements capture and provide Professional Services effort estimates to commercial team for contractual engagement with HP/Amex.
• High / Low level IPT Project Solution Designs.
• Creation of Implementation, Operational Readiness Test Plans and Voice Operational Acceptance documents to drive standardization in delivery, testing and On-Boarding for operational support both AT&T and 3rd Party delivered solutions, reducing delivery time and improving quality.
• Contact Centre Avaya ACD Vectoring Call Flow Design, Implementation and Operational Readiness Testing.
• Mentoring AT&T LCM Operational and Centralized Voice Engineering Project delivery resources on Avaya IPT including IP Network Region Design (H.323 Alternate Gatekeeper List considerations), Call Admission Control, IP Phone/Gateway Registration Loading across Port Network Gatekeeper resources, Voice traffic analysis, Dial Plan utilization, rationalization and routing.
• Drive Change through American Express Change Management Process, documentation and presentation of Change to Global Change Advisory Board.
• Identification and resolution of IPT issues through Project Life Cycle such as Cisco DHCP IOS / LLDP interoperability, Avaya Communication Manager and Avaya IP Phone Software/Firmware issues. Extensive experience of using Wireshark to capture, analyze and document H323 and SIP issues.
High profile Projects and accomplishments:
• Technical Lead for French Recovery Project, 1700 seat Contact Centre deployment for 14 locations across France, Spain and Netherlands, Amex International Business Travel ACM Servers (Contact Center Elite) and Media Gateway / Inbound Trunks hosted in Amex Private Cloud / HQ Data Center Brighton UK, geographically distributed dual connected MPLS Branches with 96xx IP Phones and local Media Gateways. Developed and completed EF/ToS/CoS Bandwidth testing, captured End-2-End DSCP marking (EF DSCP 46) and LAN/WAN fail over testing. Identified and resolved LLDP interoperability issue with WS-C3750V2-48PS V2 Cisco Switches. Project delivered on time and on budget.
• Design input and migration strategy for 7k+ users to Avaya Aura Communication Manager 6.1 (Evolution Server) utilizing SIP integrated Aura Messaging through Avaya Aura Session Manager, a solution that’s creating a vendor agnostic SIP environment facilitating future SIP Trunking architecture and rapid integration of Unified Communications such as MS Lync integration (Avaya Client Applications), Presence, IM, Mobility, Video and Messaging.
• Deployment of 1800 9641G IP Phones, (Pre Processor Ethernet) Reviewed and implemented enhanced IP Network Region Design to accommodate Alternate Gatekeeper List and CLAN load balancing algorithm, identification of Jitter overhead on H.323 FW <2.6 SP1, Development of 46xxsettings file and Audio Tuning of deployment into CC through AUDIOENV etc. settings.
• Technical Lead for a new 300 seat Contact Center in Barcelona Spain leveraging a dual connected BT Managed MPLS/LAN network with Avaya 96xx IP Phones registered to the ACM Core in Brighton UK, a centralized HQ model with in Country Numbers provided as DNIS through BT CCS IN Platform, local ISDN30 PSTN access provisioned by co-resident G450 Gateway. ACD Vectoring call flow design, Audio Group VAL and vVAL analysis and allocation of resources for local sourcing of Announcement/MOH at Point of Arrival, Testing of MPLS DSCP marking E2E, MPLS Fail-Fail Over testing for IP Phones and Gateway operation.
• Aspect UIP Predictive Dialer integration with Avaya CM for multiple Projects across EMEA with Avaya AES CTI integration, DS1 E1 connectivity and UAT testing with Aspect Teams.
Senior IPT Project Lead (Permanent). – AT&T Business Solutions, Sun Microsystems Inc. account. Sep 2000 - May 2010.
Design, delivery of IPT solutions for Sun Microsystems (acquired by Oracle 2010) across EMEA for both Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.x and Avaya S8xxx Media Servers running Communications Manger 3.x to 5.x in ICC, LSP and ESS configurations with G650, G700, G350 H.248 Media Gateways. IP Network Region Design including QoS in MPLS cloud deployments, Unified Communications such as OneX Portal, Modular Messaging, Genesys T-Server CTI integration, Nortel IVR integration, Combo Home/Edge SIP Enablement Server, Avaya and 3rd Party SIP UA Clients, H.323 46xx VoIP IP Hard Phones.
High profile Projects I have delivered and accomplishments:
• As Technical Lead I developed and successfully executed phased migration strategy for 800+ users from legacy Avaya G3r to Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) and Unity Connection Voice Messaging for Sun’s new next generation Paris Office. Technical oversight of 3rd party implementation of CUCM 7.0, MGCP integrated Cisco Media Gateway Routers for PSTN, Analogue and PRI QSIG interoperability between Avaya and Cisco. CUCM Route Plan Design, troubleshooting and support of migration activities, management of associated vendor stakeholders.
• Design and installation of Avaya Unified Communications offerings for Sun Labs, utilizing Avaya One-X Communicator, One-X Portal, SIP Integrated Modular Messaging, Presence Server, SIP Enablement Server and Avaya AE Services Server.
• Fix Mobile Convergence (FMC) Mobility Pilot for Dual Mode (WIFI/GSM) devices using the DiVitas Networks (http://www.divitas.com) Unified Communications platform integrated to Avaya SIP Enablement Server and Avaya Communication Manager.
• Technical Lead for Genesys integration servicing “Sun EMEA Support Services” Contact Centers, architected Vectoring Design for both Genesys integration and Adjunct Routing failover to Avaya ACD to branch Contact Centers, developed testing plan for Avaya Call Center Elite Vectoring in nominal, Genesys failover and WAN Network failure / ESS scenarios.
