- Southampton, GB
- £50 /hr
- Available now
I have worked in software development for over 10 years, and have gained a wide range of experience including software design, web development, computer networks and computer hardware,more...I have worked in software development for over 10 years, and have gained a wide range of experience including software design, web development, computer networks and computer hardware, as well as supporting clients.
My main focus is software development where I work with clients to produce software to meet their requirements. I cover the full software development lifecycle by working with clients to help them clarify their requirements which I then use to produce a concise but detailed specification for the development work. I then development and thoroughly test the software, while regularly gaining feedback during the process.
When I take on a project I feel that it’s important that the work I create is of high quality which meets best practices and that I provide my clients with a very good service and meet deadlines which have been agreed.
The types of projects I have worked on include websites, desktop applications, server software, mobile apps, line of business applications, network management software, cable TV backend software and satellite TV set-top box software. I am also happy to look into other areas of development work as I have gained a wide range of experience over the years. One of the main reasons I have gained this wide range of knowledge is from pure interest in technology and because I enjoy learning different technologies. I have also been involved in computing and software development from a young age.
Some of the previous projects I have worked on include:
- ASP.NET/C# based application for managing computers and network hardware. The hardware being managed included Dell Blade servers, Cisco and Dell switches and PC-over-IP client and host hardware.
- Cable TV backend software, programmed in Java and Groovy, and used a microservices design.
- Job costing system - this included quotations, purchase order, purchase invoice, credit card, petty cash, sales invoicing, stock control (picking lists, returns forms, goods received, stock check), time sheets, reporting, Sage export and user account modules.
- Automation software to process events generated by a CRM system. Event processing involved interacting with Google Spreadsheets, Google Calendar, Kashflow and retrieving and sending emails.
- Satellite TV set-top box software which was programmed in C and Java. The component that I worked on also contained a custom Java virtual machine.
- Websites based on ASP.NET (including ASP.NET MVC) and PHP
- Android and Windows 8 apps
I have worked with the following programming languages:
- ActionScript 3
- Visual Basic
I have worked with the following mark-up/templating/styling languages and formats:
- HTML and HTML5
- CSS and CSS3
I have worked with the following databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 – 2012
I have worked with the following technologies and frameworks:
- ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC
- Windows 8 Apps
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF/XAML)
- Windows Forms
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Windows Services
- Microsoft IIS
- Windows PowerShell
- Adobe AIR
- Crystal Reports
I have written software which has accessed the following online services:
- Google Calendar
- Google Spreadsheet
- Dyn Email
- Zoho Invoices
Area Covered: Southampton, Hampshire for meetings, anywhere remotely
Education Summary: BSc (Hons) Computer Science - University of Kent - 2004
C Programming - City and Guilds Level 2 - 1998
Microsoft Access Database - City and Guilds Level 2 -1997
Visual Basic - City and Guilds Level 2 - 1996
Software, Systems and Web Developer | C# .NET
This chap is absolutely excellent. Understands the problem intuitively and delivers the solution quickly
Grant was brilliant. He is very knowledgably and helpful in providing a solution. Grant spent time looking at alternatives until a viable solution was achieved. I will have no hesitation in using Grant again or making a recommendation. Thanks Grant
We discussed some ideas about integrating Zoho. Grant would probably be good at this work once he develops experience.
Brilliant support thanks Grant!
Very happy as usual.
Very happy as usual.
brilliant as ever...
brilliant as ever...
Another great job!
Another great job. Well worth using
A pleasure to work with Grant, highly professional and knowledgeable, quick to respond to issues.
Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Grant provides 5 star service.