• IPT deployment of G450, G700 and G650 Media Gateways utilizing new MPLS network, leading Network Region Design, Call Admission Control calculations for required EF (VoIP) bandwidth, Testing of EF, DSCP Marking E2E and LSP/ESS operations.
• Migration of MCC Multivantage Definity G3r and G3Si to CM enabled S8xxx Media Servers and G650 Media Gateways.
• Global Integration of Cisco AVVID H.323 Gateways and Gatekeeper cluster for PSTN Tail End Hop Off, achieved a saving of $1.2M for Sun within the first year.
• Lead for BT One Voice (Voice Flex) PSTN access across 60 sites in EMEA.
• Integration of BPO Cisco Unified Communication Manager in India through H.323 Trunking between ACM and CUCM.
• Avaya Contact Center Elite Vector designs utilizing EAS, VDN/Vector Variables, Percentage Vectoring, LAI routing networking.
• ETSI Q.931 DS1 E1 Carrier provision, management, admin, test and turn up.
Operational activities and Skills include:
• Break fix activities on CM Avaya S8xxx Media Servers , Gxxx Media Gateways and legacy Definity.
• Diagnoses of Q.931, QSIG, DCS etc. using CM MST initiated ISDN traces, VoIP H.323/SIP ACM debugging/Trace Analyzer.
• Avaya tier 3/4 escalations for CM bug’s/features.
• Hard/soft Moves Add’s and Changes.
• Avaya Site Administration (ASA) export and imports bulk changes, expert user.
PBX. Technician (Contract). Integra Networks PLC, Chertsey Surrey. June 2000-Sep 2000
Integra Networks PLC, an Avaya Gold Partner for the installation and maintenance of Avaya IP Office products (Formally known as Network Alchemy Argent Branch and Argent Office IP-PBX’s).
Installation and Operational Support of the IP Office product range, trouble shooting faulty handsets and debugging ISDN traces, WAN/ISP Traffic via the ISDN router and H.323 issues. Diagnosis and Vendor escalations for PRI and BRI ISDN issues.
PBX. Technician (Contract). Indeserve, Auckland, NewZealand. www.Indeserve.co.nz Sep 1999-March 2000
Indeserve New Zealand operates from 16 regional offices and is recognized as a national leader in the delivery of Telecommunications project and support services. Activities included nationwide rollout of the Alcatel P4400 PABX’s to the New Zealand High and District Courts, maintenance of Telstra NZ services, including testing PRI and ATD’s, (Automatic Toll Dialers) PSTN digit insertion units for access to the Telstra NZ network. Www.telstra.com
PBX. Technician (Contract). N.James Communications Sydney – NEC Australia. http://njames.com Jan 1999- July 1999
N. James Communications is an NEC approved contractor in the installation and maintenance the NEAX PABX products, Project activates with N.James included installation and commission of the NEC NEAX 7400 ICS 120 PBX, VM500 Voice Mail, ISDN30 Services and associated LT equipment cables, krone module terminations for MDF/IDF jumpering.
PBX Field Service Engineer(Permanent). Tie Communications – Leatherhead Surrey. Jan 1997- Dec 1998
Tie Communications Inc. is a North American manufacture of the ONYX and Buscom PBX product range and sponsor to the Jordan F1 Team to which I was assigned as the Senior Systems Engineer.
I provided field based operational support, trouble shooting ISDN30, DASS II, ISDN2e, AC15/DC5, MUX and analogue network faults, PBX technical support, implementing effective use of the ACD functionality of the PBX for Call Center environments.
Telecom Engineer (Contract). HMS Engineering – Ericsson’s UK. Sept 1996- Dec 1996
Plymstock and Penzance PSTN Exchange upgrades for BT, roll out of the AXE10 Digital Exchange to replace the legacy TXE 4 Exchange systems, cabinet installation, wiring infrastructure and go-live support.
Help Desk/IT Support (Contract). Computer Futures - West Devon Borough Council. April 1996 - Sept. 1996
Network and end users desktop support for the Council, installation and support of Video Conferencing systems.
Telecom Engineer (Contract). Manpower Technical - British Telecom UK. 1995-1996
Implementation of British Telecoms Featurenet Centrex solution, a direct replacement for multiple Nortel Meridian PBXs installations located across Cornwall for the Devon and Cornwall Healthcare Trust
LAN Installation Engineer (Contract). Webb Electronics - Siemens Nixdorf, Dockland’s, London. 1994 - 1995
Implementation of various large Cat5 Structured Wiring and FDDI network installation projects including, Cambridge University, Guys Hospital London, National Health Executive Office (City of Westminster London), Nyrex UK (Oxford), Canada Life Bank (City of London), Midland Police Authority (Birmingham) , Lord Chancellor's Department (City of Westminster London).
Education Summary: Avaya Certification
ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACS - Avaya Certified Specialist IP Telephony Design
ACA - Avaya Certified Associate IP Telephony Implement
ACA - Avaya Certified Associate Contact Centre Implement
Administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager v7.0 (ACUCM)
CCNA 1/2 training program with Cisco Net Academy (http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/index.html)
Convergence+ Certified Professional
Avaya Product Authorization
PAACS-201 PAA Sales: Wireless
PACSS-100 PA Sales: Avaya Communication Manager - Simplex IP Telephony
PACSS-200 PA Sales: Avaya Communication Manager - Complex IP Telephony
Avaya IP office Avaya Network Alchemy, Voicemail Pro. Install and support.
Avaya IP Office Avaya Network Alchemy, Argent Office/Branch install and support.
Tie Communications Onyx Systems Administration and Support.
Tie Communications ISDN30/2r Integrated Services Digital Networks Course maintenance.
Unified Communications (Avaya Aura, Cisco Call Manager) Project and Operational Resource (VoIP, SIP, H.323.MGCP)